Need some help on room construction

• Thread starter New2DWC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

New2DWC

Hello all, new grower in planning stage and I have a couple questions. I’m constructing a small room in my crawl space. My plan is to build a 6x6x5 (low ceiling height) room and insulate it very well so I can grow year round using spray foam and insulation board. I’m hoping this will make it easier to keep warm/cool. Then put my 4x4x5 shortie gorilla grow tent inside the room. My question is will the extra space in room (roughly 2x2ft area) be enough for my air intake for tent? And do you think room will work well enough for a successful grow? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

So, you are planning a sealed room? Do you have environmental controls like a/c, dehumidifier/humidifier, CO2? As far as space, your math is a bit off. You have a 6x6 room, 36 square feet. You have a 4x4 tent, 16 square feet. That leaves you 20 square feet of space, a lot more than 2x2ft. As long as you can fit all your environmental controls in there, your mini sealed grow room should be a success, I would think. The whole space would only be 180 cubic feet, that wouldn't take big appliances to control your environment.

N

New2DWC

Thanks, I appreciate your input. Yes it should be pretty well sealed as long as door stays shut. I plan on putting in a 3/4in pvc pipe in a wall to let fresh air into the sealed room. I do have humidifier and dehumidifier but not an a/c unit. I’m thinking it would be fairly easy to keep cool in warmer months since the air in crawl space is usually cooler during warmer weather and slightly warmer than outside temps in cooler weather. Hopefully we are right about being able to easily heat it in winter. I’ll definitely report back the results

Maxwax

Maxwax

How absorbent is that spray foam? Im concerned about mold or whatever.

N

New2DWC

The crawl space was cleaned for mold prevention about a year ago. The spray is cellulose so it prevents moisture and pests. So it says.

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

A 3/4 inch hole won't provide enough fresh air exchange. You need to exchange the air in the room every few minutes. Plants need CO2. You could supplement CO2 and not worry about the hole. Or you need a 100-200cfm exhaust fan setup.

N

New2DWC

I didn’t think about that not being enough air flow, so thanks for the info. So if I use CO2 then that will provide the airflow? If so that’s even better. I really didn’t want to put a hole in for air since it would take a lot more energy to keep air warm in winter.

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

If you seal a grow room you need to condition the air inside. You must control temp (a/c and heater), humidity (dehuey and humidifier), and you must have proper CO2 levels.

If left unsealed, you must exchange the air to remove heat/humidity and replace CO2.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Have you grown with low ceiling height before? It can be terribly limiting. You need a lot of space to some LED lights.

N

New2DWC

I have not, totally new. I know the heights aren’t ideal but it’s the only space I have at the moment. I know my yields aren’t going to be huge but I’ll be learning as I go. If I can achieve decent grows at this height then I should be able to thrive in any environment

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I have not, totally new. I know the heights aren’t ideal but it’s the only space I have at the moment. I know my yields aren’t going to be huge but I’ll be learning as I go. If I can achieve decent grows at this height then I should be able to thrive in any environment
You'll have fun and grow some smoke. Not ideal but really, how many of us are? I've got 48 inches between my medium and light. Study up on how to train and you'll get some bud.

jj

Top Bottom