Need to rebuffer dried coco?

• Thread starter 1200Kawboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1200Kawboy

1200Kawboy

Hi, back with a question I searched for, to no avail.
If I washed and buffered coco, and then it sat in a bucket until it was totally dried out, would I need to rebuffer it?
Thanks, 12K

Enforcer

Enforcer

The way I read this is you have properly prepared coco that was placed in a container and has dried out. In that case no, you do not need to re-wash it.

However, If it was soaking in a buffering solution and that was allowed to completely dry out, then yes I would recommend washing it again.

1200Kawboy

1200Kawboy

Yeah, I washed and buffered, and rinsed it, mixed in about 30% perlite, for my first grow. But I made too much. So I filled two 5 gallon buckets half way, and laid paper grocery bags on top as lids and put them in my garage.
I’m a month away from my Stardawg harvest, my first grow in a over a decade, in a dedicated grow room I just built. In about 3 weeks I fire up my 2nd space, a 3’x3’ tent. So all that lovely medium awaits to produce, no more work required....🌱😎
Thanks, Enforcer✌

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
As long as the medium was totally dry when you put it away for storage, you should be fine. I would rehydrate it with extra water coming out the bottom just to eliminate any potential hot spots in the medium, but I can't think of any problems with it. I have read somewhere that you should keep it sealed... I use Promix and they recommend using it in one use, but I can't remember why... something degraded if stored in regular air too long, but that might be due to environmental moisture reacting with the buffering stuff. If sealed up, that shouldn't happen.

Top Bottom