Need some help with what’s happening to the plants.

• Thread starter Baywe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Baywe

Baywe

First time grower and first time poster. I need LOTS of help with these pretty plants, any information will be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

These were planted in pro mix organic moisture 4 weeks ago. They are under a ES 300 on the lowest setting at about 30inches from the tallest leaf. I had the light at about 24 inches and about level 3 intensity about a week ago and thought that it was too close. I don’t have a digital ph meter atm but wifey had a test kit for soil and strips to test the tap water. Soil ph showed neutral so about 7.0 and water ph around 7.8, alkalinity ppm 120-180 ppm and calcium about 250ppm.

Temp 25/22 day/night and humidity 60/50 day night.

I’ve used tap water this whole time.

Please someone tell me I can fix/save these plants.

Need some help with whats happening to the plants
Need some help with whats happening to the plants 2
Need some help with whats happening to the plants 3
Need some help with whats happening to the plants 4
Need some help with whats happening to the plants 5
Need some help with whats happening to the plants 6
Need some help with whats happening to the plants 7
Need some help with whats happening to the plants 8
Need some help with whats happening to the plants 9
Baywe

Baywe

I usually water them good when they feel light, so everyday. Should I be transplanting them to a bigger pot now?

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

If you've got to water everyday then pot up, but those pots probably aren't full of roots. I'd be willing to bet if you waited another day between waterings, the pots would get even lighter.. you want the whole pot to dry back before watering again.

TSD

TSD

Look over watered. Those pots are really just meant for starting out seedlings and then popping the whole pot into the ground... not fantastic for weed. Pot up to like 1 or 3 gal pots, and add more perlite next time, like a 4 to one ratio at least, I usually do about 1/3 perlite, the soil looks very dense. Dense soil plus overwatering equals plants that can't breathe oxygen via thier roots, plants that can't breathe can't thrive and will start to get all kinds of issues going on. You need to get your watering practices down. My plants routinely go several days between waterings, and that's .75 gallon pots that are full of holes and have airflow under the canopy and proper humidity and temps. At a month old, they usually go 4 or 5 days between, maybe more, you have to learn to read your plants. Get a moisture meter for insurance if you are having a hard time.... they absolutely have to have a dry period to breathe and thrive... not bone dry, but close. I think they'll bounce back nicely after a transplant.

Baywe

Baywe

Look over watered. Those pots are really just meant for starting out seedlings and then popping the whole pot into the ground... not fantastic for weed. Pot up to like 1 or 3 gal pots, and add more perlite next time, like a 4 to one ratio at least, I usually do about 1/3 perlite, the soil looks very dense. Dense soil plus overwatering equals plants that can't breathe oxygen via thier roots, plants that can't breathe can't thrive and will start to get all kinds of issues going on. You need to get your watering practices down. My plants routinely go several days between waterings, and that's .75 gallon pots that are full of holes and have airflow under the canopy and proper humidity and temps. At a month old, they usually go 4 or 5 days between, maybe more, you have to learn to read your plants. Get a moisture meter for insurance if you are having a hard time.... they absolutely have to have a dry period to breathe and thrive... not bone dry, but close. I think they'll bounce back nicely after a transplant.
The plan was to transplant to 5 gal pots but started panicking once the leaves starting showing issues and that plan went out the window. Should I water again once they all almost bone dry and then transplant or transplant when dry?

As far as soil goes I was going to use the one pictured below. Do I need to mix in something else in the soil? My wife wants more of an organic grow and is against perlite for some strange reason 🤷🏽‍♂️

DBEAC284 D359 4F37 AC02 8CE0F6E45677
648F9428 8FD3 478E BD5A 103692009341
7705BA76 2661 4034 A787 F41FCA6C9A6F
TSD

TSD

The plan was to transplant to 5 gal pots but started panicking once the leaves starting showing issues and that plan went out the window. Should I water again once they all almost bone dry and then transplant or transplant when dry?

As far as soil goes I was going to use the one pictured below. Do I need to mix in something else in the soil? My wife wants more of an organic grow and is against perlite for some strange reason 🤷🏽‍♂️
Well promix has perlite, and perlite is organic, it comes from volcanic glass that is heated to expand, it's literally just to aerate the soil and allow more oxygen in, it's kind of essential for success, that or vermiculite. I know it looks like styrofoam, but it is not lol. It depends what kind of grow you want, living organic soil, plain base soil that you feed, promix needs to be either amended first with things or fed organic nutes. You might want to consider an organic soil that is premixed for cannabis growing such as ocean forest. If you're going to use just promix you're going to need to feed it on a schedule with an organic fertilizer, there are many options I personally prefer dry nutrients and I myself use Dutch science, I try to keep things as organic as humanly possible. You want to transplant when your moisture level is somewhere in the middle not too dry or too wet because the soil will break apart when you take it out of the pot, If you're planning on just popping those peat pots in the pot, I'd moisten them and gently take off at least the bottom, the roots can struggle to get through them wich can make you lose a little time.

