Need some help with lights

• Thread starter Ryan4321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Ryan4321

a friend of mine is going to be growing 1 plant using a compact fluorsent.. he will be using a 200 watt light.. the question is should he get a warm bulb or a cool bulb? he just wants to use 1 light for vegging and flowering.. THANKS!!

P

ProGroWannabe

Buy the warm bulb. The cool is more blue-intensive and is meant for vegetative growth. It WILL flower a plant, but yield will be better with the warm bulb. If he won't buy both, the warm one is the way to go.

R

Ryan4321

cool.. Thanks alot for the quick response.. really appreciate it

M

mainblazer

i wouldnt use either of these bulbs, you need at least a 400w hps to even see a yield worth going through the trouble for! well thats my opinion i use 600w all the time

B

bluegrass

Listen to these guys, look on craigslist or go to the hydro store and pick up at least a 400 mh or hps, If you are going to risk it then make it worth your while. Not scarface mode or anything just a little weight for you to enjoy for a while...:)

R

ReconMan

At least use a 150 or 250 HPS. go on ebay they r super cheap

M

mr. revolution

hi all i grew a johny balze under 2 125 watt cfl's and i got over 1 zip from a 2 1/2 foot tall plant. so good yields can be had with cfl's. just dont let them get to big because the lights need to be as close as possible.youll probly have to train them in order to keep them as close as possible.ime though mh or hps are better but put out much heat that has to be dealt with.heat isnt really a prob wit cfls although they do kick out some.. also Ryan4321 i dont think the 200 watt cfl bulbs come in warm. the largest is 125 watts so youll probly have to use 2 for 250 watts for flower.I do know that the cool does come in 200 so you can use 1 for veg hope this helps:flower

P

ProGroWannabe

Yes, mr. revolution is right.

You guys have to remember that when you use HID lighting, your growing in a certain style, i.e. strong light, further from the plant(s). Other light sources work too, you just have to use them differently to maximize what they give you. My very first grow was with 16 forty-two watt cfls and yielded 2 zips off of each plant. Why did I use 16 of those instead of buying an HID? Simple--I could barely afford the bulbs buying them a few at a time. If I was forced to buy an HID, I'd never have been able to grow at all. Let alone all the necessary cooling that you have to run with HID.

I'm not trying to piss in anyone's Wheaties here, just trying to spread info through experience, is all.

B

bluegrass

I want to do a fluro grow sometime in the future, PGW what was the potency like?

P

ProGroWannabe

bluegrass....Everyone of these Wonder Hazes exibited a diffierent pheno. All (so far) were not lacking in potency. And one low yielding, lime green pheno was hella-potent!

The only thing that a floro lacks is in yield. HOWEVER, if you'll train a little bit, then you can make up for most of that. I have absolutely NO problem recommending the fixture that I'm using. It's the Sunleaves Pioneer 8-bulb T5. There's a decent amount of info in my grow log.

Anymore questions please feel free to ask.

P

poutpup07

flouros?

i've seen good crops with flouros the things being done with the lighting today are unimaginable.....especially the flouros......and the ufos or whatever they are seems like the industry wants an alternative...don't get me wrong i love my 1000 watter and wouldnt trade it for the world but i am thinking of trading my 400 watt mh that keeps my moms 4 a t5 or t8 i dunno i am still doing the math as i have been told that flouros make the plant naturally spread out and create good side branching...kinda sorting the bull from the rest...
pup

Latest posts

Top Bottom