Need to kill some mites fast! Possible russet mites!!

• Thread starter kushtrees
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
The Bayer Mite and Disease Conrtrol is a 3 in 1. It kicks powdery mildews ass also!

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
If you can afford to push your humidity really high 80-85%+++ for two or three days, you will kill the mites. Do that again after a day or two at your regular humidity and you will kill recent hatches. Their bodies absorb the water and they DIE. This combined with some of the already mentioned precautionary use organics, has kept me mite free for some time now. I use Neem oil. Sorry if I didn't see where someone else had posted up the humidity.

PB

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

For predators, check Rincon Vitova or something like that... They will mail you any predatory mites you need... I used Gallendromous Occadentalis or something like that (spelling is wrong but close)... They don't really work once you have an infestation and are more for preventative measures...

When I had russets, the only thing that worked was Safers 3 in 1... I sprayed it every 3 days until those fuckers were dead and it worked... I also stripped my ladies down to only growth tips which sucked, but it is really the only way... I also know that Cinnamon oil will kill them (Zero Tolerance has a lot of it) but if you are spraying oils, you need to watch the sulphur spraying because sulphur and oil don't mix and will kill your plants really quickly...

K

kushtrees

I just did 3 rounds of avid and they are all dead... Can't see a single egg or mOving mite and growth is back to normal. They are way over Vegged, but ima flower em and use some of the safer 3 in 1 as a preventive for the first 3 weeks.

My new moms/ clones are all about to get avid/ forbid/ avid dunks or vice versa and I'm bleaching shit when I have some time.

I have never heard of high humidity killing russets. I know it will slow spider mites. My RH at night climbs to 80-85 in veg at night every day without fail and they were still there going strong

Im thinking the worse is over.... Knock wood... But they seem manageable in veg, I'm hoping they don't return in flower cuz that will be a bigger issue. Thanks for the predator source I'll check em out might have to try em out

ralphy

ralphy

Reading through this thread and how difficult it is proving to kill russet mites, I really hope never to have to deal with them. They're the stuff of grower's nightmares!

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

Don't want to beat on a old thread but I would like to mention my experience with this mite. Summer 13' off to a great start mid summer noticed all the early signs mentioned above. After tearing my hair out trying to id the problem, we finally treated the whole garden and was able to save my harvest. However not before these mini maggots infected every plant on the farm. I was lucky to have help id these guys, while other people in my area were not, they lost ALL of their outdoor crop. It devastated lots of people this last year. So 2014 I hope everybody starts looking over their plants with a loop early detection and prevention will help. These russet mites look like they will be sticking around for a while. So small they travel in wind on your cloths on your dogs, and if you can find their damage then there are millions even billions of mites on your plant. That's why so much damage can be done in such a short time. Time to add another job to the list.

venial

venial

1. sulphur burner only slows them down , it won't cure them
2. azatrol/ azamax did nothing
3. sm90 slowed them
4. stylet oil did nothing
5. neem oil did nothing
6. safer sulphur did nothing
7. avid wiped them out for a few months
8.90% iso spray did nothing
9. rotating avid dip with tetrasan ovacide dip 2 days between total 3 dips of each worked

the key is cutting back all your moms to a single small clone of each plant , you will have an incredibly hard time getting rid of them with a large canopy . it wasn't until i tossed all large plants and focused my assault on them with single node cuttings that i got rid of them . eggs can lay dormant for months . avid dip kills adults while terasan crystallizes and kills the eggs . if you don't address the eggs in time they will return . this is my first hand experience with these little bastards ..

I just started flowering and I'm outside, think avid will help? i have a few 8 footers and am applying it via an atomizer

Thachrizzy

Thachrizzy

If you have russet mites, or broad mites, then you will need to initiate WW3 tactics. Use Forbid 4F at 1 mL/gal with Cocowet at 2 mL/gal, completely drench EVERY surface of the plant, along with the top layer of soil. 7 days later come in with Avid and do the same at the exact same rates. Then 7 days later come in and do another Forbid 4F, and then 7 days later come in with the Avid.

