Need some help with what’s happening to the plants.

• Thread starter Baywe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Baywe

Baywe

Hey @Baywe not sure how I missed this thread but if you need some help growing with Gaia I've got a journal going and a thread with a somewhat detailed growing guide in my signature.

A couple things that I can see from quickly skimming the thread as best as I can:

-you are using soil with premixed nutrients for veg/fruits, it says up to 3 months worth. This is bad. Very bad.
View attachment 1269539
-Perlite is organic and you want to have a good ratio of this in your soil mix for proper aeration
-your day temps are very low(25) try to get day time temps up towards 28/30c

I do believe your initial problems were from the hot/pre nutrient mixed soil, especially if you were adding GG on top of the already hot soil. Improper watering techniques and just not an ideal soil mix for cannabis compounds those issues.
YES!!! Ima definitely follow your journal.
I did not engage much after my initial posts in the beginning of my grow when I ran into issues since I got great advice to help me going from seedling to veg. Also, I didn’t want to keep posting questions about every issue I’ve had cuz I wanted to try and figure things out on my own so I can learn… obviously that was a mistake lol

Ok so, clearly my choice to go with organic pro mix was a bad idea. Moving forward, can I get to harvest without having to repot them?

And those temps…. I was under the impression that 24/25C is the sweet spot. Sorry, I didn’t mention those are my leaf temps, I have an ir gun to take my leaf temps. I have my inline fan that’s connected to a scrubber with a sock venting outside my window and using my ac to bring in fresh air, passive intake to the tent.

What are your thoughts on flushing? Flushing to me is with my tap water ph’d. or am I wrong about that also?

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

YES!!! Ima definitely follow your journal.
I did not engage much after my initial posts in the beginning of my grow when I ran into issues since I got great advice to help me going from seedling to veg. Also, I didn’t want to keep posting questions about every issue I’ve had cuz I wanted to try and figure things out on my own so I can learn… obviously that was a mistake lol

Ok so, clearly my choice to go with organic pro mix was a bad idea. Moving forward, can I get to harvest without having to repot them?

And those temps…. I was under the impression that 24/25C is the sweet spot. Sorry, I didn’t mention those are my leaf temps, I have an ir gun to take my leaf temps. I have my inline fan that’s connected to a scrubber with a sock venting outside my window and using my ac to bring in fresh air, passive intake to the tent.

What are your thoughts on flushing? Flushing to me is with my tap water ph’d. or am I wrong about that also?

Yeah I think majority of your issues stemmed from starting with that pre-nutrient promix you used. As @Aqua Man posted above you could try to give a good flush with pH adjusted water but my experience with slow release nutrients and attempting to flush mediums has never worked out well. If you want a promix blend that has a higher natural volume of aeration then look into the ProMix HP - stands for high porosity. And more importantly that medium would be completely inert aka no nutrients so perfect for a starter mix that you can add to.

Sorry I missed that 25 was your leaf temps. You could most likely get to harvest without having to re-pot but you will likely need to flush the pots with pH'd water until you're getting clean and clear runoff. After that point I would top dress with:

• 4 cups promix hp
  • 1-2 cups of Earth Worm Castings
  • 2 tablespoons of Epsom Salts
  • 2 tablespoon per gallon of 50% 4-4-4 and 50% 2-8-4

Baywe

Baywe

Yeah I think majority of your issues stemmed from starting with that pre-nutrient promix you used. As @Aqua Man posted above you could try to give a good flush with pH adjusted water but my experience with slow release nutrients and attempting to flush mediums has never worked out well. If you want a promix blend that has a higher natural volume of aeration then look into the ProMix HP - stands for high porosity. And more importantly that medium would be completely inert aka no nutrients so perfect for a starter mix that you can add to.

Sorry I missed that 25 was your leaf temps. You could most likely get to harvest without having to re-pot but you will likely need to flush the pots with pH'd water until you're getting clean and clear runoff. After that point I would top dress with:

• 4 cups promix hp
Pro mix HP will be my next growing media. I read that you don’t need to add extra perlite to it, is that true?

