need strain advise for outdoor uk grow!

• Thread starter half baked
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
half baked

half baked

easi now farmers, im looking to have abit of fun this yr and try my hand with an outdoor project, nothing big just a couple of plants dotted round here and there, the 1 thing i cant choose is which strain i shud use, the weather where i am isnt the best lol, at hand i have,

white fire(2 phenos)
white bubba
tahoe og kush
strawberry white
happy kush(2 phenos)
kush 'o' nesia
exodus cheese
d kush
and a sour jack

i'm not sure whether to use some of these or buy some that may be more suitable to our crappy climate, so all suggestions welcome

peace hb

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

prob kinda a stupid question but is it humid there?
if it is anything that is leafy might have some problems if its humid
anything dryer i know all the cali connect stuff in your line up will do good

Mogrow

Mogrow

bakeddude, try some of the BC outdoor stuff from secert valley seed, vancouver seed, BCBD, British columbia seed company, some are on attitude some are on green life seed. They have about the same lat. you have in UK. You might go with a good dutch strain also.
or just put what u have in the ground and let 'er ripp....

G

Genius Genetics

im in the uk bro and i grow outdoors

the exodus cheese should do well, it has done for me most years.

iv never tryed to grow any of the other strains you mentioned outdoors

the starins i like the most for the uk climate are:

BOG's Bubblegum line ie Bog Bubble, Bogglegum great taste yield and VERY early never lets me down

Cinderella 99, i like Mosca's Bx1 and F1 both finish early with a good yield great taste and high.

Durban Poison, Dutch Passions and Sensi Seeds have both been good to me nice early 100% sativa good breeder too

if you can use the darkening technique you can grow what ever strain you like, all the starins on your list would be worth a go and this method helps you get some AWESOME yeilds

also solid indicas and most early indi/sati hybrid will do well, i like to try new things every year but still stick with my old favourites :)

Peace GG

M

moodster

it would be best to find a plant that does well on 6 hours of sunlight a year LOL

wiggles

wiggles

i live in the uk and i can recomend the AMS strain by greenhouse seed co, i live in wales in the uk and i posted my grow and how it whent, i recomend it alooot, also dont just buy a seed because the website or seller is saying itle do good, saying a seed is good for outdoors is like saying the weather in all countrys is the same, make sure you look up outdoor grows when lookin for outdoor seeds, but yeah AMS its the way for a good first grow, good strong plant

Smiley
wiggles

wiggles

im in the uk bro and i grow outdoors

the exodus cheese should do well, it has done for me most years.

iv never tryed to grow any of the other strains you mentioned outdoors

the starins i like the most for the uk climate are:

BOG's Bubblegum line ie Bog Bubble, Bogglegum great taste yield and VERY early never lets me down

Cinderella 99, i like Mosca's Bx1 and F1 both finish early with a good yield great taste and high.

Durban Poison, Dutch Passions and Sensi Seeds have both been good to me nice early 100% sativa good breeder too

if you can use the darkening technique you can grow what ever strain you like, all the starins on your list would be worth a go and this method helps you get some AWESOME yeilds

also solid indicas and most early indi/sati hybrid will do well, i like to try new things every year but still stick with my old favourites :)

Peace GG

whats the darkening technique? is it to do with faster flowering?

half baked

half baked

cheers for the replies lads, i gonna put a few in i think, not quite sure what yet but still quite abit of time till the last frost lol GG i wont be able to do the darkiening technique, and i take it u mean put them in 12/12 by putting them in the shed or something, i'll only be able to get there once a week or so.

what i am going to do though is get some sannies tabs and put them in there, gonna do it organic too using the plant magic oldtimer range, granuals, bio silicon, boost and root stimulant just like i do with my indoor grow and put probably 50 litres of plant magic soil down per plant too, better get my digging head on lol, i'll start a thread when i take the cuts for it.

moodster that cracked me up that, im in mcr and there is always a black cloud hanging ova our heads somewhere :( lol

peace hb

G

Genius Genetics

whats the darkening technique? is it to do with faster flowering?

