New 1srt post

• Thread starter Salt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Salt

Not a lot to say other than my best buy was a pound of seedy Columbian for 180$ in 1971. Rolled a joint in the morning and finished it right before bed. Would like to grow something as good but am having a problem.
1 plant that just up potted 48 hours ago. Small handful of neem seed meal feather meal blood meal granulated kelp into some commercial compost made from the residue of crab and other seafood stuff mixed in with Babybu's starter mix and watered with worm tea
-- is showing copper edges on bottom leaves.
Lighting is combination of 100 watt light (looks like a street light but companswears it isn't and they do sell some pretty nice looking grow lights out of California. Some 10 watt spots 2 different Kelvin one clamis to be cree 300 watts t5 (incidental i have spinach directly under) and 1 CMH directly over them.
NOTE:
Look I'm definitely old and definitely a nube; would you not be so judgemental and give me just a little break. I'll pick it up quick enough - this forum thing. Just tell once I'll get it.
Thanks for your time and effort in advance.

S

Salt

20220307 101713

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

What is the medium they’re in? Peat or coco?

S

Salt

I believe it's a combination of both. Babybu's seemed to be mainly peat and I feed my composting worms on a bed of coco which they convert.
Worm food: kscraps cardboard coconut .
Mixed in in no measurable terms kelp meal blood meal feather meal bat/bird guano rock dust - 3 kinds
Neem seed meal.
I realize that I've probably screwed the pooch on notes and will probably have to do a soil test in order to figure out what is being locked up. I was just hoping I guess that someone would be able to point and say ➡️ that is this and I should do " " to fix it.

Last edited:
Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I believe it's a combination of both. Babybu's seemed to be mainly peat and I feed my composting worms on a bed of coco which they convert.
Worm food: kscraps cardboard coconut .
Mixed in in no measurable terms kelp meal blood meal feather meal bat/bird guano rock dust - 3 kinds
Neem seed meal.
I realize that I've probably screwed the pooch on notes and will probably have to do a soil test in order to figure out what is being locked up. I was just hoping I guess that someone would be able to point and say ➡️ that is this and I should do " " to fix it.
Personally I would just water. Water only while being careful to not overwater. I believe you’re looking at a plant that has too much available at the moment. Cannabis is extremely tough. Also wondering about your lighting as I’m not totally clear on that. But again I think you’re looking at a situation of over feeding.

S

Salt

Pushrod Monkey,
Thanks for getting back. Your advice is level headed and makes sense. At this juncture I can either freak out and do something which may worsen the problem or give it clean water without adding any more nutrients and watch the patient live or die. Something I learned somewhere about Helen Keller (I know right, useless information) the reason that she had such success bring back her charges in world War first - she had no medicines there were none to be had but she had access to clean water so she made sure the boys on her ward had all the water they wanted. At the end of the war she had had the best success at getting the boys out of bed and back to the killing fields where they could die a proper death.

LIGHTING: Vivosun 315Watt Ceramic Metal Halide
SunKing 100Watt led
Various led spots and florescent squirrel y bulbs hanging about a real cludge of a lighting system.

Last edited:
Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey,
Thanks for getting back. Your advice is level headed and makes sense. At this juncture I can either freak out and do something which may worsen the problem or give it clean water without adding any more nutrients and watch the patient live or die. Something I learned somewhere about Helen Keller (I know right, useless information) the reason that she had such success bring back her charges in world War first - she had no medicines there were none to be had but she had access to clean water so she made sure the boys on her ward had all the water they wanted. At the end of the war she had had the best success at getting the boys out of bed and back to the killing fields where they could die a proper death.

LIGHTING: Vivosun 315Watt Ceramic Metal Halide
SunKing 100Watt led
Various led spots and florescent squirrel y bulbs hanging about a real cludge of a lighting system.
I think I’d ditch everything but the CMH. That’s more than adequate all the way.

P

Petrochemical

Supporter
I put salt in my coffee grounds every morning!
This looks fun. Hi salt

S

Salt

That reminds me. Yes I used a liquid mineral base that is - wait for it - sea water. And a stuff called Alaskan sea salt mineral.

Hey Petrochemical!

Moshmen

Moshmen

Pushrod got you - not to mention I’m not a coco grower but I do know that those two mediums are better off used individually. Not mixed together best to pick one direction and go

S

Salt

Hey moshmen!
Would you be able to enlighten me on why that is and maybe an antidote?

S

Salt

Thought after I ran the coco through the worms gut it would have a neutralizing effect.
Hey moshmen!
Would you be able to enlighten me on why that is and maybe an antidote?

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Cs
Thought after I ran the coco through the worms gut it would have a neutralizing effect.
So it’s actually EWC? Earthworm castings? And I’ve never heard of any nutrient with sea salt in it.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Pushrod got you - not to mention I’m not a coco grower but I do know that those two mediums are better off used individually. Not mixed together best to pick one direction and go
Never used either but I read a lot ! Lol would you like to go organic? Or soiless? Decide then it would be best to get a experienced mentor - pick one style and we will tag some experts .

Latest posts

Top Bottom