Need some help with what’s happening to the plants.

• Thread starter Baywe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Baywe

Ok so she’s a breast cancer survivor and after going thru surgery, chemo and radiation her lungs are weak and she’s very cautious now as to what general products are being used around the house. So even tho I would be the one amending it to the soil, she doesn’t want either one of us breathing it in. She’s generally more cautious now

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Boiled rice hulls are a decent alternative for aeration.

If you choose to use perlite (I mix a bag of perlite per bale of promix), poke some holes in the bottom of the bag (before you open it) and let a hose run through the top to rinse all the dust away. Makes a big difference if you are worried about keeping things clean.

B

Baywe

Boiled rice hulls are a decent alternative for aeration.

If you choose to use perlite (I mix a bag of perlite per bale of promix), poke some holes in the bottom of the bag (before you open it) and let a hose run through the top to rinse all the dust away. Makes a big difference if you are worried about keeping things clean.
How many litres in a bag of perlite?

Thanks for the advice, will most likely go with perlite and use your method.

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

I don't use that brand of dry amendments only because it's hard to come by here in the USA. I have heard about and seen the results though and it is a solid nutrient for cannabis. I use Down to Earth dry ferts in veg and either Fox Farms Bloom dry ferts or Dr earth flower girl dry ferts then supplement with compost teas. All organics. I have been using Extreme Tea recently and it works great and comes in prepacked bags. For dry ferts, I amend the top soil once a month and supplement with teas in between top dressings. I top dress the last time around the 4th-5th week of flower and continue teas until the pistils are about 70-75% colored. It makes for a pretty simple fert schedule. If you use coco coir mixes, you have to water every day or multiple times a day depending on pot size but if you want time between run soil mixes and use larger pots. There are many more schedules and ways to grow so definitely try some different techniques until you find what works best for you.

B

Baywe

I don't use that brand of dry amendments only because it's hard to come by here in the USA. I have heard about and seen the results though and it is a solid nutrient for cannabis. I use Down to Earth dry ferts in veg and either Fox Farms Bloom dry ferts or Dr earth flower girl dry ferts then supplement with compost teas. All organics. I have been using Extreme Tea recently and it works great and comes in prepacked bags. For dry ferts, I amend the top soil once a month and supplement with teas in between top dressings. I top dress the last time around the 4th-5th week of flower and continue teas until the pistils are about 70-75% colored. It makes for a pretty simple fert schedule. If you use coco coir mixes, you have to water every day or multiple times a day depending on pot size but if you want time between run soil mixes and use larger pots. There are many more schedules and ways to grow so definitely try some different techniques until you find what works best for you.
Awesome, I appreciate your reply and the info provided. I've read about extreme brand before and lots of people swear by it. The list of things i need to get just keeps getting longer lol

B

Baywe

Hi everyone! I am planning on flipping the photos any day now but i can't seem to shake of the yellowing on the leaves. I've read on here that when leaves start to taco and turning yellow it is due to heat/light stress.This started happening about a week ago, So i lowered the intensity of my light a bit and the leaves started to flatten but the bleaching is still there. 18/6 with ES 300 V3.

Temps are 25c/19c Day/night and humidity is 50-45

Last feed was on June 14th 1.5tbls of 444 gaia , 1.5 of 284 bloom gaia and 3 tbls of worm castings per plant. watering with tap water every 2-3 days till i get some run off. I haven't tested my run off PH yet which i'll do next watering but tap water ph is about 7.

I keep reading that plants should be healthy before flipping, are those plants healthy enough to flip?

And yes those 2 in the back are autos which went thru hell.... and started doing their own things. Some folks recommend AUTOS for their first grow.... I'd say hell naw and stick to phots beacuse they are sooo forgiving and learn a lot from them.

also please tell me if y'all see anything else wrong with the plants.
IMG 9462