Never had these seedling issues and I'm stumped on how to fix them. Please HELP!!

• Thread starter cbelcher42
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cbelcher42

cbelcher42

Hey guys! Thanks for taking the time to read over the issues I am having. This is my second round of growing ever and 2 of the three seedlings (autoflowers) are having some issues almost immediately. What stumps me is the third seedling is doing fine and thriving in the exact same conditions, soil, watering and all. My first grow I was 6/6 on the seedling stage with no issues that these girls are showing, and am weeks away from harvesting. Could there be something done to save these new seedlings? I don't expect them to be the biggest yielders at this point, however something is better than nothing! Or are they too far gone? They are blue dream autos from pacific seed bank if that information helps any. Again, thanks for stopping by and dropping any advice you could for me! (apologies for some of the blurry pictures)

Never had these seedling issues and im stumped on how to fix them please help
Never had these seedling issues and im stumped on how to fix them please help 2
Never had these seedling issues and im stumped on how to fix them please help 3
Never had these seedling issues and im stumped on how to fix them please help 4
Never had these seedling issues and im stumped on how to fix them please help 5
Never had these seedling issues and im stumped on how to fix them please help 6
HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Turn back or raise your light(s) on these young girls. They don't need all that light. Also, not sure how you water them, but from the looks of them less would be best. Good luck with your grow.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
what soil are they in?

they look burned. light is always suspect, but i think it looks like your soil is hot.

you say they are autos? you started them in cups? autos are a pit tricky if transplanted. several things happen... well, it gets tricky and stunting is highly probable.

autos are not forgiving in that area

oh! and most likely overwatered too

quirk

quirk

This worked for me. Prepare a nice light, fluffy medium (at least 1/3rd perlite) pre-MOISTEN medium and place in a well draining container. Fashion a Jiffy Pot size hole in the middle. Using scissors, make a straight cut top to bottom of your Jiffy's. Tear away bottom, place in hole and slip off Jiffy and bury exposed stem to within 3/4" of foliage. Elevate your containers, provide air circulation to keep young plants wiggling 24/7 and don't water too OFTEN. I had this problem when I used Jiffy's to geminate. Now I use the pellets and transfer to final pot day after sprout.
Organic soil auto grower.

DSCN2676 2
Day after sprout
cbelcher42

cbelcher42

This worked for me. Prepare a nice light, fluffy medium (at least 1/3rd perlite) pre-MOISTEN medium and place in a well draining container. Fashion a Jiffy Pot size hole in the middle. Using scissors, make a straight cut top to bottom of your Jiffy's. Tear away bottom, place in hole and slip off Jiffy and bury exposed stem to within 3/4" of foliage. Elevate your containers, provide air circulation to keep young plants wiggling 24/7 and don't water too OFTEN. I had this problem when I used Jiffy's to geminate. Now I use the pellets and transfer to final pot day after sprout.
Organic soil auto grower.
Interesting! I will have to try that out! Is there a certain humidity you like to stick around once they're potted in the main pots?

cbelcher42

cbelcher42

what soil are they in?

they look burned. light is always suspect, but i think it looks like your soil is hot.

you say they are autos? you started them in cups? autos are a pit tricky if transplanted. several things happen... well, it gets tricky and stunting is highly probable.

autos are not forgiving in that area

oh! and most likely overwatered too
They are in FFOF and i did not add anything to the mix to start. Yes they are autos, I just learned that they should start off in their regular 3/5 gallon pots and not cups. I transplanted from cups on my first round and they turned out okay so I repeated, with much less luck it seems. I definitely think I overwatered them too based on all the replies as well as a little research ive done. I just wonder how the one wasn't as affected but i won't complain haha.

cbelcher42

cbelcher42

Turn back or raise your light(s) on these young girls. They don't need all that light. Also, not sure how you water them, but from the looks of them less would be best. Good luck with your grow.
Appreciate the reply! I scale back the lights quite a bit. I have been on the heavier side with watering based on what ive been reading, so will be adjusting that as well.

Top Bottom