Need some pointers on lights please!

• Thread starter Bigroots1904
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bigroots1904

Bigroots1904

So I just threw some seeds I found in a zip I bought into a cup of water and they all ended up germinating so I decided to buy a basic 1000 watt Giixer led grow light and it’s working fine but I wanna add more light to add when my plants start flowering.
What’s a good light to add to either the sides of the plants or what. Lmk what you think but be gentle🤣

the photos are day 7 Glookie (non fem) seeds

Need some pointers on lights please
Need some pointers on lights please 2
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You get something along the lines of a gavita or mars hydro youll get nicer quality. Hlg is nice.
There might be a slight price difference between Mars and Gavita.
So I just threw some seeds I found in a zip I bought into a cup of water and they all ended up germinating so I decided to buy a basic 1000 watt Giixer led grow light and it’s working fine but I wanna add more light to add when my plants start flowering.
What’s a good light to add to either the sides of the plants or what. Lmk what you think but be gentle🤣

the photos are day 7 Glookie (non fem) seeds
Are these photoperiod or autos?

You'll need some way of controlling light and dark periods for photoperiod plants — like a tent or a room where no light will enter during the dark period.

Bigroots1904

Bigroots1904

There might be a slight price difference between Mars and Gavita.

Are these photoperiod or autos?

You'll need some way of controlling light and dark periods for photoperiod plants — like a tent or a room where no light will enter during the dark period.
So tbh I don’t know if they’re auto seeds or photoperiod. What do I need to worry about when it comes to either of those? I know one is made for seasonal of some sort and take longer to flower or something? I’m still learning and researching but how long should I be running them under light? I plan to build a sealed door for my closet.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Girls look good, what’s your plan with transplant? God help you if you leave them all in that window box.
18hrs on 6 off for your lights.

Bigroots1904

Bigroots1904

Girls look good, what’s your plan with transplant? God help you if you leave them all in that window box.
18hrs on 6 off for your lights.
Haha yeah I’m already moving them
Into their own pots as soon as
More soil comes
In the mail! Haha I plan to only
Keep them in there for another couple days, but they’re looking good I just need to read up on auto flowering or if these seeds are trickier to maintain. We shall see

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Guess the first question is how much space do you have and what is your budget?

PiffinOut

PiffinOut

Haha yeah I’m already moving them
Into their own pots as soon as
More soil comes
In the mail! Haha I plan to only
Keep them in there for another couple days, but they’re looking good I just need to read up on auto flowering or if these seeds are trickier to maintain. We shall see
ugh you literally got sold dirt. such a city slicker thing to do. i make mah own dirt around these parts. yard dirt, fungi from mature maples, baby roots from raking the maple trees, compost+EWC, and oak/locust/maple leaf/bark litter. sand on top sometimes. ive even used ladybugs for pest control. now thats countray.
get yer grow sum tegridy.

PiffinOut

PiffinOut

Good things to start off with. Also, whats regular room temp. If he needs to heat the tent but cant heat the room enuff he can benefit from something other than LEDs.Good starting variables to know

SSgrower

SSgrower

Yes agreed, "Found in zip bag" means bagseed to me, I "photoperiod grow" all bagseed unless the seed came from Hydro a friend sols or gave me that I know it's femed or auto. More info from newbie.

Bigroots1904

Bigroots1904

Good things to start off with. Also, whats regular room temp. If he needs to heat the tent but cant heat the room enuff he can benefit from something other than LEDs.Good starting variables to know
Regular room temp stays between 65-70 degrees and I have a nice swamp cooler that I use to regulate temp and I also use it to produce vapors to help humidity

Bigroots1904

Bigroots1904

My budget is cheap. Lol but I can probably still find a way to make some cash if I need to buy some extra lights or get a more expensive “full spectrum” led light for the grow

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Well. Idk if this helps but I’ve been using two 150 true watts covert leds in my 2x4. Check it out. Small lamps, low heat, and it’s full spectrum. I like em cause they are on the cheaper side but a high quality light. Super sturdy and light weight. Only thing is that it has a 2x2 foot print for flowering. Hence why I use two. Lol

Bigroots1904

Bigroots1904

Well. Idk if this helps but I’ve been using two 150 true watts covert leds in my 2x4. Check it out. Small lamps, low heat, and it’s full spectrum. I like em cause they are on the cheaper side but a high quality light. Super sturdy and light weight. Only thing is that it has a 2x2 foot print for flowering. Hence why I use two. Lol
Thanks for the information I’ll read up on those lights and when I get some money for my budget I’ll def invest in some extra lights for the sides.

Habosabin

Habosabin

Not sure what your budget is but I am also on a budget. I picked up two 150w led lights for a $100 each(on sale)and they've been solid. They even have wifi and smart controllable. Just make sure the efficiency per watt is as highest as you can afford.

Latest posts

Top Bottom