Neuro's New Neurotic Nectar Nattering

• Thread starter Neuro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
So, the last time I kept an online record of my grow I found it helpful to refer back to so I thought I'd give it a whirl again this time around. I notice that I'm a lot more complacent when I'm not posting a grow diary. I rely on reading the plants more and slurrying only when I have to which works all right for me but still isn't as dialed in as when I'm keeping an eye on the numbers. Hopefully this will nudge my ass into gear. I've currently got two outdoor plants going. They've been my one shot experiment and have been getting nothing but two cups every three weeks and just pH'd water with SLF.
Neuros new neurotic nectar nattering

Neuros new neurotic nectar nattering 2

They've got a few issues. The second one really hates the lack of humidity. She hated it in the tent too. She'd like to be in an equatorial jungle somewhere. Outdoor weather here really hasn't helped. I monster cropped both of those back in April but wasn't able to get them outside until the last week of June. Our last hard frost in the 20's was the third week of June. I'm firmly convinced that the region I live in is not suitable for outdoor growing without a greenhouse. The aim here is just to try a One Shot only grow and maybe have some bud for hash at the end of the season. It definitely won't be flower for smoking. Wildfire season is upon us once more. Yesterday the high was 95 with a low of 54 and wind gusts up to 25mph. Typical for this time of year where I am but not ideal for plants.
Neuros new neurotic nectar nattering 3

These are my four tent plants. I've been out of town on and off this summer and had them in one gallons with one shot, trying to keep them smallish and manageable for a house sitter. They are Trustfall tester seeds, all Apples & Bananas X Triangle Grape Cake. I had some of his clones going that unfortunately fell prey to a horrific house sitter incident earlier this summer. Going by common practice I popped 5 regular seeds, hoping for 2-3 females. All 5 are girls! So one is going to join the single fem seed I popped in a separate project. Just out of interest, because I've seen it discussed recently,here's a picture where you can compare growth between the fem seed from Exotic Genetix and the regs from Trustfall. Not a same strain comparison however they both have Apples & Bananas for a mother so a pretty fair comparison. All born on July 4th but you can see that the regs are clearly growing much more vigorously.

Neuros new neurotic nectar nattering 4

So anyway, transplanted four of them into 5 gallon fabric pots today and they're in a 5x5 gorilla tent under a Spider Farmer SE5000 right now. Nectar #4 soil with added one-shot, bokashi and some EWC. I'm feeding them a modified Greek regimen. I don't add Kraken until I'm not going to want to manipulate the branches anymore and I use double the Demeter's. Temps stay between 68 and 80 with 41% RH. Unfortunately there's not too much I can do to bump that with a humidifier due to my necessary tent location. That's all I got for today. Thanks for checking it out and please let me know if you think I'm falling short along the way! Happy National IPA day and National White Wine day to you drinkers! Happy National Chocolate Chip Cookie day to the teetotalers and Happy Birthday, US Coast Gaurd!

Neuro

Neuro

Trustfall seeds coming along fantastic! F21 and starting to put down some frost. Looking like three different phenos so far. There’s been nothing not to like so far with these tester seeds. The grow appears to be right on schedule. I’m pretty sure I went way too light on the defoliation. I’ll get it right one day. Furthest I’ve gone using this line without taking a slurry to peek under the hood. It’s also the first time the plants haven’t told me there might be a need. Previously it’s usually the downward pH drift with Nectar causing the problem. I top dressed some Chimaera this time at flip and it looks like it may have solved that problem. Planning on adding some more in the next few days. Happy National Chocolate Milkshake Day to all y’all in the US!
91E3A441 13C0 486A 90A1 60181F59A1F5
E108DC4C 3DE8 4EB6 BDC6 D595BDAB2428
1A23B6C7 D2C9 485F A9A8 3F5868906AD3

sambapati

sambapati

Trustfall seeds coming along fantastic! F21 and starting to put down some frost. Looking like three different phenos so far. There’s been nothing not to like so far with these tester seeds. The grow appears to be right on schedule. I’m pretty sure I went way too light on the defoliation. I’ll get it right one day. Furthest I’ve gone using this line without taking a slurry to peek under the hood. It’s also the first time the plants haven’t told me there might be a need. Previously it’s usually the downward pH drift with Nectar causing the problem. I top dressed some Chimaera this time at flip and it looks like it may have solved that problem. Planning on adding some more in the next few days. Happy National Chocolate Milkshake Day to all y’all in the US!
View attachment 1281120View attachment 1281121View attachment 1281122
My milkshake is better than yours LOL

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Looking good, i am a nectar guy myself. My outdoor plants started with one shot but the transitioned to root organic bloom dry amendment. They will get a few bottle feeds, got one today. They will also get the herc Aphrodities ripening. It makes a big difference in the last 2-3 weeks.
Here is a video from yesterday.
I am using blumates watering system in my outdoor and indoor. They are great at keeping the soil moist with out having to water multiple times a day.

