negril jamaica

• Thread starter tiedye611
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tiedye611

tiedye611

FARM,

I just booked my first trip to Negril. Any advice on what to do or things I should not miss?

-Tie

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Do not rent a car....
Learn to say GO WAY MON...
Have reservations for lodging booked and proof of when arriving at airport.
Beautiful spot, but some what of an irritation for tourists when your constantly harassed to buy sub par ganja and coke or this and that.
Most all the food is imported. Seems they could produce more themselves.
Do check out the small fruit stands, for local fruits, as well as the small out of the way jerk shacks for lunch.
When not being hassled, most all of the folks are real nice, but beware they can take advantage, we got took real good and spent the night in a jungle after they conned us with a road closure, had machete, demanding 200 bucks for overnight and dinner.
Wife got eaten alive by bugs.
Negril is pretty touristy. We went to treasure beach other side. you will be safe in those areas and there's lots of beaches nice and the food should be better than were we were.
Driving.. roads suck. so you either hit folks walking road side or slam into pothole....Wife was ready to divorce me LOL.....LOOKOUT!! scared her to death..

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
think the just built a highway that goes from one side to the other so the long drives arent as bad as they were 5-6 years ago. soon as you land at the airport the taxi cab drivers at the taxi stand should be able to get you halfway decent bud like 40-50 a quarter.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
think the just built a highway that goes from one side to the other so the long drives arent as bad as they were 5-6 years ago. soon as you land at the airport the taxi cab drivers at the taxi stand should be able to get you halfway decent bud like 40-50 a quarter.
Have they finished that road finally? Lol they have been working on it for like 30 years I think. My dad told me it was under construction and I remember my first time there I was shocked it was still getting worked on. Havnt been there since 2006. All I think is that asking for good weed didn't work as well as asking for sensi. Asking for seedless weed got me to the best herb on that island. For the best stuff you need to take that car ride into the mountains. Put that money in your shoe and find a solid person to take you there.
I always stayed on the other side by ocho. The ride was like 2 hours to the middle of the island (or so i think it was the middle) where Bob Marleys village and birth home was. There are massive ganja fields next to it and there is where I found that insane black herb. It was so gooey and just insane. Shit was like smoking opium.
My best advise is score a bag to get you by till you can find that super good herb. Lots of people will try to sell you shit herb but good herb is on that island, just takes you a minute to come across it

tiedye611

tiedye611

Thank you for all the info so far. I have already booked at a resort there for me and the MRS.

Saw very mixed reviews for different tours of regions and Bob Marley "tours" May just chill on the resort and now worry about any of it!

-What was the smoke situation as far as quality??

jammie

jammie

hey there tiedye- been going to negril almost ever winter for the last 20 or so years. i got my online name because i only grew jamaican vacation bagseed before i discovered you could order seeds online pretty safely. anyhow- i usually stay at the riu which is an all inclusive. great food, great drink and the beach has pretty open ganja sales. its all but legal down there. unless you know someone the smoke quality is fair to good commercial grade. 1/4 to 1/2 oz bags can be negotiated down to $30-40. they dry it, cure it and have it on the streets within a day or two so its a little wet and a little green. i always wish i had my own stash. definately stay away from the tours- BIG ripoff. if ya want to see some of the area hire one of the people that work at your resort to drive ya around. definitely cheaper and safer that way. ENJOY!

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
lol i dont know if they have i was there in 2005 for sunsplash or maybe 04? but they were working on it then so i figured it be done by now. yeah u should be good at your hotel tip the bartender good and he will probably be able to get it or get you in touch with someone that does. they call it the KeKe and you may hear hash referred to as "cum" like in the cum from the plant.

neverbreak

neverbreak

never been, so jealous to say the least. have fun bro!

neverbreak

Latest posts

Top Bottom