Thanks for the advice.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Pro mix HP will be my next growing media. I read that you don’t need to add extra perlite to it, is that true?

Thanks for the advice.

100% correct, the HP bag of ProMix should have more than enough perlite for you right out of the bag if you don't want to be mucking about with amending more in.

Baywe

Baywe

Baywe

Baywe

Update....

Plants are producing some buds considering what i put them through lol.

So i flipped 1st of July and noticed white pistols around the 8th of July, do i start counting days/weeks from the day i flipped or when white pistols appear? If going by pistols it's day 49. They are all photo sativa strains but on the package it says 8/9 weeks, probably just a guide to go by. I checked out the trichomes yesterday with a jewelers loop and its more glassy than cloudy. I'll try and get a pic of them with the loop, I can barely keep my hand steady with just the loop so adding a phone to that scenario should be lots of fun.

@Shaded_One The plants seem to be loving the recipe! The question now is, do i continue feeding, if so how long should i wait between feeding?

IMG 9882
IMG 9887
IMG 9886
IMG 9885
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Update....

So i flipped 1st of July and noticed white pistols around the 8th of July, do i start counting days/weeks from the day i flipped or when white pistols appear? If going by pistols it's day 49. They are all photo sativa strains but on the package it says 8/9 weeks, probably just a guide to go by. I checked out the trichomes yesterday with a jewelers loop and its more glassy than cloudy. I'll try and get a pic of them with the loop, I can barely keep my hand steady with just the loop so adding a phone to that scenario should be lots of fun.

@Shaded_One The plants seem to be loving the recipe! The question now is, do i continue feeding, if so how long should i wait between feeding?

Hell yeah lookin much better! Rule #1: ignore breeder timelines. Monitor the trichs and pay attention to the pistils, they will start to recede into the buds. They should be close to ready or ready by that time based on how you like your trichomes. I'd say you've got a couple weeks left so maybe in a few days I would hit them again with another top dress:

-2 tablespoons per gallon of 2-8-4
-2 tablespoons of Epsom
(you can mix this with some base soil & ewc if you want but not necessary)

Baywe

Baywe

Alright ima skip the HP and EWC, save it for next run.

It’s crazy how these plants still produce after taking a beating. What are your thoughts on lighting intensity at this point. I have ES300 and have the dimmer on 7, should I bother turning up the light?

Thanks for the help.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Alright ima skip the HP and EWC, save it for next run.

It’s crazy how these plants still produce after taking a beating. What are your thoughts on lighting intensity at this point. I have ES300 and have the dimmer on 7, should I bother turning up the light?

Thanks for the help.

You're welcome good to see them bouncing back! That's a pretty strong light it depends on the distance etc. but I would leave it where its at - these girls have had a rough life no need to stress them further :)

Baywe

Baywe

You're welcome good to see them bouncing back! That's a pretty strong light it depends on the distance etc. but I would leave it where its at - these girls have had a rough life no need to stress them further :)
Yes, you’re right. I shall treat them with respect moving forward. Till chop day comes around 😁

Neueregel

Neueregel

• 4 cups promix hp
hey GTG, do you add dolomite lime and azomite at the beginning? if so how much? thanks

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

hey GTG, do you add dolomite lime and azomite at the beginning? if so how much? thanks

ProMix already comes with Calcitic & Dolimite lime premixed in so not necessary and I don't start adding azomite/trace minerals until around week 2/3 with seeds, or straight away if using clones.

Neueregel

Neueregel

ProMix already comes with Calcitic & Dolimite lime premixed in so not necessary and I don't start adding azomite/trace minerals until around week 2/3 with seeds, or straight away if using clones.
ok thanks. i thought pro mix did but wasn't sure. thanks

Masimike88

Masimike88

Update....

What’s the recipe if you don’t mind feeding thru veg?

Latest posts

Top Bottom