Neuro

Neuro

Looking good, i am a nectar guy myself. My outdoor plants started with one shot but the transitioned to root organic bloom dry amendment. They will get a few bottle feeds, got one today. They will also get the herc Aphrodities ripening. It makes a big difference in the last 2-3 weeks.
Here is a video from yesterday.
I am using blumates watering system in my outdoor and indoor. They are great at keeping the soil moist with out having to water multiple times a day.
Don't think I'd ever be able to leave town without losing my mind if it wasn't for the Blumats! Yeah, I'm going to have to admit that my outdoor experiment plants did just fine this year. I also am doing some Aphro and Herc ripening and I added in some Triton's w/ Herc a few times in late flower because they weren't bulking up to my liking. Other than that, the one-shot seemed to do a great job!

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Don't think I'd ever be able to leave town without losing my mind if it wasn't for the Blumats! Yeah, I'm going to have to admit that my outdoor experiment plants did just fine this year. I also am doing some Aphro and Herc ripening and I added in some Triton's w/ Herc a few times in late flower because they weren't bulking up to my liking. Other than that, the one-shot seemed to do a great job!
One shot is what got me into nectar. Used Just that for most of the summer. Guy at my grow store told w
Me to add the herc for the last 3weeks. I didnt even ph. The plants were great. I was hooked on nectar after that

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
View attachment 1281120View attachment 1281121View attachment 1281122
Hey neuro, did you ever grow out apples and bananas? Wondering what your thoughts are compared to the tgc c apples and bananas? Do you think they are worth making more?

Neuro

Neuro

Hey neuro, did you ever grow out apples and bananas? Wondering what your thoughts are compared to the tgc c apples and bananas? Do you think they are worth making more?
So unfortunately I lost those clones to a nightmare house sitter incident so I can't compare well. I will tell say that after trying quite a bit of the A&B from different growers over the past few months that it seems Tom make a huge difference based on who's growing it. I really don't like the way Cookies grower (Mad Cow) does it in CA. Yours blows it away as does a lot of other growers. As for whether or not it's worth making more? I'm going to have to smoke it but based on the way it's grown and the way it smells if it smokes even close to expected.... I'm hoping I've got a good male in the 5 seeds I have left because I'd definitely make myself a few F2s. So, yeah 😃, based on what I know now I would purchase again.

I made some definite mistakes. The taller phenos need support and I really should have thrown up a second net. Laziness on my part. Worse problems to have though.
C3E9AABA 7218 4441 B2D1 529C29C5CAA0

I saw someone ask about the leaf to calyx ratio on the Triangle Grape Cake. That's their issue but with this cross I've found that ratio to be pleasantly low and am envisioning an easy trim. Possibly one pheno with a ton of sugar leaves (pic below. It's a few weeks behind) but it might be due more to my dubious growing skills and experimentation with that particular plant.
AD09AEF7 5EF4 4DBC 829A F76CA8F516C1
A729E465 54B2 4141 ADAA 4193B792C615

Anyway, I hope that helps a little bit in your decision to make more or not. I'm definitely looking forward to running more of these TGC seeds although I've been eyeing the new Okie fems too!
D3634E87 45AB 49F7 93A5 AB9F81DE750D

Coming down soon!

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
So unfortunately I lost those clones to a nightmare house sitter incident so I can't compare well. I will tell say that after trying quite a bit of the A&B from different growers over the past few months that it seems Tom make a huge difference based on who's growing it. I really don't like the way Cookies grower (Mad Cow) does it in CA. Yours blows it away as does a lot of other growers. As for whether or not it's worth making more? I'm going to have to smoke it but based on the way it's grown and the way it smells if it smokes even close to expected.... I'm hoping I've got a good male in the 5 seeds I have left because I'd definitely make myself a few F2s. So, yeah 😃, based on what I know now I would purchase again.

I made some definite mistakes. The taller phenos need support and I really should have thrown up a second net. Laziness on my part. Worse problems to have though.View attachment 1292332
I saw someone ask about the leaf to calyx ratio on the Triangle Grape Cake. That's their issue but with this cross I've found that ratio to be pleasantly low and am envisioning an easy trim. Possibly one pheno with a ton of sugar leaves (pic below. It's a few weeks behind) but it might be due more to my dubious growing skills and experimentation with that particular plant.View attachment 1292334View attachment 1292335
Anyway, I hope that helps a little bit in your decision to make more or not. I'm definitely looking forward to running more of these TGC seeds although I've been eyeing the new Okie fems too!View attachment 1292336
Coming down soon!
Thank you for your insite and I think I’m gonna go head and do more of these as with some more crosses of the tgc. Pretty sure I still have some of those and I’m ordering some stickers now so I’ll send you a pack for free since you grew them out and have shown them. 🙏🏻

Neuro

Neuro

You rock, man! Can't reiterate enough how happy I've been with your gear! Very kind of you and I would urge others not to sleep on these! Smoke report will be provided post-cure!

