Need some help on watering

• Thread starter Roxyheart420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Roxyheart420

Roxyheart420

I have a Netafim drip system and I have noticed my plants looking like hell so I started looking into what the problem might be. I have narrowed it down to something I don't know what to do about.
I put my drippers in a collection cup to see what was coming out before it went into my plants. My reservoir is at 6.0 ph and what was coming out of drippers is 6.6ph This is the first water of the day. They have not been watered for 13 hours. Therefore the water from last night is sitting in my pvc pipe over night and the ph is rising. Has ANYONE ever encounter this problem before?

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

I would ph down if you can get just under 6 would probly do better. I have a general hydroponics single plant dwc with drip ring and had same problem lol. The one I got recommended a 1 hour on 1 hour off timer cycle for the drip ring but leave the air stone bubbler pump go 24/7

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Well I guess not exactly the same problem.. ph problem yea but not sure about your set up tbh I've never heard of that one. But yea maybe if you did hour on hour off it may do better

Pippins

Pippins

The ph of water/nutrients sitting out will rise naturally over time, especially tap water with med/high alkalinity. I keep my nutrient solution bubbling all the time, so the ph of it is constantly rising back up-I have to adjust the PH each time I feed. I use citric acid though, which seems to keep it less stable than phosphoric acid. Bubbling the water flashes out the Co2 that is in tap water, causing the PH to go up, but the same thing happens if you just leave it sitting out, just not as fast.

Roxyheart420

Roxyheart420

My system is on an automatic BlueLab ph doser so it never goes above 6.0 in my res. I also have an airstone going. I use 20% tap and 80% RO. I believe the ph is rising over night between lights on and off inside my PVC pipes. I'm starting to flush my line before they drip into the plant. It's very strange.

Top Bottom