Need to kill some mites fast! Possible russet mites!!

• Thread starter kushtrees
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kushtrees

So I've been noticing some weird issue with some leaves lately, they have lil sore like things by the leaf blades and as it gets worse the leaves curl inward and claw down, sort of looks like Over nuting. I'll have pics tomorrow don't have my camera or loupe on me. Anyways I looked today and saw some lil tiny white bugs, sort of looked liked spider mites, but they were on the top of the leaves and I could see the lil white things moving around.

After looking thru the forums here n some pics online it looks like possible russet mites, im 90% sure it's a mite of some sort, but because it's not underneath the leaf I'm thinking it's not spider mites. These things have apparently survived ACT, caps foliar pack straight, azamax (low dose), pyrethrum. And now I need to know what do to next. From what I've read sulfur and avid seem to be the things to do. I'm 4 days in flower so if ima use avid it has to be soon

Here's my plan for now
Tomorrow azamax (highest dose) with pyrethrum, tho if that won't do anything ima drop it
Ima try and get some safer brand sulfur spray to hit em 3 days later
I'ma burn some sulfur also, never done it before, does it need to be 3 days apart from a foliar or can I do it the day after?
If I can find avid locally I'll try that, but I have a left over vial of floramite, anyone know if that will work?

I'll prolly be reading up on this all night so I have a thorough plan for tomorrow and the week, any help is super appreciated! I'll have some pics up tomorrow as well

K

kushtrees

It looks like I shouldn't be sulfur burning if Im spraying with any oils, so maybe that's not the best idea.

Funtcas3

Funtcas3

doctor doom fogger...do it early tho...in veg if u can....killed all mine.

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

i go crazy on mites, i got some clones that had mites on em last week i've treated them so many times and all my other veg plants that i've killed 6 plants already, i don't fuck with those things at all, treat every 3 days for a few weeks, bombs, sprays, dipping,

ralphy

ralphy

I expect the Azamax and pyrethrum should at least knock them down for a bit, if not actually wipe them out.

Predatory mites are highly effective, but if you're using Azamax and pyrethrum, it might just kill them.

If you have access to a USB or zoom microscope, have a look at them under that to check if they are actually mites. Mite will have 8 legs of course, not 6.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Are you trying to stay organic? I recommend floramite, if you are in veg. Actually it was Logic from this site that suggested it to me, and I can assure you that it really works. Takes two applications for me, and it never hurts to switch it up with something like Azamax. Good luck with your battle.

green punk

green punk

If trying to go close to organic, SNS 217, works well, also believe it or not Mighty wash kills them too. Then for another Azamax. . Got to be vigilante, dont get lazy and not spray. And spray with the lights on so you see your coverage. Raise your lights. Don;t buy into that green led lights off crap.

K

kushtrees

Can't spray with te lights on theyre bare bulbs, so they might explode. I could turn off te hid lights n use a t5 while I spray tho. Floramite is apparently not effective against rust mites so it looks like if I use that I need to be sure they aren't russet mites first, I'm going to do a scope check if they aren't russet mites floramite it is, if it does look like russet mites, I think ima go with the safer 3 in 1 sulfur spray and order some avid today

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Hey brother... I had seen some time back that some guy was using rubbing alcohol... it kills them but does not kill the eggs so you would have to do it every couple of days to insure they are dead. Alot of work but the Alcohol evaps so noting is left over.

Best of luck to you brother.

K

kushtrees

I might have to try the rubbing alcohol thing sounds safe, I'm assuming it won't harm the plants. Seamaiden said 1:1 water to 91% ISO in another thread I'll try this on some select leaves.

The more I read about avid the more scared I get to use it. According to the msds sheet it's not really a carcinogine, minus the BHT in it which MIGHT be a carcinogine, not enough research. My other concern is I've never used really strong chemicals in my sealed rooms before, should I be concerned about my mini splits? Maybe cOver em before I spray everything? I'm going to be turning off everything else so I'll turn those off too

K

kushtrees

Currently thinking...
Sulfur today
Avid 3 days later
sulfur 3 days later again
Nitrozime with some asprin water 3 days later to get their immune systems going full blast
And will prolly be rubbing select leaves with the rubbing alcohol mixture

