need to make some thc lotion

• Thread starter starzandskarz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

starzandskarz

ok so after searching around on here i was unable to find a strait answer on how to make a thc based lotion, I have tried a sample at a local dispensary when my artheritus was flaring up and within 10 mins i had no pain. my mother has MS and i could see this really helping her pain. can someone on here guide me on the process to making this product? oil or water based lotions? i do have some infused olive oil, and canna butter could i just mix it with store bought lotions? i would really appricate any help on this topic.
thanks

J

Jalisco Kid

If you do the research on dmso and are real careful(it will allow any and all to go thru your skin) it would be the cheapest way. I use cana (sugarcane alcohol)and mix my hash in and soak my bones in that. JK
There are some salves being made at gypomatics in the Dr. jay section. You might check out those recipes. JK

R

Rabbi

West Coast CannbIs mag had a recipe a few months back, I'll see if i can find it. or maybe check the website and look up back issues to find it.

Rabbi

F

frostedlove

My wife takes oil, (we have used grape seed and olive) and infuses it with a lotion. We have a couple of good health stores and r looking for a few different neutral organic mediums to combine it all together. So far we have just used over the counter lotion. We use it for massages and my artheritic issues.

oils are easy to make with shake or trim and low grade bud. I have seen craigslist with large supplies and even a few dispensaries well

hope this helps

Z

zoeronerer

If you do the research on dmso and are real careful(it will allow any and all to go thru your skin) it would be the cheapest way. I use cana (sugarcane alcohol)and mix my hash in and soak my bones in that. JK
There are some salves being made at gypomatics in the Dr. jay section. You might check out those recipes. JK

i also mixed oil in an arnica tincture that was alcohol based ....

monkeybone

monkeybone

Bonez
Supporter
Canna-oil to Topical Lotion / Beezwaz Salve

ok so after searching around on here i was unable to find a strait answer on how to make a thc based lotion,

Liniment Recipe – steep equal parts of trumpet flower, marijuana, rosemary, ruda and camphor in cane alcohol until the alcohol turns a delicate pale color.

cane alcohol = moonshine or the good Everclear.

Just a thought as I have some moderate arthritis joint issues; a lotion might not be the best idea when seeking deep penetration of the tissues. I use a martial arts liniment called dit dot jow and throw in a mix of assorted strains' kief with some buds in the gallon jar of ingredients. But here is a topical recipe that should do your trick. Long time.

Topical Recipe:

Couple old pots
hottie to stir
grape seed oil
Cooking mason jar with lid (heavy duty)
sauce pan
or Croc Pot
Cheesecloth
strainer
chinese hamster wheel
cooking thermometer is very handy
ze mota extraordinaire

This topical uses an infused canna-oil and beezwax mixture. It takes half a day to make and works based on the better the cannabis product you start with the better the topical salve will be. I feel stoned stating the obvious,.. wait I am stoned stating the obvious,.. trippy:icon_dizzy:

Add your decarboxylated marijuana material to the croc pot and cover it with grape seed oil, plus one inch of extra oil above the herb.

Note: This is where your technique in preparing your material will greatly effect the quality of your ending product. Also you might want to take notes on the gram weight of material and what strains you used for potency and effect comparisons with later batches.

Crushed dry bud, fresh bud trim, bubble hash, kief,.. old bud thats high in cbn and cbd's,.. so many choices :)

Put the Croc Pot on low for 6-8 hours.

This is the same process we use to make canna-butter. A slow heat for the oil to absorb the thc.

After 6-8 hours and before the oil cannabis mixture cools you will need to strain it through some cheesecloth that is inside a strainer. Quality is everything, take your time and do a good strain of your oil and a light press of the material to get out any of the oil that is easy to capture.

This is now a base canna-oil and suitable for topical applications and moderated oral consumption.

Canna-oil to Topical Lotion / Salve: We are going to add cheese grated beezewax to heated canna-oil while gently mixing it until we get the consistency we want.

Approximate Ratios:

1 pint of canna-oil to 1.5 ounces of beezwax
or
1 ounce canna-oil to 1/2 teaspoon of beezwax

We need to heat the canna-oil to 150º F without burning it and the best way is a double boiler or a suspended container in a water bath.

Test the preheated canna-oil with a thermometer and make sure it is 150º F exactly and you can maintain that temp.

Note: This is the point where you would add any essential oils or vitamin oils based on your own preferences.

Gently stir in your measured amount of Grated Beezwax. After a few minutes, take a spoonful of the mixture and let it cool for 5 minutes to see if it is the right consistency.

Too soft: Add more Wax
Too Hard: Add more grape seed oil
Just right: Buy Goldilocks dinner and a movie and badda boom

big badda boom

Graywolf

Graywolf

ok so after searching around on here i was unable to find a strait answer on how to make a thc based lotion, I have tried a sample at a local dispensary when my artheritus was flaring up and within 10 mins i had no pain. my mother has MS and i could see this really helping her pain. can someone on here guide me on the process to making this product? oil or water based lotions? i do have some infused olive oil, and canna butter could i just mix it with store bought lotions? i would really appricate any help on this topic.
thanks

Check out my posts for Holy Anointing Oil and Holy Shit.

S

starzandskarz

thanks to everyone who replied, great info! i used olive oil this round and mixed it with lotion, next trimmings i am going to try the salve and maybe i will make a DIY for it. topicals really do a good job of helping my back/shoulder pain for me without clouding my head

S

Syvlio

I can help

I have a recipe for a transdermal THC lotion that I created and am currently trying to market and sell. Because of this I really don't want to post it on a forum but if you send an email to [email protected] I will send the recipe to you. I hope it will help.

Top Bottom