sambapati

sambapati

I made some definite mistakes. The taller phenos need support and I really should have thrown up a second net. Laziness on my part. Worse problems to have though.View attachment 1292332
I saw someone ask about the leaf to calyx ratio on the Triangle Grape Cake. That's their issue but with this cross I've found that ratio to be pleasantly low and am envisioning an easy trim. Possibly one pheno with a ton of sugar leaves (pic below. It's a few weeks behind) but it might be due more to my dubious growing skills and experimentation with that particular plant.View attachment 1292334View attachment 1292335
Anyway, I hope that helps a little bit in your decision to make more or not. I'm definitely looking forward to running more of these TGC seeds although I've been eyeing the new Okie fems too!View attachment 1292336
Coming down soon!
Get Tony the Tiger Frosted Flakes man

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Trustfall is the man, he sent me a bunch of seeds but his tk x gcc is the star of my tent right now. So frosty, it looks like it was snowed on

Neuro

Neuro

Trustfall is the man, he sent me a bunch of seeds but his tk x gcc is the star of my tent right now. So frosty, it looks like it was snowed on
Yeah, after seeing what you've got going on I've regretted not picking up on that #8. If definitely looks like you won't be disappointed!

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Here is the tk x gcc, pic is from about 10days ago.
Yeah, after seeing what you've got going on I've regretted not picking up on that #8. If definitely looks like you won't be disappointed!
I appreciate you coming through on your word dreamnfox and showing this gal! She really came through for you. Expect a strong high especially with how long you are taking her 😅 looks a bit chunkier then the #8 I found. And you didn’t even have to pheno hunt!
The triangle adds so much frost I just love it!

Neuro

Neuro

F62 today. These are going to go a little longer for the most part.
3BF57248 2206 4A65 9304 6AEF92F41E47

#1 is definitely the yield queen. She just wants to produce. Big, chunky, apical-dominant buds with large swollen bracts. Secondary lower branching is strong. Impressive to me as she sits in the most inconvenient of places in this tent and I’ve had plants in this spot not do so well.
CEBB4BE5 517E 41DA 9628 7A3E144608AB

#2 will be the first one coming down. Amber beginning to show a few days ago. She’s had the Nectar “ripening” and two plain waterings since on an “every other day” schedule. One more watering tomorrow and then a drought for 3-4 days before a last water before chop. She’s got a really interesting Windex/ammonia to her. Short, squat and sturdy with more flattened golfball buds.
F9AA538B CE23 4770 9412 CE4E3C706114

#4 is potentially the lowest yielding pheno of the bunch. Her branches aren’t as sturdy and the flower spacing isn’t as tight or prolific as the others. Her stem rub revealed some fuel notes on top of the heavy grape.
7FE51FD0 1C4E 4074 BB31 249FF34C943E

# 5 is the looker. We’ll see. I harvested a bud that accidentally broke off her week+ ago. It’s curing in a tiny jar and smells a lot like grape baby powder.

5AB1662E B275 4C8A 9C9A DFFAE975C2CE

I’m excited to end what’s been a really pleasant and easy grow and find out what I’ve got here. These plants were fun. They ate well but didn’t like being pushed too far with N in early flower to max the fruit. Heard, understood and I backed off. Only potential problem I can see. More to follow. Hope everyone had a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

sambapati

sambapati

F62 today. These are going to go a little longer for the most part.View attachment 1295736
#1 is definitely the yield queen. She just wants to produce. Big, chunky, apical-dominant buds with large swollen bracts. Secondary lower branching is strong. Impressive to me as she sits in the most inconvenient of places in this tent and I’ve had plants in this spot not do so well.View attachment 1295746
#2 will be the first one coming down. Amber beginning to show a few days ago. She’s had the Nectar “ripening” and two plain waterings since on an “every other day” schedule. One more watering tomorrow and then a drought for 3-4 days before a last water before chop. She’s got a really interesting Windex/ammonia to her. Short, squat and sturdy with more flattened golfball buds.View attachment 1295754
#4 is potentially the lowest yielding pheno of the bunch. Her branches aren’t as sturdy and the flower spacing isn’t as tight or prolific as the others. Her stem rub revealed some fuel notes on top of the heavy grape.
View attachment 1295757
# 5 is the looker. We’ll see. I harvested a bud that accidentally broke off her week+ ago. It’s curing in a tiny jar and smells a lot like grape baby powder.

View attachment 1295771
I’m excited to end what’s been a really pleasant and easy grow and find out what I’ve got here. These plants were fun. They ate well but didn’t like being pushed too far with N in early flower to max the fruit. Heard, understood and I backed off. Only potential problem I can see. More to follow. Hope everyone had a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!
As long as you've got dope theres still hope. Looks like rich harvest here -- time to roll and I dont mean roll away the doobie. Super job on the grow neuro!!👽👽👽💯💣♨️

Neuro

Neuro

Smoke report back on some of these. The #2 is all fruit salad terps. Really, probably the best you could hope for. Not sweet and cloying but like an actual apple, banana and grape fruit salad. #5 is sweeter. Not syrupy and no apples & bananas notes, but more of a grape PEZ followed by some nice fuel. The head on #2 is body heavy. #5 has everything I like. A nice high first and then stoned. Excited to work my way into the others! Happy New Year to everyone!

Latest posts

Top Bottom