Need some help with what’s happening to the plants.

• Thread starter Baywe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Baywe

Baywe

Ok so she’s a breast cancer survivor and after going thru surgery, chemo and radiation her lungs are weak and she’s very cautious now as to what general products are being used around the house. So even tho I would be the one amending it to the soil, she doesn’t want either one of us breathing it in. She’s generally more cautious now

TSD

TSD

Yes she knows, it’s more about amending it. All good probably just add more coco coir instead.
If it's the dust she's worried about, spray it w a hose and/or wear a painter's mask.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Boiled rice hulls are a decent alternative for aeration.

If you choose to use perlite (I mix a bag of perlite per bale of promix), poke some holes in the bottom of the bag (before you open it) and let a hose run through the top to rinse all the dust away. Makes a big difference if you are worried about keeping things clean.

Baywe

Baywe

Boiled rice hulls are a decent alternative for aeration.

If you choose to use perlite (I mix a bag of perlite per bale of promix), poke some holes in the bottom of the bag (before you open it) and let a hose run through the top to rinse all the dust away. Makes a big difference if you are worried about keeping things clean.
How many litres in a bag of perlite?

Thanks for the advice, will most likely go with perlite and use your method.

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

I don't use that brand of dry amendments only because it's hard to come by here in the USA. I have heard about and seen the results though and it is a solid nutrient for cannabis. I use Down to Earth dry ferts in veg and either Fox Farms Bloom dry ferts or Dr earth flower girl dry ferts then supplement with compost teas. All organics. I have been using Extreme Tea recently and it works great and comes in prepacked bags. For dry ferts, I amend the top soil once a month and supplement with teas in between top dressings. I top dress the last time around the 4th-5th week of flower and continue teas until the pistils are about 70-75% colored. It makes for a pretty simple fert schedule. If you use coco coir mixes, you have to water every day or multiple times a day depending on pot size but if you want time between run soil mixes and use larger pots. There are many more schedules and ways to grow so definitely try some different techniques until you find what works best for you.

Baywe

Baywe

I don't use that brand of dry amendments only because it's hard to come by here in the USA. I have heard about and seen the results though and it is a solid nutrient for cannabis. I use Down to Earth dry ferts in veg and either Fox Farms Bloom dry ferts or Dr earth flower girl dry ferts then supplement with compost teas. All organics. I have been using Extreme Tea recently and it works great and comes in prepacked bags. For dry ferts, I amend the top soil once a month and supplement with teas in between top dressings. I top dress the last time around the 4th-5th week of flower and continue teas until the pistils are about 70-75% colored. It makes for a pretty simple fert schedule. If you use coco coir mixes, you have to water every day or multiple times a day depending on pot size but if you want time between run soil mixes and use larger pots. There are many more schedules and ways to grow so definitely try some different techniques until you find what works best for you.
Awesome, I appreciate your reply and the info provided. I've read about extreme brand before and lots of people swear by it. The list of things i need to get just keeps getting longer lol

Baywe

Baywe

Hi everyone! I am planning on flipping the photos any day now but i can't seem to shake of the yellowing on the leaves. I've read on here that when leaves start to taco and turning yellow it is due to heat/light stress.This started happening about a week ago, So i lowered the intensity of my light a bit and the leaves started to flatten but the bleaching is still there. 18/6 with ES 300 V3.

Temps are 25c/19c Day/night and humidity is 50-45

Last feed was on June 14th 1.5tbls of 444 gaia , 1.5 of 284 bloom gaia and 3 tbls of worm castings per plant. watering with tap water every 2-3 days till i get some run off. I haven't tested my run off PH yet which i'll do next watering but tap water ph is about 7.

I keep reading that plants should be healthy before flipping, are those plants healthy enough to flip?

And yes those 2 in the back are autos which went thru hell.... and started doing their own things. Some folks recommend AUTOS for their first grow.... I'd say hell naw and stick to phots beacuse they are sooo forgiving and learn a lot from them.

also please tell me if y'all see anything else wrong with the plants.
IMG 9462

Baywe

Baywe

FINALLY made it to first day of 12/12 🤣

Must do a better job on my homemade trellis netting 😁

9C5F2978 B26C 4D39 8EF2 54D4E1C86F59
Baywe

Baywe

I've been struggling with these girls ever since we flipped...... i been top dressing with gaia 444/284 @ 50/50 ratio 1 tbls/gal every 2 weeks. My light is 24inches above canopy @ 60% intensity, they are in 3 gal final pot and are drinking 3.2 to 3.5 Liters every two to three days with tap water, the run off ph was between 6.4 to 6.8. They were last fed on the AUG 1st. I've been watering till i get a lil bit of runoff. I don't know where to go from here, any opinions are greatly appreciated.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You have a lockout… test your runoff PH. You likely need a flush but it could be the soil you used or amendments concentration or ratios.

Jusding by what i see in going to guess your soil PH is high.

But other than that im gonna step out on it because amended soils are just not my thing and other than if the soil PH is high and you can possibly fix with some aluminum sulphate the issues will keep coning back.

Thats the problem with amendments… do it right and its easy can be, make a mistake and you have grow long problems

Baywe

Baywe

You have a lockout… test your runoff PH. You likely need a flush but it could be the soil you used or amendments concentration or ratios.

Jusding by what i see in going to guess your soil PH is high.

But other than that im gonna step out on it because amended soils are just not my thing and other than if the soil PH is high and you can possibly fix with some aluminum sulphate the issues will keep coning back.

Thats the problem with amendments… do it right and its easy can be, make a mistake and you have grow long problems
Thank you for the reply @Aquaman. I tested my runoff last watering and it was between 6.4-6.8. I will test the soil ph when they wake up, I have one of those soil test kits.

I've been hesitant to flush but i'll do it next watering. Do i need to ph my water before flushing? aluminum sulfate is on the list.

My wife did mention that I was doing wayyyy to much when i was pretending to know what i was doing when i was amending the media smh.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thank you for the reply @Aquaman. I tested my runoff last watering and it was between 6.4-6.8. I will test the soil ph when they wake up, I have one of those soil test kits.

I've been hesitant to flush but i'll do it next watering. Do i need to ph my water before flushing? aluminum sulfate is on the list.

My wife did mention that I was doing wayyyy to much when i was pretending to know what i was doing when i was amending the media smh.
If you flush you need a light feed and it should be ph and temp adjusted.

But if its your amendments your gonna fight this to the end

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Hey @Baywe not sure how I missed this thread but if you need some help growing with Gaia I've got a journal going and a thread with a somewhat detailed growing guide in my signature.

A couple things that I can see from quickly skimming the thread as best as I can:

-you are using soil with premixed nutrients for veg/fruits, it says up to 3 months worth. This is bad. Very bad.

-Perlite is organic and you want to have a good ratio of this in your soil mix for proper aeration
-your day temps are very low(25) try to get day time temps up towards 28/30c

I do believe your initial problems were from the hot/pre nutrient mixed soil, especially if you were adding GG on top of the already hot soil. Improper watering techniques and just not an ideal soil mix for cannabis compounds those issues.

Top Bottom