The darkening technique
is the method of forcing your plants to flower early in the season instead of at the end of the year,
you do this just as the summer is peaking,
so your plants are flowering (in the uk) in the months June/July/August instead of Sept/Oct/Nov

it works best if you are growing in your back yard,
with remote gorilla grows its a bit tricky but people still do it.

i get 15-20oz per plant with this technique, thats on 10-15ft plants

there are 2 ways of doing this,

the easiest way is to grow in your back yard with your plants in pots,
bring them in shed/garage/home for 12 hours total darkness every 24 hours.
the timing has got to be same every day/night you uncover/cover, take out/bring in
if you start around mid July with an 8 week strain you will only need too do this for 4-5 weeks
then leave the plants out/uncovered to finish flowering early September,
if growing sativas, start the darkening technique earlier and continue untill flowering is finished

Remote gorilla grows,

you cover your plants with thick (light proof) plastic for 12 hours total darkness (so around 19:00 untill 07:00 next morning) if you build a frame for the plastic sheeting its quite easy to cover/uncover

Hope this helps bro

Peace GG

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

goodluck on the farming man but the truth personly i would try out the wifi's or the tahoe if they dont make it fuc it but i know that smoke is beautifull.hope you figure out what your gunna run im sub'd

G

Green Supreme

It's easier to tarp in the evening and stay till dark. You can then take the tarps off for the night. This means you don't have to come back in early AM. This also allows the
plant to have good airflow all night, preventing humidity build up that can cause mold. Good luck. Peace GS

G

Genius Genetics

It's easier to tarp in the evening and stay till dark. You can then take the tarps off for the night. This means you don't have to come back in early AM. This also allows the
plant to have good airflow all night, preventing humidity build up that can cause mold. Good luck. Peace GS

not possible in the uk bro (the months i mentioned)

in June/July it doesn't get dark untill 22:30-23:00 and then the sun comes up around 04:00-05:00

so... for it to work how you said, i would have to cover the plants at 16:00 every day

at 16:00 its still very hot a humid and you would miss an awful lot of sun,

you want to use the sun when its at its best, at 04:00 its quite weak
the sun is much stronger around 16:00

i trap from 20:00 to 08:00 or from 19:00 to 07:00..

peace GG

G

Green Supreme

Sorry, was describing the process because it was asked about. Peace GS

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

hhaaha come on fellaz :rollj: remember the rule :passingjoint: puff puff passs lol

half baked

half baked

cheers for all the advise lads, im thinking of growing 1 of each strain as a test this yr to see what i want and dont want for next yrs run when ive got my new place, ive also got a sour kush which will be joining the party, i'll keep ya updated

peace hb

G

Genius Genetics

cheers for all the advise lads, im thinking of growing 1 of each strain as a test this yr to see what i want and dont want for next yrs run when ive got my new place, ive also got a sour kush which will be joining the party, i'll keep ya updated

peace hb

Sound bro,

i hope it all go's/grows well for ya:)

i'll be doing an outdoor grow again this year (i do every year for years now)

if you got any troubles/worries/questions just ask or pm me bro, i'll be more than willing to help:)

Peace
GeniusG

sycboy

sycboy

Yeah Boii,
I'm deffo doing that shit this year! Got given a greenhouse and got a nice big, dark garage! Forcing them seems to be the best way to deal with the humidity of the UK's autumnal weather, there's always a chance that buds will go mouldy as it gets cooler. Nice to see some other UK growers on here! Happy farming...

half baked

half baked

cheers GG, i think i'll be taking u up on that offer, dont know what you've let urself in for lol, cheers for the support too boys, its apprieciated

peace hb

G

Genius Genetics

cheers GG, i think i'll be taking u up on that offer, dont know what you've let urself in for lol, cheers for the support too boys, its apprieciated

peace hb

Lol no worries bro im always here if you need any help:)

Peace
GeniusG :smiley_joint:

Latest posts

Top Bottom