Need some help im coco

• Thread starter NewGrowerer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes. Sealed room. Pretty tight. Right now it's at 680 naturally
Yeah 600-800 when they get a bit more mass I jump to 1200 for usually last week of veg and through flower until after the swell is done then drop back to like 600-800 since not much photosynthesis going on after that.

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

Not sure how accurate the vpd is, but at this room temp and humidity, that's my vpd level. Is that okay? I know u said from .8 to 1

Screenshot 20201228 175157
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Not sure how accurate the vpd is, but at this room temp and humidity, that's my vpd level. Is that okay? I know u said from .8 to 1
So 77 under led likely about 72-73f leaf temls and humidity 58. 0.84 KPA sounds about right for ya there. Can go a bit warmer on the room like 80-82 and will help increase growth a bit.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That model of VPD does not take into account leaf temp difference.

Have a read here.

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

So 77 under led likely about 72-73f leaf temls and humidity 58. 0.84 KPA sounds about right for ya there. Can go a bit warmer on the room like 80-82 and will help increase growth a bit.

Yeah. I'll get a better reading tonight when the lights come back on see how accurate it is.

I'll be good at an 81F ?? For how long?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah. I'll get a better reading tonight when the lights come back on see how accurate it is.

I'll be good at an 81F ?? For how long?
For lights on thats fine then lights out about 10f cooler if ya can. You will see a humidity spike at lights out so just keep an eye out it doesn't get to high for the couple hrs after lights out

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

For lights on thats fine then lights out about 10f cooler if ya can. You will see a humidity spike at lights out so just keep an eye out it doesn't get to high for the couple hrs after lights out

Sounds good lights are off now I'm at
72F
63% RH

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

Yes use RO or distilled water in the humidifier.

So what i would suggest is. Mixing 400ppm nutrient solution and run 3 gal of it through each pot first thing after lights on. Then go back and feel 750ml half way through lights on and see how much runoff you get. If you get enough then you know you need to water at lights kn and halfway through the lights on. If you don't get enough feed more until you get runoff and the next day try 3 feeds at 750ml of 600-800ppm nutrient solution and see if you get the runoff.

The 3 gal flush will help rebalance the media and then just carry on feeding 750ml of nutrient solution each feed as many times a day as it takes to get that 10% runoff each time.

Stupid question but I am having a brain fast.

I have a 60 gallon res. My PPM from tap is at 160, EC 0.2

To flush at 400 PPM, how much of my part a, part b, rizo, can canna should I put in ml/per gallon?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Stupid question but I am having a brain fast.

I have a 60 gallon res. My PPM from tap is at 160, EC 0.2

To flush at 400 PPM, how much of my part a, part b, rizo, can canna should I put in ml/per gallon?
So I would add the recommended dose for 20 gal. Of each. Should gavie ya 400-600ish ppm

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok, I got some of that. Mixing my res up right now. They wake up at 1am.
I been mixing calmag with my filter tap water lol was that an issue?
Maybe maybe not but because the tap will be high in calcium you dont need to add more calcium only magnesium.

Reactions: PK1
NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

No cal mag if using tap. If anything 1 gram per gal of mag sulfate (epsom salt)

Have a question in regards to the other room and this room also since these are clones from my other room

I am in week 6 of flower going in 7 tomorrow. I have powder mildew on the leafs. Is this safe to spray? What are the pros and cons of this if u have any experience with it?

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
i never water until run off, ever, never had, never will, only been growing in coco past 10+ years constantly though, lol.
imnice
Glad it works out for you but you are going against all rules/advice growing in Coco by doing that, fine if you have 10 years experience but I would not recommend it to anyone new to coco.

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

Update:

At 1am they woke up, flushed 4 gallon each pot.
PPM: 360
EC: 0.5
PH: 5.9
Water temp: 68

9 hour later 1pm. Feed again 750ml bucket.
PPM: 800
EC: 1.1
Ph: 5.8

Check right after I watered first bucket, seem to get about 20% run off. I watered every pot there after and was getting fast run off, about 20% (hard for me.to collect run off. Need to figure a way to collect each bucket)

So this means that I need to water lights on, and 9 hour later?

---------

Also check VPD. Seem to be getting wide range of numbers.
Room temp: 78-80
Leaf temp: 78-80 (stays at 80F if room is 80F)
RH: 62-64
VPD: 1.14

If I drop the temp
Room temp: 75-77F
Leaf temp: 70-74F
RH: 61-64

I'm a little confused.
-Does this need to be an exact number in regards to room temperature, Leaf temperature, relative humidity? My room temp will Flux about 2 degree some my set point, along with my room humidity.
-should I dial it in exactly or give it ome wiggle room

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Update:

At 1am they woke up, flushed 4 gallon each pot.
PPM: 360
EC: 0.5
PH: 5.9

9 hour later 1pm. Feed again 750ml bucket.
PPM: 800
EC: 1.1
Ph: 5.8

Check right after I watered first bucket, seem to get about 20% run off. I watered every pot there after and was getting fast run off, about 20% (hard for me.to collect run off. Need to figure a way to collect each bucket)

So this means that I need to water lights on, and 9 hour later?

---------

Also check VPD. Seem to be getting wide range of numbers.
Room temp: 78-80
Leaf temp: 78-80 (stays at 80F if room is 80F)
RH: 62-64
VPD: 1.14

If I drop the temp
Room temp: 75-77F
Leaf temp: 70-74F
RH: 61-64

I'm a little confused.
-Does this need to be an exact number in regards to room temperature, Leaf temperature, relative humidity? My room temp will Flux about 2 degree some my set point, along with my room humidity.
-should I dial it in exactly or give it ome wiggle room
Sounds like they could use some air flow. What do you have for circulation?

VPD is a guide. If your close your good.

Yes lights on and 9 hrs later.

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

Sounds like they could use some air flow. What do you have for circulation?

VPD is a guide. If your close your good.

Yes lights on and 9 hrs later.

I have for isolating fans up above blowing and a downward angle and then I have to floor fans running

Top Bottom