Oh yes, 24 hours before the Avid do a Power Wash foliar application to clean off the foliage. Then after the plant material is completely dry come in with the Avid.

This is the only way I have ever seen anyone get rid of Russet Mites...they are THE BORG.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I just started flowering and I'm outside, think avid will help? i have a few 8 footers and am applying it via an atomizer
this
If you have russet mites, or broad mites, then you will need to initiate WW3 tactics. Use Forbid 4F at 1 mL/gal with Cocowet at 2 mL/gal, completely drench EVERY surface of the plant, along with the top layer of soil. 7 days later come in with Avid and do the same at the exact same rates. Then 7 days later come in and do another Forbid 4F, and then 7 days later come in with the Avid.

Oh yes, 24 hours before the Avid do a Power Wash foliar application to clean off the foliage. Then after the plant material is completely dry come in with the Avid.

This is the only way I have ever seen anyone get rid of Russet Mites...they are THE BORG.

P

Peter b

I have russet mites on my outdoor plants. By the time I figured out what the problem was they had messed up about 10% of my garden. I removed all the infected areas and put that in my burn pile. Then I sprayed with the amazing dr zymes the first day, green cleaner the second day and neem oil the fourth day. I don't think they are spreading very fast but i still see the females on the leaves under 100x scope just sitting there. I just ordered take down garden spray, bonide 8 and no spider mites. I'm going to hit them every evening starting in 2 more days. I just hope to stop the spreading but from what I've read I don't think I'll kill them off completely. I'm not gonna use avid, it's too late into flowering anyways. Good luck

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Good luck to you@
Ive been told Conserve SC can control them.
Thats my next move.

Last edited:
G

Greenhouse G

Apparently people are having luck here using sulfur burners in their greenhouse. The greenhouse next to ours is way infected, and we now have some in ours as well. This crap is scary! Many, many years of pest free grows and now someone puts a greenhouse up near ours and it's time to deal with nasty little wrigglers.

Die mites, we will defeat you!! =)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Apparently people are having luck here using sulfur burners in their greenhouse. The greenhouse next to ours is way infected, and we now have some in ours as well. This crap is scary! Many, many years of pest free grows and now someone puts a greenhouse up near ours and it's time to deal with nasty little wrigglers.

Die mites, we will defeat you!! =)
be careful with sulphur and oils they dont mix well. they can burn

ODFarminSSH

ODFarminSSH

The Borg…fk them I hate them with a passion and vow to live life free of them!
After my initiation 2014 here are my findings:
ALL means of "less" harmfuI pesticides/mitecides are futile. Although some are very good at containment none seem to have the destructive force needed to destroy this enemy.
I have jumped ship chem warfare (forbid+avid) has been only truly effective means to end the war.
In saying this, preemptive is the only way to be, once invaded by the Borg.
When flower time starts coming around and climate starts to shift micronized sulfur all around doesn't hurt to kill all spores that may be laying around while giving hell to last survivors looking to recolonize.
Last but not at all least the swarski mites are let loose to carry out the battle until the next war begins.
I plan on adding OGBIOWAR foliar packs to the end game, this time around.
Hope this info helps another farmer entering the warzone with the Borg

L

luvurkle

Sulfer burners should not be used if your into flowering it leaves poisonous residue assorbed into the buds .. atleast that's what I was told .. anyone else ?

L

luvurkle

Not to hijack a thread but What should I wash myself with after trimming watering messing with russet mite infected plant ?
Bleach water ? alcohol ? I need to also clean my grow room took out everything now to sprayng bleach or iso Also how much ratio should be used to spry walls tables ect.. I don't want to bleach the carpet but I gotta win or lose this this shit has got to be over

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Do you have powdery mildew and russets?? Be careful those buggers will hitch a ride on anything that moves including the wind.

Top Bottom