Netflix Documentary Murder Mountain

• Thread starter Seraphine
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seraphine

Seraphine

I just started watching this documentary. Apparently Humboldt County is no hippie love fest. Pretty brutal place really. If you want to save money on trimmers you just bury them in the woods. Check it out.

Who has seen this? It’s about Alderpoint aka murder mountain in Humboldt County. Maybe I am just naive but I was speechless after watching this. Scary shit right under our noses.

Last edited by a moderator:
3 balls

3 balls

I just started watching this documentary. Apparently Humboldt County is no hippie love fest. Pretty brutal place really. If you want to save money on trimmers you just bury them in the woods. Check it out.

Who has seen this? It’s about Alderpoint aka murder mountain in Humboldt County. Maybe I am just naive but I was speechless after watching this. Scary shit right under our noses.
This is a weird one. LOL

"I just started watching this documentary. Apparently Humboldt County is no hippie love fest. Pretty brutal place really. If you want to save money on trimmers you just bury them in the woods. Check it out." Is what I posted a few days ago, now it's gone from my thread and here instead.:):):)

Seraphine

Seraphine

Someone must have combined the posts so there aren’t multiple posts about the same thing.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I’m on the second episode of this documentary. I really like the history of Humboldt County. It’s sad it has taken this turn..

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
This is a weird one. LOL

"I just started watching this documentary. Apparently Humboldt County is no hippie love fest. Pretty brutal place really. If you want to save money on trimmers you just bury them in the woods. Check it out." Is what I posted a few days ago, now it's gone from my thread and here instead.:):):)
Sorry, I merged the 2 and f***** up. Won’t happen again.

Seraphine

Seraphine

And how the OGs flew to Pakistan to get landrace indica seeds

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I watched it.was pretty interesting.
I also just watched this thing called "dealt" .it's a kinda documentary about this blind card magician.it too was kinda interesting.

Mudskipper

Mudskipper

It's a pretty damn good depiction of humboldt/mendocino counties and the growing community there. Lowlife mentality w/ little respect for the land and streams. It was great to see it captured on film like it really is. Guns, violence, along w/ redneck values and meth -is rampant throughout.
Sorry to say it, but it is true.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks for the recommendation everyone. I will check it out.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Ugh! The trim girl on episode 1 reminds me of these girls my friend brought over to trim last summer.:badboy: I can stand about 5 minutes with them then I have to go to the other room so I dont say something they are going to cry about. It’s like they are on cloud nine being a trimmer!:cool: Good for them.
I bet that white guy that went to jail was getting his butt kicked daily, and once he gets out I think he’s going to catch a few more. What kind of criminal tells a camera they are going to get revenge? And who goes from politics to bandit humbolt grower..

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
It's a pretty damn good depiction of humboldt/mendocino counties and the growing community there. Lowlife mentality w/ little respect for the land and streams. It was great to see it captured on film like it really is. Guns, violence, along w/ redneck values and meth -is rampant throughout.
Sorry to say it, but it is true.
It’s going to get a lot worst with regulation. As the pot growers move out the meth makers are going to move in. This is happening in the smaller towns in my state as well. It’s a shame.

S

Sctanley007

I just started watching it and am floored. Makes me think twice now before buying anything produced in that area.

And wtf is with the sheriff dept? Not a single fuck given. Either they’re well compensated for their blindness (most likely) or they’re scared shitless to go up there.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I just started watching it and am floored. Makes me think twice now before buying anything produced in that area.

And wtf is with the sheriff dept? Not a single fuck given. Either they’re well compensated for their blindness (most likely) or they’re scared shitless to go up there.

First of all the sheriff's dept. and other politicians in that area have been getting paid off for decades. Second off this documentary is half BS in the fact that 99% of those "Missing people" aren't actually missing they're just trimming in the woods. I've been there and worked out there, it's not as bad as this doc. makes it seem. The thing is most of the growers up there don't let their trimmers leave. You can't call anyone to tell them where you are, you can't leave. The growers send people to town to get food and supplies and when the job is done you get paid and go home or wherever you want. A lot of the kids that go trim make so much money they don't want to go home, they go on vacation or off the grid totally. Yeah there's been a few "incidents" but you can't let a few bad apples spoil the bunch. Someone said the girl from France that came to trim was weird. Not really. Humboldt is world famous for it's underground marijuana cultivation culture. People flock to that region EVERY FALL for trimming season it's ridiculous. I saw people on the side of the 101 with signs or giant trimming scissors saying "Looking for trim work" and that's literally how people get their trim jobs. Growers used to meet up at a bar in Arcata, CA to find most of their trimmers and make deal arrangements, until last year when they shut it down.

I'm not going to say anymore I don't want a target on my head but that Documentary IS interesting, however you need to filter out the BS.

Kutabolon

Kutabolon

I watched the whole series two times over, it's nicely made, the story about this kid who got shot dead is unfolding at right pace throughout and it's well interlaced with stories of real guys from Alderpoint. John Reilly the Vietnam vet and Jason Dookie from Dookie Bros being my favourites. Jason is cool af, real characte,r I would proudly work for him. The ZkittleZ guy himself.

There was this other series, Weed Country. Wasn't so good.

Top Bottom