5210.JPG

5110.JPG

2shivapurisativa.jpg

11shivapuritrees.jpg

13shivapuritrees.jpg

12shivapuritrees.jpg

langtang-handrub.jpg

491.JPG

nepall has changed alot now that the war is over, tourism is back in full force, moderization and road building is changing the landscape, power is being supplied deep into remote areas, and cheap chinese goods are flooding the market. the people are as friendly as ever, but the charm of a forgotton mountain kingdom is rapidily fading. pollution is reaching critical levels. but if you put in the time and get way up into the mountains all this dissapears. it was a little late for a collections trip, as most plants are harvested around diwali/tihar in late october in nepal. it was a good time for mature seeds as the plants that were left were nice and seeded, ive tried to collect earlier in the season but the seeds were immature and collections from villagers of the seeds from the prior season were usually non viable. many of the trekking areas have been cleaned up for tourism, plants and handrub was much harder to come by this time, my last trip was 2 years ago during the war and was alot different. it seems that commercial sifting from plots outside the kathmandu valley has replaced mountain handrub, and pressed handrub blocks as the common street hashish. most of the best collections came from off the beaten path, in secluded valleys, although there were some stunning plants along some trekking routes. all collections were done with maximum respect for the communities and villagers, no money changed hands, cannabis seeds were traded for heirloom vegetable seeds (10,000 were distributed) and school pens, i know bringing non native veggie seeds into a new ecosystem is a no no but the himalayas are being flooded with cheap chinese hybrid vegetable seed. some collections were not done out of respect or if it was a strange situation. the collections were done in a months time from 4 seperate regions, much more time and energy could be spent in the far east and far north aswell as the everest regions. the amount of hiking really kicked my ass, especially over passes and up mountains, i felt like the indiana jones of seed hunting. this is by no means a deffinative report on nepali cannabis, as much more can be done and much more data collected, these are my own views and collected info, i have a degree in religious anthropology not botany so bear with me. my current map does not show all the names and elevations so this post will be edited as info becomes availible, and more will be added, please feel fee to ask questions. all in all, it was a huge success, and represents one of the most indepth collections to date. i encourage everybody that loves this plant to go on simmillar seed safaris accross the planet to save the landraces and better the future of cannabis preservation and to reinvigorate the genepool.

it seems there was 4 main types of cannabis that i encountered. the classic highland sativa christmass tree, a large tall himalayan hashplant, a hardy highland indica (did not see any, but did do a two day hike straight up a mountain to a place they were spotted), and a lowland jungle sativa. there were a few anomalies, that were maybe hybrids, heirlooms, or extreme phenotypes, and a vast spectrum of color, smell, structure, and effect.

here they are:

village: mulkharka
elevation: 1900m
classification: medium christmas tree shape dense floral clusters mountain sativa
aroma: spicy citrus menthol fading into jasmine/neroli
notes: my nepali friends favorite from the dry samples, smooth, tasty, hits hard and surrounds the head like an inflatetable joy helmet.

1mulkarkarshivapuri.jpg

3mulkarkar2.jpg

village: mulkharka
classification: big bushy foxtail hashplant
aroma: floral, soapy, green
notes: seeds came pre cured by the women of the land, seeds were also collected right off plant by me aswell to insure viability.

7mullkarkar2hp.jpg

5mulkarkar2hp.jpg

6mulkarkar2hp.jpg

8mulkarkar2.jpg

9mulkarkar2.jpg

village: pati bhanjyang
elevation: 1770m
classification: tall tight christmas tree shape mountain sativa
aroma: green, floral, borneol, camphor, spicy.
notes: these came from my favorite shiva baba who lives two days walk into the mountains, we call him happy baba, he loves to garden and says his plants are superior to hashish. spicy mind inspiration, clear, motivational high.

15babbas.jpg

14babbas.jpg

16babbas.jpg

village: upper gyalthun
elevation: 2100m
classification: medium tall christmass tree sativa
aroma: overwhelmingly grapefruit
notes: beautiful golden bud and nice trich formation

19gyaltgrapefruit.jpg

village: ghandruk
elevation: 1940m
classification: giant bushy foxtail hashplant
aroma: sweet lavender, geranium, aftershave.
notes: found this one on the day of the chopdown, not many seeds, biggest hasplant ive ever seen.

22ghandrukgiant.jpg

20ghandrukgiant.jpg

21ghandrukgiant1.jpg

23ghandrukgiant.jpg

25ghandrukgiant.jpg

village: lower chhomrong
elevation: 2170m
classification: bushy sprawly hashplant that even grew along the ground
aroma: green, fuely, oily.
notes: lost to the fine folks at the US customs.

no photo

village: lower chhomrong
elevation: 2100m
classification: stretchy sativa with small tight sparse buds
aroma: honeysuckle
notes: sublime aroma

no photo

village: middle chhomrong
elevation: 2170m
classification: long full red armed christmass tree sativa.
aroma: spicy, soapy
notes: unique branching

371.JPG

village: mileche
elevation: 2000m
classification: big bushy tall classic himalayan hashplant
aroma: watermelon, tea rose.
notes: totally classic himalayan watermelon hashplant

30.jpg

291.jpg

3311.jpg

381.JPG

village: mileche
elevation: 2000m
classification: classic highland mountain sativa
aroma: himalayan mountain flowers
notes: classic, big, tight, full, christmass tree, nepali highland mountain sativa.

271.jpg

282.jpg

village: chuile
elevation: 2500m
classification: tall mountain sativa
aroma: floral green
notes: pheno 1 tight sparse floral clusters

354.jpg

aroma: floral green
notes: pheno 2 tighter sparse floral clusters, the green one in the photo.

361.JPG

classification: very tall purple mountain sativa
aroma: grape bubblgum
notes: big, purple, crystally, and super grape bubblegum smell

3411.jpg

3210.jpg

3312.JPG

village: upper chuile
aroma: pure spicy
notes: most of the plant was gone but managed to collect some seeds, this was my nepali friends fav plant structure wise from earlier in the season but it was chopped before we got back to it.

31toolatespicygiant.jpg

village: banthanti
elevation: 2500m?
classification: possible highland indica
aroma: n/a
notes: very large seeds simmilar to deep chunk seeds, these plants had been done long before we arrived, village woman had kept them safe.

no photo

village: banthanti
elevation: 2500m?
classification: tall wispy mountain sativa
aroma: my guide says orange (i had the flu during this time so i could not smell)
notes: very wispy, nice crystals, low yeild.

26wispysats.jpg

village: chitre
elevation: 2200m?
classification: tall purple christmass tree mountain sativa
aroma: purple, grape, nag champa, burgandy, rich urkle like aroma.
notes: very simmilar to the chuile purple, except smaller seeds and stature, and a deeper more sublime aroma.

4110.JPG

40.JPG

4210.JPG

classification: medium tall fat leafy colas, classic breeders highland sativa
aroma: spicy, hazy, kitchen herbs, menthol, floral
notes: smells just like a bangi haze pheno i have, and looks like some phenos of satori.

392.JPG

village: upper ulleri
elevation: 2100
classification: small hashplant christmas tree sat hybrid
aroma: skunky, catpiss
notes: small with large pistils

4310.JPG

village: sauraha
elevation: 150m
classification: full on lowland terrai jungle sativa
aroma: temple ball, soapy, green, spice
notes: this plant is extremely stable and almost indestructible, i have had 5 females in 12oz cups in my mom room for over a year, they dont seem to care if theres no water, light, root space, pm, etc... they are prone to spider mites though, but they dont impact the plant that much. i have also bushmastered (pgr) them into bonsai sativas. should be a unique breeding tool.

471.JPG

461.JPG

4510.JPG

and look what i found in the elephant poop!!!

485.JPG

fresh cubensis
(made a sore print)

my nepali friends collections:

village: birathani
elevation:
classification: mountain sativa
aroma:
notes: bagseed

classification: mountain sativa
aroma:

village: sikha
elevation:
classification: selected highland nepali
aroma:
notes: bagseed from the capt of cannabis in the annapurnas. he usually has the finest array of flower products.

village: rimche
elevation:
classification: tall wispy wild to semi wild
aroma: green to spice
notes: ive collected in langtang before, cannabis grows wild all over the valley, offering a truly unique handrub product, very clear, up, dreamy but focused. all my collections in langtang have been sterile so far, im crossing my fingers on these.

village: thangot
classification: semi commercial kathmandu cultivar
aroma:

25 totall collections......

disclaimer: i busted this out as fast as i could so misspellings, typos, etc... will be still present, i will edit the post as time goes on and add scanned maps, more photos etc....

himalayan_quality-control.jpg

E

el gordo

i've already said it at icmag, very informative post, all my respect for your great work! thanks for postin this...

T

thc4sim

Fantastic report on Nepal!!. Good to have you on the farm!!

That is whats needed!,
hope you find some amazing plants to work with!!

T

ttsco.bhs

Breeder
Supporter
Hi !

Told you also in other forum but....NICE!Inspiring indeed.Great work you´ve done while been there man.Hope you can work them as much as possible,having so much differences between plants there will be funny for sure.

Hope I can have the money and time to make that kind of trips....would like to start there,Nepal...so pretty,India,Morocco,Africa,Southamerica...hehehe,dreaming so far :rofl

Peace!

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Awesom pics and read. Thank you so much

K

Karma Genetics

Super bodhi. Been a month in Nepal 2 years ago was a real special experiance. Marocco is great two. Going back there next year for some special project.

Great how you got all pic's with info smoke and seeds. The perfect begining for a lot of work.

O

Outlaw Grower

Breeder
Supporter
damn talk about gems

classification: very tall purple mountain sativa
aroma: grape bubblgum
notes: big, purple, crystally, and super grape bubblegum smell

3411.jpg

3210.jpg

3312.JPG

classification: tall purple christmass tree mountain sativa
aroma: purple, grape, nag champa, burgandy, rich urkle like aroma.
notes: very simmilar to the chuile purple, except smaller seeds and stature, and a deeper more sublime aroma.

4110.JPG

40.JPG

4210.JPG

P

ProGroWannabe

Bohdi....wonderful read! Thank you for taking the time to share it with all of us.

Quick question: Are there any plans at this point to release any of those landraces in pure form, or are thay all gonna be used for crosses only?

K

kid606

thanks for this beautiful virtual journey. great pics and much inspiration :inlove

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Amazing thread, thanks for being a gent and sharing.. wheres your next safari for landrace cannabis??

Q

Quicksilver

Thank you so much bodhi, for taking time to document your collections and share the info with the online community.

Loving those purple mountain sativas for sure. Really hoping you are able to release some of these treasures in as pure a form as possible if your situation permits. Preservation through dissemination.

S

smilez

awesome thread bodhi. I really wish to save money and one day seed safari around the world. All the pictures and details you provided are very inspiring.

smilez

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

Beautiful photos...there's nothing like seeing the Cannabis plant out in it's natural environment and in it's full glory. I've always wanted to travel to Nepal..and your trip just intensified my urge to go even more. Thanks for the great visuals Bodhi!

G

grizz

definatly brings out the wonder lust in me, I will never get to do what you have done, thanks for making me feel like I was there, great photo's of the landscape as well as the almighty plant we all love..

Latest posts

Top Bottom