New 18 flower room nearing the finish line!

• Thread starter cottageman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cottageman

cottageman

We could have lollipoped more for sure but we took off most big leafs, especially since we were battling spider mites so taking off those leafs help that as well
Looks like your defoliation was a major event in creating this grow, how much did you take off?

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Realized I haven’t updated this in a while lol but we pulled down a while ago. It’s looking very good and it seems like we’re going to hit over 2# a light which is more than fine for how rough this operation turned out. Only having 2 people for 30 flowering lights is a tad hard at times. For ipm we switch between plant therapy and purecrop1. I foliar spray microbes and silicic acid in veg as well and have recently gotten into beneficial bugs to permanently keep pests out
Yea, I've turned to predators myself, seem to be the best answer to open grows like these. What bugs are you using, and which are you finding the most useful? I'm having good results, but would like to maintain my own bugs over time, and learn how to keep them reproducing with possibly some plant pollen, after they clear the bugs out.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I would recommend also maybe using a shop vac (you probably already know this) with the biggest sized hose you can find. Good for eliminating flare ups in trouble spots without causing any harm. Just keep it on low power and voop, all gone, knocking down those spots that might appear on the budding tops, if your having troubles with that.

Personally, i don't have too much objection to bugs, I think they might even enhance oil development to some extent.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
We could have lollipoped more for sure but we took off most big leafs, especially since we were battling spider mites so taking off those leafs help that as well
Did you guys treat the clones with anything when you brought them into your grow space? Or did they tag along with someone? Have you harvested yet?

cottageman

cottageman

Haven’t updated this in a while but here’s the room in the middle of week 3 on the 3rd run! Thankfully I have gotten the mites out of this room and this crop looks to be clean. I bombed everything, including plants when they were in veg twice, then root drenched with Spinosad, and sprayed neem oil twice during veg along with purecrop1 and whatever it is has worked. The only place I see mites now is ironically my other veg room but I have not seen webbing in a few months so I think they’re almost gone thank god. This run has a few runt plants but other than that this room is looking great. No nute or clogging problems this time, lights are at 90% and the plants are in red rock but I will be switching back to grodan next cycle. This will probably be the last mono crop of wedding cake as well as I have about 4-5 new strains in testing right now

cottageman

cottageman

Another run in the led(mostly) room. Wedding cake again as well as some hippie crasher and gelato sundae that I’m trying out. Kicked the ec up a lot higher this time, been feeding around 3.5ec since the first week of flower. This is day 12 of flower currently and things are looking awesome!

cottageman

cottageman

Few days later and these ladies are looking great. Feeding around 3.8ec and did a recent foliar spray of power si, ca mg and purecrop1 and they seemed to love it. Going to start defoliating soon and can’t wait to see how they stack

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Few days later and these ladies are looking great. Feeding around 3.8ec and did a recent foliar spray of power si, ca mg and purecrop1 and they seemed to love it. Going to start defoliating soon and can’t wait to see how they stack
View attachment 1096642

How's the mite issue coming along, are they completely gone? I had an issue for years and was finally able to rid myself of them permanent. I've not seen a single mite since I started using this new technique.

I probably spent thousands over the years with treatments and buying beneficials, But this wiped them out in short order and leaves zero residue. I've am/was using purecrop 1 (the final solution) also, but have since devised my own (much cheaper) formula.

That wedding cake looks great BTW, I've really been wanting to get my hands on a nice specimen of that cultivar. She's a keeper.

Last edited:
cottageman

cottageman

How's the mite issue coming along, are they completely gone? I had an issue for years and was finally able to rid myself of them permanent. I've not seen a single mite since I started using this new technique.

I probably spent thousands over the years with treatments and buying beneficials, But this wiped them out in short order and leaves zero residue. I've am/was using purecrop 1 (the final solution) also, but have since devised my own (much cheaper) formula.

That wedding cake looks great BTW, I've really been wanting to get my hands on a nice specimen of that cultivar. She's a keeper.
Thanks! And the more issue is 99.9% gone. The last place I saw mite damage was on a mother plant, so I culled it and sprayed everything down everyday for 3 days. I’ve since backed off to spraying once a week and I haven’t seen any mite damage in about a month so far. Not saying it’s completely over but it’s so much better than even a few months ago I’m confident I’ll get rid of it in the next beneficial release. If it ever came back I would get a Neitrafogger, it’s a new fogger you can use indoors during flowering without leaving residue and it’s a 1 micron fog that seems to work better than anything else I’ve seen before! It’s quite interesting imo honestly

cottageman

cottageman

This is the middle of week 5 for this room and it’s looking great so far. The SOLUS by aroya has definitely helped me improve my watering cycles and I can already see an improvement in development than the other few runs, and I still have so much to learn with that tool. The hippie crasher seems to drink a bit more and got a bit dried between watering and I think that helped it develop WAY faster than I was used to

cottageman

cottageman

Here’s the room in the first day of week 7, taking this room a full 9 weeks as usual and things are looking good! This hippie crasher in the beginning of the video seemed to love the room since the nugs on it are about twice the size as they are in my other flowering room! Everything is bulking up and maturing right on time

cottageman

cottageman

3-4 days away from harvesting this 18 light room and things are looking pretty frosty. This hippie crasher strain absolutely loves this room, I’m growing it in my hps room and the nugs are about half the size. I’m assuming it’s loving the high light intensity vs my other two strains don’t like being pushed that hard light intensity wise. The hippie crasher in the led room also has brighter colors to it, not as dark as the hps room but both smell amazing with this burnt rubber funk to it. Still doesn’t beat the smoke of the wedding cake but if damn sure looks better

mikeross

mikeross

De, they’re Gavitas but getting replaced with luxx currently

Really, and you notice a huge difference in yield compared to a DE gavita. Do think this is strain specific, like the strain your growing just responds awesome to LED's.

If you were in the market today for a new LED fixture which would it be... still pick the Luxx?

cottageman

cottageman

Really, and you notice a huge difference in yield compared to a DE gavita. Do think this is strain specific, like the strain your growing just responds awesome to LED's.

If you were in the market today for a new LED fixture which would it be... still pick the Luxx?
Yeah I think it’s strain specific definitely, and it might not even be a led vs hps thing, this led just has a much higher light intensity in it so it could be that. The majority of this room is wedding cake and that responds pretty much the same in either room, and a gelato sundae that does not like high light at all it starts foxtailing immediately. As for the leds the luxx have preformed great I don’t really have any complaints, but if I could replace them with anything I’d replace them with the new scynce led’s probably

Latest posts

Top Bottom