Need to go easy on my aging joints.

• Thread starter Varmit22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Varmit22

Varmit22

On my first grow, going pretty good for now. End of week 4 flower. Doing a scrog and just put up a support trellis.
Did a week 3 defoliation, and that’s a lot on my back. Looking for other higher yield methods that will require less bending. And No I am not a bitch
Need to go easy on my aging joints
5x9 tent
7 ladies, had 1 go hermie on me.

Need to go easy on my aging joints 2
Varmit22

Varmit22

I guess I was looking for a method that I can bring pots out of the tent rather than on my knees under the scrog. Topping, fimming. Like I said first grow and I have no frame of reference on what can produce what.

385E351C 992D 4A59 A3CC DA4432E9FAC8
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Beautiful garden! Great job on your first grow.

I would say if you want to avoid back issues (I know, I'm right there with ya brother), and still have the same # of plants, work out of smaller tents, say a 2 x 4 so you have one row of two or three plants easily reachable. I'm thinking you could easily get 9 plants in 3 - 2 x 4 tents. You would most likely still need to kneel down to take care of them.

If you wanted to sacrifice a plant or two in the same 5 x 9 tent, do less plants and you will have more space to move around and amongst the plants. If you were a little skilled, you could cut out access doors on your big tent on the sides where there are none. Couldn't tell from your photos if each side has its own access, but that is a must have on those larger tents and make it a real pain to do even basic watering to the rows in the back without multiple access doors. Same as above, you would most likely still need to kneel down to take care of them.

The scrog limits you and how much you can move the plants around if you go that method. If you want to move them in and out of the tent to put them up on a table to avoid bending down, you could rig up some sort of tomato cage or personal scrog net over each pot or use stakes to support your branches and flowers. As long as you keep them short, that should work too.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

I usually flip a bucket and sit on it lol I have a rolling adjustable height mechanic stool, I thought about gettin another one for inside

VicMattice

VicMattice

start with them on a raised platform next grow,high enough for you to move through...

Varmit22

Varmit22

I guess I am amazed at how many flowers I have. Again nothing to compare to.Not that I am greedy but was hoping for enough for a few friends also when it’s all done. With cages or SOG could yield still match a scrog? And I have no idea what I am going to get from this. Lots of weeks ahead to mess up. Again i am not lazy just want to keep it an enjoyable experience.
thanks for all the replies also🙏🏻

Top picture from Saturday this one from last night. What an amazing plant!
E61592E7 DF9D 490F AAD9 0DBA577FD50A

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I guess I am amazed at how many flowers I have. Again nothing to compare to.Not that I am greedy but was hoping for enough for a few friends also when it’s all done. With cages or SOG could yield still match a scrog? And I have no idea what I am going to get from this. Lots of weeks ahead to mess up. Again i am not lazy just want to keep it an enjoyable experience.
thanks for all the replies also🙏🏻

Top picture from Saturday this one from last night. What an amazing plant!View attachment 1148786
Absolutely and I would say SoG would well outperform scrog. You cut your veg time down to like 1-2 weeks. More harvests per yr

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

I put my 2x4 tent on a table so it sits about 30 inches off the ground. For me it made a huge difference. I have a 60-something inch tent, so I can get away with it and have enough room between the ceiling and the top of the tent for the fan housing. If you have a taller tent it might not be an option.

quirk

quirk

I'm thinking you'll soon have plenty of medicine for your aging joints. Fine looking grow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom