New 4 Plant Site RDWC system - Grape 🍇 Gas⛽️ from Impulsive Grower

• Thread starter SweetLeafGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Getting started on a new and important grow, I just built a 4 site version of the single site RDWC system I have been cutting my teeth on and learning hydroponics. Stepping up my game and hoping to keep up with my medicinal needs so I don't have to buy from dispensaries anymore.

Running 4 clones of the strain Grape Gas from my bro @ImpulsiveGrower Check him out if you are looking for elite clones, great brother to work with!

Particulars-
4 site RDWC system with external res outside of tent, ~ 28 gallons total volume of water
5x5 tent
Raging Kush II LED
GH Trio nutrients
Hydroguard bb's
Agsil 16 Potassium Silicate
pH Up and Down
Chiller, water temp set at 68F
HM-500 system monitor
misc fans

Based on experiments performed by Moe, I am going to get some Orca enzymes and add to this list soon.

So basically, I have the light all the way up to the top of the tent I believe @25%. I figured out how to do a sunrise/sunset recipe for veg, see app screenshot. This light is brand new and has it's own app that runs it. Wanting to learn how to use this cool feature of spectrum adjustments to steer the plants in a particular direction.

These clones are two sets of two. I originally got 2 Grape Gas and 2 Tropicana Cherry but the trip was very hard on the TC, the GG was fine. IG was quick to send me two more of the Grape Gas but they are a full week behind the other two and been in the system since Friday. The other two were put in the system the previous Friday so exactly a week apart.

Photos for reference to see the environment in the new room.
🍇

New 4 plant site rdwc system   grape   gas  from impulsive grower
New 4 plant site rdwc system   grape   gas  from impulsive grower 2
New 4 plant site rdwc system   grape   gas  from impulsive grower 3
New 4 plant site rdwc system   grape   gas  from impulsive grower 4
New 4 plant site rdwc system   grape   gas  from impulsive grower 5
New 4 plant site rdwc system   grape   gas  from impulsive grower 6
New 4 plant site rdwc system   grape   gas  from impulsive grower 7
New 4 plant site rdwc system   grape   gas  from impulsive grower 8
New 4 plant site rdwc system   grape   gas  from impulsive grower 9
New 4 plant site rdwc system   grape   gas  from impulsive grower 10
New 4 plant site rdwc system   grape   gas  from impulsive grower 11
New 4 plant site rdwc system   grape   gas  from impulsive grower 12
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I've been buried in life over here and not had a lot of time to update this grow. Things are chugging along, was able to get some training done on the older plants and so far the canopy is looking pretty good. The two in the front that are behind the others are catching up. I have left one without any LST with the idea that I might let that one go more natural to keep that canopy as even as possible.

Last week on Wednesday I amended the res from about 375 ppm up to 500. Had to do that again yesterday and also added 20ml of calmag to bring that up, I've topped off probably 10 gallons at this point and figured a bit of calmag would be good, she is definitely eating and they are drinking a couple of gallons a day right now. PH has been incredibly stable and I attribute that to using the AgSil 16, much more concentrated that the products I have used in the past and is super effective.

Only other thing of interest, I was checking everything out yesterday and noticed something in the res. I reached into the water and grabbed it and it was a piece of roots. I was like WTF? Not a piece floating either, it broke off when I pulled it out. I got to looking and that plant site that feeds the external res return line, the roots had grown over into that return line and had traveled all the way over to the res. I gently pulled them back into the plant site and now they are looking like they will stay put.

I have not messed with the light except to raise it up, thinking it might be time to ramp up the intensity soon.

Thanks again to @ImpulsiveGrower for this powerhouse cultivar.

IMG 2592
IMG 2593
IMG 2594
IMG 2595
IMG 2596
IMG 2597
Observationist

Observationist

I've been buried in life over here and not had a lot of time to update this grow. Things are chugging along, was able to get some training done on the older plants and so far the canopy is looking pretty good. The two in the front that are behind the others are catching up. I have left one without any LST with the idea that I might let that one go more natural to keep that canopy as even as possible.

Last week on Wednesday I amended the res from about 375 ppm up to 500. Had to do that again yesterday and also added 20ml of calmag to bring that up, I've topped off probably 10 gallons at this point and figured a bit of calmag would be good, she is definitely eating and they are drinking a couple of gallons a day right now. PH has been incredibly stable and I attribute that to using the AgSil 16, much more concentrated that the products I have used in the past and is super effective.

Only other thing of interest, I was checking everything out yesterday and noticed something in the res. I reached into the water and grabbed it and it was a piece of roots. I was like WTF? Not a piece floating either, it broke off when I pulled it out. I got to looking and that plant site that feeds the external res return line, the roots had grown over into that return line and had traveled all the way over to the res. I gently pulled them back into the plant site and now they are looking like they will stay put.

I have not messed with the light except to raise it up, thinking it might be time to ramp up the intensity soon.

Thanks again to @ImpulsiveGrower for this powerhouse cultivar.
Awesome.

pH probe?

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I think it's called the HM Digital HM-500. I shopped around and I thought this the best value. Works great, I have two of them now.....need another, lol.

Top Bottom