New blackstars

• Thread starter willy led wonka
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

willy led wonka

Anyone seen these new lights yet?? My local hydro store is supposed to have some more information sometime this week. They are gonna have 5 models...a chrome edition?? Sounds cool. And he also said something about a light that would be 15"w x 6ft long. The old blackstars work great.....wonder how the newer 1s will work??

sarazhang

sarazhang

i have also saw something about new led lighs.i have visited some forum have lots peopel talked about new lights,they said use low voltage,high power,and such.i wondering about that,maybe we can use it

W

willy led wonka

ive seen some of the newer models in pics but the local store hasnt brought them in yet.

RIPP

RIPP

2012 Black Star 300W LED, 3W diode

Hi willy led wonka, this is my new 2012 model Black Star 300W LED grow light. This panel run 3W chipset / led diode. Very powerful indeed.

Happy Holidays

Led 1
Led 2
Led 3
Led 4
Led 5
Led 6
Led 8
Led 7
B

Burned Haze

Well I'm pissed, ive bought three black stars and never once did I see they were releasing these. Damnit

Mine says 3w but does not look like urs

RIPP

RIPP

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzF7Xlo1kGw[/YOUTUBE]

W

willy led wonka

which model are they saying this is? The leds have the industrial look that the 900s have. Im curious if you know what the power draw is--in watts and amps? And would you mind telling us what the actual size of the unit is? Thanks for any help. wonka

RIPP

RIPP

Sorry folks, but i really don't know how much amps or watts this unit actually draws. Suppose this LED is around 285 Wm + 3 pc fans on the top. It may look different coz i ordered this light directly from China. Those Leds are modified for bloom phase. You can talk to them directly in order to get exactly what you are looking for. There is no need for logo that will cost you twice as much as this unit.

data:
Model Number: LG-G03A
lumens: 10080lm
leds power:3w
leds amount:100pcs
leds brand:Epistar
working tempreture:-20~40'c
Warranty:3years
Wattage:300
Certification:CE,RoHS
Coverage for this light is about 600Lux/16.4ft, Max Coverage 215 sq.ft.

btw i'm testing this unit right now let me see how its work.

cheers

Led 2s
Led 4s
W

willy led wonka

How do you know you are getting the same light that blackstar sells? We've all heard the stories about cheaper lights from china not producing like the branded lights we are getting used to using. Not that yours isnt a blackstar...just curious how you know for sure,,,thats all.

RIPP

RIPP

How do you know you are getting the same light that blackstar sells? We've all heard the stories about cheaper lights from china not producing like the branded lights we are getting used to using. Not that yours isnt a blackstar...just curious how you know for sure,,,thats all.

Correct, you never know for sure. Generally you can't use different diodes they are all the same produced by two manufactures based in China. Just stay with me and I'll post regular updates and lets see how this light performs.
Why should I pay $1'000 for new led unit instead of $300 brand free. I can't claim that one is better that the other without actual tests. What if this unit performs even better?

Take a look at this Sweet Pink Grapefruit isn't it nice and green and healthy.

Spg 1 led
Spg 2 led
Spg 3 led
W

willy led wonka

i hear ya there. Im hanging out to see how you do with these. I havent seen this light yet. Ive only seen their 180 and 360 lights. They didnt look like this is the reason im asking, "how you know for sure its their light without their name on it?" Thats all,,,,i will be checkn your grow out from time to time. I would say if that unit performs the same or better you have yourself a great honey hole on led lights,,, thats for sure!! Have a good day. Wonka

B

bmf725

What does the sticker on the fan side of the light say? My 2011 600w blackstar says 88v-265v or some where near those vlotages. I am just wondering if it would be ok to cut the 110 plug off and install 220v plugs and run the lights on 220v. I believe they would pull less amps on 220 thus running cooler? Just a thought I have been having about lowering the temps in my room during summer. Let me know what you guys think!

pinky

pinky

wattage=voltage x amperes

600w= 110volts x ~6amps
600w= 220v x ~3a
Temperature will be the same.

RIPP

RIPP

i hear ya there. Im hanging out to see how you do with these. I havent seen this light yet. Ive only seen their 180 and 360 lights. They didnt look like this is the reason im asking, "how you know for sure its their light without their name on it?" Thats all,,,,i will be checkn your grow out from time to time. I would say if that unit performs the same or better you have yourself a great honey hole on led lights,,, thats for sure!! Have a good day. Wonka
2012 300W "Blackstar" 3W LED Epistar Grow Light is what the seller says. They were able to send me a single unit/piece in order to make tests. This light is very basic even an ON/OFF switch is a luxury here. As soon as 2 months and you can see my results. Thereafter you will be able to order the same led panel very cheap.

Cheers
What does the sticker on the fan side of the light say? My 2011 600w blackstar says 88v-265v or some where near those vlotages. I am just wondering if it would be ok to cut the 110 plug off and install 220v plugs and run the lights on 220v. I believe they would pull less amps on 220 thus running cooler? Just a thought I have been having about lowering the temps in my room during summer. Let me know what you guys think!
Unfortunately I'm not an expert bmf725, sorry I can't help. I belive that my 300W panel is plugged directly into 240V~220V (standart european electricity network). She emits some heat that makes the ambience cozy.:sun

600w= 110volts x ~6amps
600w= 220v x ~3a

:)

B

bmf725

600w= 110volts x ~6amps
600w= 220v x ~3a

I am an electrician and something tells me your wrong. There is a reason the wiring in your house is rated at say 15 amps. It is rated because if you overload the circuit it will begin to heat the wire and eventually burn your house down. (example) running 20 amps with a 20 amp breaker on 15 amp line. Same thing with electrical conduit you can only fit x amount of wires and run x amount of amps inside of size x conduit, because if you exceed the amp specs it will melt the wiring inside. I will be using my IR heat gun and comparing temps 110 vs 220.

pinky

pinky

I am with you...But what is relation between wiring and heat dissipated from panel If wiring is proper(110 or 220v) ? If you don't exceed rated current there no heat in wiring.

B

bmf725

It just seems to me that the circuitry inside of the panel would run more efficiently on 220v because it is using less amps. Thus generating less heat on the backside of the drivers where the fans blow. I could be totally wrong as I am by no means an electrical engineer. The reason why I am concerned with heat is because I have 4 panels running at once and it honestly raises the temp in the room more than just my air cooled 1000w(when the fan is on full blast). I just want to reduce temps as much as possible to save money on power in the summer with out having to run A/C. My power company raises it's price's during the summer about +$100 a month using the same KW's.

pinky

pinky

This is dependent of drivers,but they have around 90% efficiency.Difference in efficiency in 110/220v is under 5% for sure.Heat from drivers is ~10% of all heat,
the rest ~90% is heat from LEDs.If still not sure just try.

R

rillahojo

It just seems to me that the circuitry inside of the panel would run more efficiently on 220v because it is using less amps.

Doesn't work that way (I am an EE as well as master elec and PE). As pinky correctly stated, most of the heat produced by the light comes from the LEDs, which run at the same power level regardless of the line voltage feeding the switchmode driver modules. There is less line current draw (@ half) when using 240V, but the power to the LEDs is the same, so you're gonna get the same waste heat output regardless of input voltage.

Think of a HPS fixture: the bulb runs at the same voltage and power, and thus makes the same heat, regardless of what voltage the ballast is. The only advantage of 240V circuit is you can run twice as many lights on 240V as you can on 120V on the same size wire, because the 240V ballasts draw @ half the current of 120V. HTH

What we need is more efficient LEDs. Hopefully advances in semiconductor technology and materials will give us that...

Latest posts

Top Bottom