New babies, new problems. Lend an eye?

• Thread starter tweedy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Nute/medium issue or bugs?

• Total voters
tweedy

tweedy

My genetic lusting got the better of me again and I took in some new flavors despite their ragged nature.

Goes against my better judgement but they were worth it and you'll understand when you see them and their babies again over the next couple of seasons. Bout to be snowing year round in the bean tent I'm setting up. I'll post a little more about my project for myself in the breeders section (not calling myself a breeder, just have some ideas and no one has the same stable as me to accomplish them).

So on with the problem. These are some pretty fucked up little plants, I've seen worse but ugh, uphill battle.

No idea on what they're in as far as medium aside from "dirt" (totally forgot to ask the buddy, should do that) but I'd like to flush em and start fresh as I have only had these for a day now and don't know his schedule he was using.

Leaf tips are curling and kind of cork screwing sideways. Tight cat nail growing into itself look. It's showing it on two varieties so its not a genetic issue and its not every blade either. Rather sparse actually. Any ideas? I'm concerned it might be a critter I have never had as this is my first time seeing it like this.
New babies new problems lend an eye
New babies new problems lend an eye 2

Natural

Natural

right off I see PM...second, could be over-water and insufficient light..but those pale tops and gnarled leaves could mean root aphids or even broad mites.
I'd scope the roots really close..up pot them and start them on some light nutes

tweedy

tweedy

right off I see PM...second, could be over-water and insufficient light..but those pale tops and gnarled leaves could mean root aphids or even broad mites.
I'd scope the roots really close..up pot them and start them on some light nutes

good eye on the pm, I was going to wait and see if others saw it too. Judging by the cleanliness of the clones and the random issues with what look like nutrient imbalances, I fear you are correct. I'm leaning towards both with pictures I've seen of broadmite damaged plants. Root aphids and I aren't friends either. Found out the hard way that I was chasing an imaginary ph or nute issue.

tweedy

tweedy

Quarantine...check diligently..make those beans. Hope it doesn't wreck your op.
They are quarantined as we speak and I'm okay with tossing those ones. They are the runts and not the one I was after anyways. They are Dutch treat clones and as much as I like the smell of Dutch Treat, I really don't care for the flavor at all and I can't waste time on things like this. A prime clone of dutch treat, sure, keep it, this; not worth it.

The one I am excited about is the Afgooey. We have a strain around here called High Plains Drifter. Its an Afgooey x Sour Diesel cross. When I was talking to a friend of the creator he had mentioned that it was Bodhi's (I couldn't remember a few years later if he said bodhi or bog's but just confirmed it wasn't BOG's by asking him if he ever ran it as a mother in another thread) Afgooey used in the cross. Now whether or not this was someone was fluffing there strain up I don't know but this was very tightly held for a long time and I have had its flowers, I can believe its the mother to snow lotus. Which opens up the possibility for making my own super stud for later crosses ala snow lotus with a male of my choosing from my seed collection. Seeds for life that I can just pick through. Excited.

dankworth

dankworth

I am scared as fuck of clones. Taking clones from others(to me) is like fucking a hooker bareback while she injects something into me with a used needle in midair while skydiving.
So I haven't run that many strains.
Glad you can toss these. Fucking with eagle 20 and imidacloprid sounds awful. Good luck sir.

tweedy

tweedy

I am scared as fuck of clones. Taking clones from others(to me) is like fucking a hooker bareback while she injects something into me with a used needle in midair while skydiving.
Glad you can toss these. Fucking with eagle 20 and imidacloprid sounds awful. Good luck sir.
I am going to have to agree with you on that one. I will never bank on any clones that are supposed to be run within three months. Too many things can show themselves when its too late to turn off their go signal.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Almost as much fun as backflips off a rolling pastry while having bareback sex with a hooker...

I'm clone only and I quarantine- this gives me experience with everybody else's diseases without having to contract them myself!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I was just going to say that what strikes me first about what you showed is that it looks a lot like the pix of plants infested with broad mites. I wonder if a dip might prevent this, Phsyan or peroxide or hell, even rubbing alcohol like I use if I see spider mites.

tweedy

tweedy

I was just going to say that what strikes me first about what you showed is that it looks a lot like the pix of plants infested with broad mites. I wonder if a dip might prevent this, Phsyan or peroxide or hell, even rubbing alcohol like I use if I see spider mites.
I was planning on heating a heavy duty azamax conentration to 115 and dipping them. Get two birds stoned at once ya know?? I beat root aphids organically, I refuse to not at least try with these bastards.

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

I got a hold of 191 proof alcohol shit was stronger then any rubbing alcohol I could find. That stuff killed those bastards on site! Can't get a hold of it no more though. Tweedy as much as I hate Azamax it should do the job. Remember, consistency is key. Good luck.

Top Bottom