Needing help diagnosing possible deficiency/burn

• Thread starter JRose_23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PK1

PK1

Supporter
@Aquaman would of been able to steer you the right way but he aint around now. I think he said somewhere along, RO water, Si, PH the water, Nutrients cal/mag than ph again but im not sure

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

you didn't believe me about the virus convo 🤨
About the what? You're talking to an Adult ADHD, dyslexic with ptsd, and you expect me to have a clue what you mean? 🤷‍♂️ While I'm stoned yet. LOL

Anthem

Anthem

You can do this with great results.
#1. Add the Power Is let it mix with RO water for 20 minutes
#2, Add nutrients
#3. Add any additional products, foe me hydro acid.
#4. Cal mag
#5. PH to 6.0 for Coco and let it run a day or 2 and see
PH falling mix is to low in nuts
PH rising mix is too high in nutes
Staying the same and water level dropping you are in the correct range

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Did he ever give his ppms in and out or was that another thread?

Anthem

Anthem

You can do this with great results.
#1. Add the Power Is let it mix with RO water for 20 minutes
#2, Add nutrients
#3. Add any additional products, foe me hydro acid.
#4. Cal mag
#5. PH to 6.0 for Coco and let it run a day or 2 and see
PH falling mix is to low in nuts
PH rising mix is too high in nutes
Staying the same and water level dropping you are in the correct range
Try to keep PPmon500 scale at about 500 or Ec at 1.0 for now and depending on lights, environment and CO2 you can run it up from there

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Not being a hydro guy, I defer to you. I think looking at it again knowing its coco, I say flush and start your feed back at 1/2 what you were using.
Usually it seems to me that 90% of hydro issues started as a need to flush that was misdiagnosed. Salt buildup does bad things in different ways.
Another reason to check ppms in and out.

Anthem

Anthem

Not being a hydro guy, I defer to you. I think looking at it again knowing its coco, I say flush and start your feed back at 1/2 what you were using.
Usually it seems to me that 90% of hydro issues started as a need to flush that was misdiagnosed. Salt buildup does bad things in different ways.
Another reason to check ppms in and out.
I do not even check PPMs any more. Ph is extremely important. 6.0 to 7.0 is 100 times more alkyl

J

JRose_23

lol, you can see what you posted and what the additional are. Plus, i was just giving an example that everything in the room can reflect the plant.

I think the Ro plus the si has a rule and the nutrients are used in an order. I don't that order so can't help much with that. However, me and @jguit both agreed that doing a flush followed with the A+B nutrients only should set you up straight again.
A fr
I have a good feeling it's cal/mag for the reson being veins are green but yellowing in between and those spots starting out dark have a feeling your gonna start seeing some small spots that resemble rust but calcium l
Some sort of coco blend media he said. It looks like maybe a 50/50 soil coco mix.
It’s a 70:30 coco/peat moss blend

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Flush.. CalMag to .3 EC and add A/B nutrients until you reach 1.3 - ish EC. Evaluate your plants after a few days. Don't add any other additives until you get your plant back up to speed.

Do your flush with CalMag @ around .3 EC. Then do your regular feed (.3 CalMag and then EC up to around 1.3 with your base nutrients)

If you want, you can run your total EC @ around 1 EC if you want to be a little cautious but i think your plants can handle a little more since they dont look too sick. Either way, I think you'll be good.

Stop confusing the guy! haha

Last edited:
FarmerGreene

FarmerGreene

pH in soil is 6.3 - 6.6
pH in hydro is 5.4-5.6

You are feeding hydro in soil. Get your pH up to 6 at least. For you, 5.9 - 6.2
That's likely why your organics failed. Organic is 6.5
Agreed! I run RDWC and run my P.H. at 5.8.

Top Bottom