Need Tray For Drainage To Put Under Smart Pots

• Thread starter HazePhase
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HazePhase

Hello,

I'm using 18" diameter - 15gallon smart pots.
I went ahead and bought 20" circular trays below it to catch the water but found out I will need 22 if not 24 or larger especially since 2 of my 6 plants will be going into a 20 gallon smart pot.

Would anyone know an inexpensive tray or anything I could use that would fit.
I am in a 5x5 grow tent that will have 6 plants for Veg and then when flower time I will be moving two of the 6 into a 2x4 for veg and cloning so will only have 4 plants in 15 gallon containers in my 5x5.

I looked online and found oil pan trays that are $100 so $400 --- don't think so.
If anyone can help that would be great.
Oh and i am in Canada so Home Depot had the perfect tray but not in Canada....

Thank you!!

Smart pot
H

HazePhase

Plastic kiddie pool or a shallow storage tote would work. If you could find a kiddie pool as big as your room youd only need one...

Only issue is that all run off from all plants is now one in the same.
Beside that could work - want to keep it looking nice tho.
Lol

H

HazePhase

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Hey Everyone,

I was able to find this and it ships within 4 weeks so that is perfect for when I will be needing them.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000I1R02M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

Now I know this will fit my 15 gallon smart pots but I am worried about my 2 moms which are going into 20 gallon smart pots.
I can't go any bigger than 24" because my Veg tent is 2x4.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0055E85OO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Those trays are for this shape pot,
31ahfVdEe7L SY400

Won't work for you.

H

HazePhase

Thanks so much for pointing that out!!
I just requested to cancel my order on Amazon.
The hunt is now back on.

Dan789

Dan789

Go down to your local hydro store, check the fit of four of your 15 gallon bags in possibly a 4x4' hydro drain pan (shallow)?, that's how I sized the 3x3' tray I used in my 4x4 tent (three plants 7 gallon plastic pots each tray/tent.

H

HazePhase

Go down to your local hydro store, check the fit of four of your 15 gallon bags in possibly a 4x4' hydro drain pan (shallow)?, that's how I sized the 3x3' tray I used in my 4x4 tent (three plants 7 gallon plastic pots each tray/tent.
Thanks was hoping to have separate trays for testing run off and what not but this is probably my best bet.

Thanks

Homesteader

Homesteader

Masonry mixing tubs work well. 36"x 24" x 8"deep

You may want to test your soil using a slurry test however, as I think this will give you a more accurate reading and you can check a few different spots from the bag. (Near the root zone should be more acidic.) pH test strips are pretty cheap. You don't need to test that often but it is good to know your soil pH as a baseline. pH pen is best but a decent one will run you a few $$$.

Sorry to stalk you by the way:)

Last edited:
H

HazePhase

You may want to test your soil using a slurry test however, as I think this will give you a more accurate reading and you can check a few different spots from the bag. (Near the root zone should be more acidic.) pH test strips are pretty cheap. You don't need to test that often but it is good to know your soil pH as a baseline. pH pen is best but a decent one will run you a few $$$.

Stalk away I love the attention and company.
Yeah I have a dr. Meter ph pen which works well.
Still in solo cups at the moment tho.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Hey Everyone,

I was able to find this and it ships within 4 weeks so that is perfect for when I will be needing them.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000I1R02M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

Now I know this will fit my 15 gallon smart pots but I am worried about my 2 moms which are going into 20 gallon smart pots.
I can't go any bigger than 24" because my Veg tent is 2x4.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0055E85OO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Why are you trying to grow trees in a tent? Are you just crazy like me?
20170326 133330

Mine are in 7 gallon pots...

P

PharmHand

Thanks so much for pointing that out!!
I just requested to cancel my order on Amazon.
The hunt is now back on.
Amazon.ca hey? Canadian? I got water heater drip pans like @rmoltis suggested from Rona for 8$ each. They're 22" fit a 20gal no prob and have a bulkhead fitting so u can link em up send the runoff to a drain. Your local dro shop can get saucers made for that size pot too. There's cheap clear ones are like 3$ then there's the heavy plastic ones that are about 10$. If you go to the plastic tank stores that sell big tanks and stuff for agriculture they can get basically whatever size trays you need spill containment trays I believe they're called

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter

Ahhhh....... Another grower that agrees with me that runoff testing is inaccurate and a waste of time!!! Nice. :)

keiksweat

keiksweat

ive got two kiddy sandpit trays.gonna use them for tables,hole in each one,catch rin off underneath.cost £15 for the two. There about 3"x 3" each.

H

HazePhase

I ended up finding the hot water tank saucers with drain hole for $14.99 each 24"
I'm happy :) they arrive Tuesday.
Now I just need to find something for my 6 - 2 gallon pots for run off lol

Top Bottom