Need some help.... droopy leaves, healthy plant

• Thread starter CFC7143
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CFC7143

CFC7143

I have a 7 day old plant and the leaves seem to be dropping more then they should, I’m absolutely certain I haven’t overwatered but I can figure out what is causing the leaves to drop like this? Other then the droopy ness the plant seems healthy as could be. I was curious if some strains just might have slightly drooping leaves shaped like this for the first set or two of leaves? Any advice would be appreciated
Need some help droopy leaves healthy plant
Need some help droopy leaves healthy plant 2
Need some help droopy leaves healthy plant 3
Need some help droopy leaves healthy plant 4

FFM

FFM

For me it looks like:
Little overwatering. - but you are sure, no.
( less oxygen at the roots )
Soil is a little too hot. - ?
Root system has to develop more to come along
with this soil.
But its not a big thing. Plant is still looking ok.

Every plant and strain can react different in the same soil.
Good Luck 👍

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Your method of watering is incorrect and you are drowning her in water.

Don't water her for another 6 days depending on the room or tent environment, but she will come back once the soil dries.
also, next time when you do want to water. You just give it a little bit in a circle shape around the plant. Try to be 2inches away from the main stem.

How do you know when to water?
you lift the pot and if the pot is supper light then its time for water.
I would pick the pot now and get a feel on how heavy she is with the potting mix being soaked. This will give you an idea on how light the pot should be before watering.

CFC7143

CFC7143

Your method of watering is incorrect and you are drowning her in water.

Don't water her for another 6 days depending on the room or tent environment, but she will come back once the soil dries.
also, next time when you do want to water. You just give it a little bit in a circle shape around the plant. Try to be 2inches away from the main stem.

How do you know when to water?
you lift the pot and if the pot is supper light then its time for water.
I would pick the pot now and get a feel on how heavy she is with the potting mix being soaked. This will give you an idea on how light the pot should be before watering.
This is my 4th grow and I have my watering down pretty good I’ve never had a issue with it. I just wait until the soil is basically bone dry before watering. I am 100% sure I’m not overwatering I honestly think it just might be the strain because other then the leafs drooping like that the plant is probably the most healthy seediling I’ve ever had. And the leafs aren’t dry or shriveled they are just shaped wired I guess and the new set growing at pointing up like they should so hopefully in a week all be be well. By the way the strain is GMOxPURPLE PUNCH

Reactions: PK1
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What are the root temps, air temps and humidity. It does look a tad wet and the swollen leaves kinda says root pressure but that not the only thing that causes it... a cold rootzone will also look like overwatering.

Last edited:
PK1

PK1

Supporter
This is my 4th grow and I have my watering down pretty good I’ve never had a issue with it. I just wait until the soil is basically bone dry before watering. I am 100% sure I’m not overwatering I honestly think it just might be the strain because other then the leafs drooping like that the plant is probably the most healthy seediling I’ve ever had. And the leafs aren’t dry or shriveled they are just shaped wired I guess and the new set growing at pointing up like they should so hopefully in a week all be be well. By the way the strain is GMOxPURPLE PUNCH

yup, she will bounce back less then a week, in couple days i say she'll be good again. Droopy leaves could be over watering or hungry plant.

CFC7143

CFC7143

So after a lot of reading trying to figure out what may be wrong I came to the conclusion that although I don’t know what is exactly happening I’m pretty sure whatever it is something is messing with my root development so I cut back the two droopy leafs hoping it would stimulate more root growth and the new set of leafs growing in seen to be doing pretty good.

WaiWai.Pounamu

WaiWai.Pounamu

Hi CFC, don't stress it looks to me like it may just be a little to hot in the soil, as it looks very green, just try to restrain from feeding her for a couple of weeks. It looks healthy as though.
All my plants outside droop in the early evening
IMG20201228194430
IMG20201228194304

PK1

PK1

Supporter
So after a lot of reading trying to figure out what may be wrong I came to the conclusion that although I don’t know what is exactly happening I’m pretty sure whatever it is something is messing with my root development so I cut back the two droopy leafs hoping it would stimulate more root growth and the new set of leafs growing in seen to be doing pretty good.View attachment 1072487
that was not smart

CFC7143

CFC7143

that was not smart
How so? Doesn’t cutting back leafs in the early stages of growth, like with clones? Stimulate root growth? And also it’s been two days and it so far seems like it worked

PK1

PK1

Supporter
How so? Doesn’t cutting back leafs in the early stages of growth, like with clones? Stimulate root growth? And also it’s been two days and it so far seems like it worked

not sure why you think it worked, cuz after two days the soil would of also gotten dry and the plant would of kicked back having proper leaves. That's just my 2 cents for what is worth.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

If your shure your not overwatering check your ph to make shure thats straight, if the seedling was not so small a bit of fresh pearlite will perk up a plant, it could be drooping bc it is stretching, my plants seem to know there bedtime and an hour or so before lights go out they all droop this is bc there stretching during there period of darkness.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Cutting leaves on clones is to reduce photosynthetic demands on the plant because they don't have roots to uptake nutrients to do so. Also reduce the space they take up.

CFC7143

CFC7143

If your shure your not overwatering check your ph to make shure thats straight, if the seedling was not so small a bit of fresh pearlite will perk up a plant, it could be drooping bc it is stretching, my plants seem to know there bedtime and an hour or so before lights go out they all droop this is bc there stretching during there period of darkness.
Ph is fine

CFC7143

CFC7143

not sure why you think it worked, cuz after two days the soil would of also gotten dry and the plant would of kicked back having proper leaves. That's just my 2 cents for what is worth.
I guess I have to say it again I wasn’t overwatering it. I completely understand a common mistake people make when they first start growing is overwatering but I’m way past that. It’s not even a question I’m not sure what is was but I’d just never ran in to any problems like this in the past. In my first couple of grows I had a few issues in the first week or so but it was easy to figure out what it was weather it was the ph of my water or hot soil but with this specific plant I’m not sure. But I do find it funny how people always jump to overwatering as the issue, to be honest it’s somewhat offensive considering it takes the intelligence of a 8 year old to know when your soil is dry and ready for water. I can assure you that’s not what’s going on here. I’m guessing it has something to do with the temp\humidity I’ve grown the same strain my last few grows and the strain I’m growing now is new to me so I’m guessing this new strain just preferrs a different temp/humidity

CFC7143

CFC7143

So yea she seems to be doing just fine now I went ahead and just put her in her final pot I didn’t want to do it when she was bigger so to avoid having to do it later down the road I just went ahead and did it yesterday and too my suprise there was way more root structure then I though there would be for such a young small plant but there was roots growing all around the other layer of soil but they were a nice color and very healthy looking. I’m just glad the leafs aren’t droopy anymore
BD7F075C AD81 45F2 B8A7 BE5630F8F417
CF3B65E8 6518 4131 954E 3BA3001ADD1A
4420D18F 3C86 4CC0 BE10 843FD6831B45
A979D2F4 EA6C 4198 A3F8 9810BB5C64DF

CFC7143

CFC7143

I just saw this but that’s not true the soil had been dry prior to the watering from that day it had been bone dry for two days and the leafs stayed droopy . Overwatering is not the issue

Top Bottom