Need Some Input On Heavy 16 With Aptus Top Leaf Burning Week 5

• Thread starter Offdarips
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Offdarips

Offdarips

I have a issue running the Aptus with heavy 16 we are in we 5 of flower and just notice on 10 of our trees a burn on the fan leaves on the top of the trees.
Running Aptus only twice a week with caps tea once a week. We also Foliar spray canna boost once week at 6 ml per gal up to week1- 4
image-jpg.463921

We are going in at 900 ppms run off 950
Ph going in 6.0 runoff 6.2
We are also using CalMag Plus on non Aptus days with heavy base , then on Aptus days we use MassBoost on we weeks 3&5
Here's a pic of the leaf

deacon1503

deacon1503

Looks like a heavy K-. Is that an older, lower fan? On mulders chart the protagonist of a K is a Boron. Pull back on fasilitor maybe? The burnt tip with a heavy roll up says K-.

Last edited:
Offdarips

Offdarips

I have a issue running the Aptus with heavy 16 we are in we 5 of flower and just notice on 10 of our trees a burn on the fan leaves on the top of the trees.
Running Aptus only twice a week with caps tea once a week. We also Foliar spray canna boost once week at 6 ml per gal up to week1- 4 We are going in at 900 ppms run off 950
Ph going in 6.0 runoff 6.2
We are also using CalMag Plus on non Aptus days with heavy base , then on Aptus days we use MassBoost on we weeks 3&5
Here's a pic of the leaf

Snake Oil

Snake Oil

Since it looks like not all the leaves are burnt but the higher up leaves that get a lot of light and the edeges of the leaves are especially burnt, i'd say its a physical burn from your foliar feedings of boost. Are you spraying with the lights on? Spray the boost a hour before lights on then spray off any residues with plain water right when the lights come on.

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

You do not need to add any Ca or Mg with H16 period, especially if you are using Massboost. I've been running H16 for 4 years now with RO in coco. Any time I've added extra Ca I got negative results. Drop the CalMg plus, you'll be happy you did :)

Offdarips

Offdarips

Here we go again on week five of bloom new grow with different nutrients. We are using NM nutes in RO water with 100 ppm of CalMag plus, ruby, bigbud, carbo load, budswell, Seagreen once a week, this time and the same thing is happening the top fan leaves start to dry up and burn. Our RH is 45% to 50 % we thought maybe our adjust a wings lights were to close so we raised them now there 3 ft from the canopy and there still burning up. Ac thermostats set to 75 degrees leaf temps range from 73 to 79 degrees. Co2 propane burner set at 1000ppm Nutes going in at EC 2.0 run off EC 3.0 ph run off 5.7 not all the trees are doing nor all the buds on the trees are burning up.

G

greyman41420

So what your dealing with is a phosphorous deficiency. If I was to hypothesize I would tell you that its one of two issues causing this deficiency. First scenario: your propane burner is either leaking at the connection site, or the tank itself. Do you smell propane in your room? Is your mini split(if using) hitting the burner itself directly and putting the flame out? Second scenario: You have a charge problem in your room. This is often the cause of "cursed rooms" as people try multiple different formulas and get the same shitty results. Due to one or multiple electrical charge issues in your room it stunts your plants ability to grow. In a 18k watt, three room residential setup, I have seen one out of the three rooms fail every time this group tried to grow yet the two rooms on each other side of it produced pure flame. Same regimen, gear, etc. I have asked a few people their opinions and it ranges from electrical stations nearby to some other random guesses. Do your buds stay relatively small? Do the leaves start with that burn and then by week 7-8 they are completely crispy and dead? Those were the symptoms I have witnessed with this scenario before. This is absurdly rare and I would look at the propane burner your using first, those are complete dogshit for the most part.

Just some guesses, hope you can figure it out.

Offdarips

Offdarips

That was the first thing we check was the burner & we also lower the co2 from 1100ppm to 1000 ppm. We have two five ton split unit Ac. It looks like the lights burned the fan leaves, the buds look like there still stacking size & the white hairs on the buds look good. We are going to raise the lights some more and lower the Ac to 72 degrees tomorrow. Our EC run off is climbing it read 4.2 EC today, we went in at 1.4 EC going to flush them tomorrow with some Rapid start to freshen up the roots our ph run off went down to 5.3 from 5.6 as well. Everything was looking perfect until the end of week 5

Thanks

Offdarips

Offdarips

7 gallon smarts pot nutrifield 70/30 perlite coco drain to waste.

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

Personally I would get the runoff down below 2.0 if using NM and not let it go above 2.0 from there on out. Also, 2.0 is a bit high for NM going in.

I would be very concerned with your run off ph being that low. Soil is chocked full of salts. I like to see my run off at around 6-6.2 in coco. Get the ec down and ph up and you'll see a big difference imo. Those plants have nice structure they should snap back just fine!

sixstring

sixstring

Yeah man ec going in @2.o and coming out @3.0 aint good imo and coming out in the 4ec range your just over doing it.try the less is more method for a while i bet the plants respond better.gl

Offdarips

Offdarips

Update
Looks like the burning on the leaves have stop. Since then we have raised our lights & lower our feed EC to 1.5 along with lowering our Ac temps. Trees are looking better but still have issues with EC 2.8 runoff ph 5.6 we have done several flushs with fulvic & budswell. Should we do a major one time flush until we get the ph up & EC down to 1.4 or should we just keep lowering our feed going in everyday? Tree are not showing any signs of deficiency, but buds are growing slow.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I would just let the trees eat more of the food up, maybe just water with straight RO for some time as the ec levels drop

Offdarips

Offdarips

We ran straight Ro with fulvic & budswell today 0.1 EC, runoff was 1.6 EC so tomorrow we will go in at 1.2 EC.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
No Run RO water, nothing else just plain RO water, Don't PH nothing use is just like it is and water plants with...:)

Top Bottom