Last edited:
TSD

TSD

I see it says it has organic fertilizer, I don't know what that is or how much it has, but I'd say after a couple weeks in the new pots, you'll need to start feeding because it will have used up what's in it... but you'd have to ask someone that uses that specific promix alone. I've used it as a base to make my soil, the American version of organic promix, I added bone meal, blood meal, bat guano, worm castings, Epsom salts, egg shells, coffee grounds, a bit of Lyme, manure, extra perlite, nematodes... but no specific ratios, just till the soil gods whisper "enough " 🤣 I do outdoor so it's more forgiving as far as if you get the mix a little wonky. Even with all that I resume feeds after about a month of putting them outdoors. I mix and let it cook in the sun for like 2 months so it can settle and not be too hot. You could spend months learning about the various methods of organic soil grows, there should be a thread on here for organic gardening. I just wing it and do what I learned from my mama and hope my green thumb makes it work lol.

Baywe

Baywe

I see it says it has organic fertilizer, I don't know what that is or how much it has, but I'd say after a couple weeks in the new pots, you'll need to start feeding because it will have used up what's in it... but you'd have to ask someone that uses that specific promix alone. I've used it as a base to make my soil, the American version of organic promix, I added bone meal, blood meal, bat guano, worm castings, Epsom salts, egg shells, coffee grounds, a bit of Lyme, manure, extra perlite, nematodes... but no specific ratios, just till the soil gods whisper "enough " 🤣 I do outdoor so it's more forgiving as far as if you get the mix a little wonky. Even with all that I resume feeds after about a month of putting them outdoors. I mix and let it cook in the sun for like 2 months so it can settle and not be too hot. You could spend months learning about the various methods of organic soil grows, there should be a thread on here for organic gardening. I just wing it and do what I learned from my mama and hope my green thumb makes it work lol.
Holy nutes LOL

When I transplant I will be taking it out of the compost cup and right in the soil.

I think I’ll be using just the pro mix and feed them organic nutes as you suggested. Will definitely be adding more perlite to the pro mix. Gaia green is readily available for me and was checking out their living soil but the price for the quantity you get is insane lol, for my first grow anyways. Will definitely be getting their organic nutes tho.

Baywe

Baywe

Well promix has perlite, and perlite is organic, it comes from volcanic glass that is heated to expand, it's literally just to aerate the soil and allow more oxygen in, it's kind of essential for success, that or vermiculite. I know it looks like styrofoam, but it is not lol. It depends what kind of grow you want, living organic soil, plain base soil that you feed, promix needs to be either amended first with things or fed organic nutes. You might want to consider an organic soil that is premixed for cannabis growing such as ocean forest. If you're going to use just promix you're going to need to feed it on a schedule with an organic fertilizer, there are many options I personally prefer dry nutrients and I myself use Dutch science, I try to keep things as organic as humanly possible. You want to transplant when your moisture level is somewhere in the middle not too dry or too wet because the soil will break apart when you take it out of the pot, If you're planning on just popping those peat pots in the pot, I'd moisten them and gently take off at least the bottom, the roots can struggle to get through them wich can make you lose a little time.
Scheduled feeding?

I will be more digging in the forums as there is tons of great information on here.

TSD

TSD

Scheduled feeding?

I will be more digging in the forums as there is tons of great information on here.
I just meant some sort of schedule, like every other or 3rd watering or whatever your particular nutes and plants are calling for.

TSD

TSD

Holy nutes LOL

When I transplant I will be taking it out of the compost cup and right in the soil.

I think I’ll be using just the pro mix and feed them organic nutes as you suggested. Will definitely be adding more perlite to the pro mix. Gaia green is readily available for me and was checking out their living soil but the price for the quantity you get is insane lol, for my first grow anyways. Will definitely be getting their organic nutes tho.
Yeah, not huge quantities of everything, and I made enough for 12 large holes. I use the Dutch Science Grow Girls starting at 2 or 3 weeks up until I transplant. They are usually looking hungry after a couple weeks in the ground, I usually do another round or so of veg nutes then switch to the Grow Girls Grow bloom nutes. I go by what the plants look like since as I said... I kind of wing it lol. I'm more of a hippy grower than a scientific one. 🤣

TSD

TSD

Holy nutes LOL

Yeah, I got some ocean forest to start in this year and it's over 20 bucks a bag. Everything is getting crazy expensive.

Baywe

Baywe

I just meant some sort of schedule, like every other or 3rd watering or whatever your particular nutes and plants are calling for.
ahh got you. is this a good nute to
Yeah, not huge quantities of everything, and I made enough for 12 large holes. I use the Dutch Science Grow Girls starting at 2 or 3 weeks up until I transplant. They are usually looking hungry after a couple weeks in the ground, I usually do another round or so of veg nutes then switch to the Grow Girls Grow bloom nutes. I go by what the plants look like since as I said... I kind of wing it lol. I'm more of a hippy grower than a scientific one. 🤣
Im looking at these 2 products and was wondering if the 444 is good for veg? In time hopefully i learn to read plants better and get my watering game on lock and then move on to the next challenge. This shit can drive you nuts tho lol

Screenshot 2022 05 07 123344 PM
Screenshot 2022 05 07 122811 PM
TSD

TSD

ahh got you. is this a good nute to

Im looking at these 2 products and was wondering if the 444 is good for veg? In time hopefully i learn to read plants better and get my watering game on lock and then move on to the next challenge. This shit can drive you nuts tho lol
Usually veg nutes have More nitrogen... I personally haven't used them so I don't want to say for sure how they would work... my npk is 8-4-6. It's all purpose, so I think it would work ok... maybe search the name on here and see if you can find anyone that uses gaia.

Latest posts

Top Bottom