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

All them hard chemicals work but your nuts are gonna fall off in 10 years if you don't use a mask and suit when spraying it.
Mighty wash, Mighty wash Mighty wash check it out that is all I have to say besides careful with the alcohol I killed some plants using that myself. Good luck them bastards are resilient you think you get them wiped out and then one or two eggs that you miss hatch and you are back to square one.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Mightywash, mightywash, mightywash, mightywash, mightywash, mightywash. Oh, and put it in a fogmaster type delivery device. (Actually I can't say for sure on Russets, but it definitely melts, yes melts, two-spotters). Looks like it might ruin the eggs too, I'm actually running a test sample with that right now, letting it go a few more days to see if any hatch.) Anyway, if you just want to wipe them out so the safe/organic IPMs do their job better, mightywash is definitely the stuff. Doesn't seem like they could possibly build a resistance to what it does to them physically, supposedly organic and safe enough for sales-reps to drink, but still hiding magic ingredients..

green punk

green punk

If just the Avid alone doesn't do the job, torch the place and start fresh. That stuff is super nasty.

deep buddy

deep buddy

sulfur really helps alot of things as long as you dont burn it excessively it will help. also the alchohol absolutely works just tedious but iso kills just about any insect. it also extracts the essentials so be careful applying.
i love mighty wash for spider mites its like a damn ginsu knife, never tried it on russet mites as luckily i havent had them yet. should be really easy to ident they are like tiny tiny lok like dirt barely visible as single insects to the naked eye

K

kushtrees

I def have the proper protective equipment for using avid and such chemicals, I try n not use it much tho. I took em out of flower today (they were at day 5 so no harm) after a thorough spray of a high dose of azamax because I couldn't find avid locally. Ima wait to flower again till I hit em with avid twice, that will be in a week or so because it won't get here till Friday-Tuesday

Wtf is mighty wash... High frequency water?? I'm not a fan of using products that don't tell u shit about what's in em or tell u anything at all really. Plus I doubt it it'll kill russets from what I'm reading they are tough fuckers.

I looked at em thru a x45 magnifying glass and still cannot be 100% sure thy are indeed russets, they don't really look like sausage shaped and they are more white colored than beige. The leaf damage looks like ressets tho. I'll put some pics up wen I get a chance tonight. I'm usin my phone ATM.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Wtf is mighty wash... High frequency water?? I'm not a fan of using products that don't tell u shit about what's in em or tell u anything at all really. Plus I doubt it it'll kill russets from what I'm reading they are tough fuckers.
I know dude, totally not my style to ever use these kind of products, but after advice from a few peopl I trust, took the plunge for a $35 gallon of it. Probably my best ipm purchase ever, blows azamax away for straight up carnage if you're in the full-on war phase. I used it last round while in mid-flower (again something I'd usually never do, but got lax and let some borg in), embarrassing thing is I had already used floramite and ovation at flip and those didn't cut it (resistance).

[all that being said, I still use azadachtrin, microbes and environmental control for regular ipm to avoid stuff like floramite, avid, forbid, ovation, etc unless absolutely necessary, + proper protection and time to harvest for translaminars, try to avoid systemics altogether]

If their physiology is anything like a spider mite's... well the stuff MELTS them into gelatinous goo.

Intense

Intense

What's in mighty wash? Never come across it.

Alcohol can work if used at the right dilution, but requires multiple applications. Same goes for permethrin (though some say it doesn't work as it's an insecticide, not a miticide, I've found it actually is effective, at least for spider mites).

K

kushtrees

CHEMICAL CONTROL
(see Chapter
11)
Spraying oil or sulphur works against some russet mites,but not A. cannabicola (Hillig, unpublished data 1994).Cinnamaldehyde, a new product extracted from cinnamon(Cirznanzorzuin zeylanicilnz), may be effective against russet mites. Hillig used abamectin (avermectin Bl). Lindquist etal. (1996) used abamectin against Acillops lycopersici;abamectin killed more russet mites than dicofol, yet sparedthe biocontrol mite Hoineopror~ematzls nconai. Hexythiazoxis a growth hormone that selectively kills immature mites.Hillig (unpublished data 1994) killed
A.
cantzabicola by en-closing potted plants in large plastic bags and filling the bagswith C02 or two hours. Spider mites and thrips can also bekilled with 100% C02,but require at least 12 hours of expo-sure.

heres some info I found on chemical control of hemp russet mites, it didnt copy paste well

K

kushtrees

abamectin is the active ingredient in avid so Im hoping that works

The info Ive found on biological controls is depressing, only one or two know fungi can effectively combat russets and they arent commercially available as of 2009, but iuno about now.

On a side note anyone know if foliar spraying 2 days apart instead of 3 will be bad

I want to fit in a nitrozime asprin foliar in between some mite controls to keep the ladies healthy thru all this

Heres some pics of the leaf damage, and I saw 1 beige mite so far so its looking like russets...
Photo 1
Photo 3
Photo 4

Top Bottom