New at this.

• Thread starter Majorpots
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Majorpots

Majorpots

Hey I'm new at this so. I'm sure I'm doing everything wrong. So I have 5 autoflowers under some t5s and a vs1000 18 days old. Why are they so short? How can I lst?

New at this
New at this 2
New at this 3
New at this 4
New at this 5
New at this 6
Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

How come 2 plants 1 pot mate? And I reckon u going to have to up the power of your lights jmo good luck with it though mate👍

Majorpots

Majorpots

I keep seeing alot of tiny autoflower plants. So that was my thoughts on that and also I have a 1000watt hps/mh. Waiting. Wouldn't that be way overkill right now?

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

I keep seeing alot of tiny autoflower plants. So that was my thoughts on that and also I have a 1000watt hps/mh. Waiting. Wouldn't that be way overkill right now?
Id use the 1000 mh lifted right up if it was me man but what do I know I can’t even get my timers right😂😂😂 pretty sure 2 plants 1 pot no good though mate might work but surely they just be fighting each other for root space nutes ect someone a lot more experienced than me will chime in eventually and set ya straight@aquaman or @Frankster @GNick55

Majorpots

Majorpots

That t5 does have 8 bulbs also you guys think I should fire up the 1000watt mh I will lol.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What media are they in?

I would put 2 plants in a single pot... gonna make for some crowding issues once they grow.

Don't spray them with water.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
When starting something new, I find it best to start small. I only started with one Auto so that I could get a feel for the grow of them first. Two plants per pot is going to be too much even with LST If your plants grow anything like mine.

Here is an example of mine at day 26:
IMG 20211007 051748

This is a 5gal pot and you can see this one plant is covering almost all of the surface area. Give them time... They start off slow as the roots are developing and look like they are not making much progress but believe me, they are working under the soil. These plants also don't get very large indoors.

I started LST in week 3 for my plant but if you're gentle you can start now. I started a little too late but I like the way the plant formed anyways. Round one is a learning experience 😀. Don't sweat it too much and just give it time my friend.

Last edited:
Majorpots

Majorpots

When starting something new, I find it best to start small. I only started with one Auto so that I could get a feel for the grow of them first. Two plants per pot is going to be too much even with LST If your plants grow anything like mine.

Here is an example of mine at day 26:
View attachment 1176538

This is a 5gal pot and you can see this one plant is covering almost all of the surface area. Give them time... They start off slow as the roots are developing and look like they are not making much progress but believe me, they are working under the soil. These plants also don't get very large indoors.

I started LST in week 3 for my plant but if you're gentle you can start now. I started a little too late but I like the way the plant formed anyways. Round one is a learning experience 😀. Don't sweat it too much and just give it time my friend.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Can burn the leaves when under bright light.
Yup yup, if you look closely at the bottom leaves on my plant, you can see where water got on the leaves during a feeding and caused some spots. I've been getting better at not splashing the plant lately though...Lol.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Also, I would fully water those plants hard. It looks like there are cracks in the soil and the soil is pulling back from the edges which means it's really dry in areas not directly under the plant. Maybe it just looks that way though.

Top Bottom