Need to know what the cause of these spots is

• Thread starter wthVa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Usually with leaf septoria you will get black spots too but people have told me not always could be a deficient but that’s rarely molbydenum
It could be septoria. But we need a much closer shot of the spots. At this range they look like the tiny circle burns from water drops.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
when you dug the hole was it mostly dirt or was it clay?
there shouldn’t be any nutrient issues with it being in the ground unless your soil is bad.
i think spraying the plant in the sunlight did not cause those spots, it looks to be a root issue?
milk is good for plants immune system weather it works for this or not?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

when you dug the hole was it mostly dirt or was it clay?
there shouldn’t be any nutrient issues with it being in the ground unless your soil is bad.
i think spraying the plant in the sunlight did not cause those spots, it looks to be a root issue?
milk is good for plants immune system weather it works for this or not?
I disagree. I think if it were roots, it would look different. More faded in instead of having hard edges. This seems to be outside in, not inside out.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I disagree. I think if it were roots, it would look different. More faded in instead of having hard edges. This seems to be outside in, not inside out.
mmm, we’ll get it figured out, he did say it was lower leaves, he probably should add a couple more pictures.
maybe its kinda crammed in the woods somewhere getting infected from something else?
i was thinking with the last post that his hole was mostly clay, so bad drainage causing the leaf septoria..
time for a doobie!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

mmm, we’ll get it figured out, he did say it was lower leaves, he probably should add a couple more pictures.
maybe its kinda crammed in the woods somewhere getting infected from something else?
i was thinking with the last post that his hole was mostly clay, so bad drainage causing the leaf septoria..
time for a doobie!
You could be right. We need better close ups.

wthVa

wthVa

This is the area that I have them at. They were in 10 gallon grow bags but got root bound. So I had to dig holes about
2 1/2ft and cut the bags and it was a very easy transplant. All the soil was around the roots so I didn’t lose any of it, I just placed the plant with soil still attached to the roots into the hole, before placing them into the hole, I watered the bottom of it good and then placed the plants. They are being grown above my dads garden, and yes it’s mostly red clay. But I check the ph and it’s always right at 7 or 6.8. I’ll post more pics tomm that are closer up and hopefully you guys can then be able to figure it out.

7EFCE1D2 D251 4A24 A78C B20570E013FB
22C30B05 7DEA 4AE8 A26E 2C481F692890
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You can bring the pH down to 6.3 - 6.5 and that will help.
Because they are outside in soil, I would add Recharge every two weeks to make sure it has all the food it wants.

wthVa

wthVa

You can bring the pH down to 6.3 - 6.5 and that will help.
Because they are outside in soil, I would add Recharge every two weeks to make sure it has all the food it wants.
I’ve been using these 2 things together every watering, the fish sh!t is supposed to have beneficial microbes to keep the roots healthy and soil conditioner for nutrient uptake. But I’ll take more pics close up tomm.

525293BB 0008 4803 8617 233400FFDF70
3E77E6FF 4E6D 4BEB A591 DF7B5B661CE7
0E8711CC 0A34 4B54 A4AC FB3885955BCC
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
mmm, clay soil is not good as it retains water creating soggy conditions causing root rot.. your issues started after the transplant?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

About 2 weeks after transplant.
Could be. Lets find out.

1. Get a long spike nail and poke around under the root ball. Your looking for soft areas or air pockets.
2. After you have loosened the soil, water it.

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

They are being grown in the ground.
Looks like you're growing them near your veggies; lots of other crops are affected by Septoria spp. including nightshades (tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant) soybeans, and cucurbits (squash, cucumbers, etc) and one should always avoid growing where it was present in the previous season. Mulch can also help in our rainy climate by preventing bacteria or fungal spores from splashing up on the leaves from the ground.

Septoria is just one leaf spot disease that affects Cannabis. It is commonly also known as yellow leaf spot for the color of the spots typically encountered. It is a fungus that can be treated with natural- or bio-fungicides. However there are also bacterial leaf spot diseases that effect Cannabis as well that many fungicides won't treat. Here is a review of organic controls of leaf spot diseases you might find helpful.

Top Bottom