New Brit on board: Hello THC Farmers, one and all..

• Thread starter WankirA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WankirA

WankirA

Hey @Kushy Tushy , here's a couple of pics just to get your mind on the job; Rosa is a topped and mstly ordered (unknown strain) lst versus Freida, an untopped and fugging wild (unknown also) lst..
BTW that green wire is a godsend. I have gone through 30 m of the stuff in 7 weeks...

Topped from above
20190707 185714

Vs untopped nightmare lst
20190707 185709

WankirA

WankirA

Update time...

Right, so a busy week in my grow space.
Environment control been tricky this last week, some heat has been playing havoc with humidity but keeping as level as poss.
Temps sitting at 22-25ºc and humidity is creeping up but managing an even 65%

Here are the four from Grow 1 (3 Amnesia and 1 ak47)
20190717 185809

They were flipped to flower a few weeks now, bud sites all over the place and ive dropped the lights so they are getting approx 35k lumens at the canopy top.

Have increased nutrients for feed, from using just bloom feed (biobiz) im also topping off with a big slug of PK bloom, a smidge of calmag+ (once a week) and i managed to get some Topmax which is supposed to diddle with the nugs a little
More, bigger, sweeter..... !
We shall see.

Grow 2 have been a little troublesome since i started them - accidentally/on purpose cracking 20+ odd seeds of unknown origins beyond years sat in a bag at the back of my book case kinda started a clock i wasnt prepared for.
Newbies, eh - Wankers...!

So apart from the overcrowding that has meant juggling plants at 6.30 every night keeping Grow 2 plants in veg, and the increasing overcrowding as these 'unruly teen' grow.

Started preparing them for being flipped, looks like three are ready but four are not, so a little more juggling needed for a little longer yet.

Prep for the three involve transplanting into bigger 10 g fabric pots and resetting where they are growing, so heavy lst required.

Rosa getting maintenance in her new home:
Before
20190717 190909

After
20190717 192006

And the other two will have to wait a day for their treatment as I'm out of Pearlite until its delivered later on today.

Tally so far:
Grow 1 - 3 amnesias & 1 ak47 due for harvest in four weeks ish.

Grow 2 - 2 to transplant so 3 can flip @weekend.
- 4 to be left extending their Veg time a week, probably two.

Grow 3 - 3 x month-old seedlings have been up potted using coc and pearlite (70/30) and gone through top cuts for mainline process
Leftover:
20190717 135108

Before (BBXXL)
20190717 135222

After
20190717 135351

Oh and the amnesia clone I tried as an experiment:
20190717 075720

Doubled in size... what a thing and what wonderful experience this, my first grow, is giving me. Really am loving the pace they are setting me.

Now we wait for the pearlite.

Cheers for swinging by
W

WankirA

WankirA

Hey folks, been a rough couple of weeks my end. Apart from usual family stuff, i've made some necessary changes to both spaces.

My 4*4 tent was not really getting the coverage I felt Grow 1 needed with just the 2 300w LEDs in there. Forcing me to rotate plants and shuffle the light to make the best if it.

They were doing a passable job of course, but with the overcrowding, I had and the sheer number of plants I was juggling I decided to take a step back and see what I could do..

So my initial space (cupboard) had one of the leds on 18/6 with two more units being in the tent on flower (12/) so I ordered some little T8 tubes running 100w (supposedly) full spectrum lights from ebay (service sucks btw!) to make the light for cupboard more appropriate to the seedlings
20190801 115013

Given the lights a few days now to make sure that they were enough and plants appear to love them so jobs a good'un.

This freed up a third led which is now hanging in the tent.

Blurple incoming
20190801 115155

So while I'm a couple weeks (approx) from chopping Grow 1 I've also flipped 4 of the unknowns. On the right and front as you look at pic above.
The right side showing newly flipped among the buds
20190801 115232

Left side, front showing two more flipped among Grow 1
20190801 115237

There are now 8 plants squished together in the 4x4 on flower.
Think I may have been a smidge previous flipping them now but im happy with my decision.

Moving them every night so tent could shut down for its /12 h of sleep was a pain.

They all show some good growth (of the 7 unknowns these 4 have grown the most) and if i'm judging their size correctly they will be slightly larger than Grow1 were when i flipped them.
Making their scheduled stretch to be right where I want them in terms of size.

Additionally I started playing about with pots with Grow 2, so I have 2 in 5g pots, 1 in 3g and 1 in 10g fab pot: since all started, vegged and flipped at same time, I want to see how results map back to pots size.

Grow 3 has seen some troubles, my intention was to pot into 1g starter pots of coco70/pearlite30 and mainline them.

Well i got the first part right, even managed to get the KS, GB & BBXXL to 5th node of growth and begin the training....
20190721 191746

But then the Fungus gnats decended...
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
:hmmmm:

Apart from juggling the whole space issue thing, these fungus gnats are a complete and totals shower of bastards causing so much frustration.

Anyhow, its almost clear now but in the ensuing war on the marijuana terrorists my GB and KS were both wounded in battle with one side of the forming manifold damaged badly enough to kill the stem leaving two cack eyed lopsided girls.
20190801 115042

Will continue with the BBXXL as that one is still on target so will train the wounded girls to produce what they can.
But thinking fim each remaining side and hope for 4 cola off the side on each will provide what im looking for.

What else, ok so have done a lot more indepth reading and research into nutrients in general but with a majority focus on replacing store bought with home made as well as homework on diy nutes, cureatives, foliar sprays, Gibberellic Acid & methyl jasmonite, using milk etc etc list goes on and on and on....

The clone out on the window sill daily is super bushy, and since i havn't done ANY lst on it, its looking very Christmasy.
Am debating a soda bottle sog with her: have about 20 good clones on her but will see how her mother smokes first in a week or two.
20190802 113916

Considering a new tent also, noticed amaz dont sell them but eby has tents that have a germination and (smallish) veg space on the side of a 90*90 flower space. It would make a lot of sense for me to incorperate that space to my own for multiple reasons. Although i'll need a few new lights, the t8's appear great for terminating & a 300w (actual) blurple will do the vegging, but thinking qb or a coyple mars sp250s for 90x90 space...

More homework...

Cheers for now
W

Mattyice

Mattyice

Welcome to the family my friend. We all get along well here. I’m going to be installing two gigantic lights today hps to increase my flower. I have some good led but these high bay lights are awesome. I’ll post pictures in a few 👍

Mattyice

Mattyice

Glad you’re here it’s a good family farming community with all the help you’ll need. Here’s some pics for ya. My girls are in week 3 of flower 👍

F1E90638 3EF2 4D28 8485 176342E96555
BEA48B44 C28B 4CB9 9AA2 7A58B325EE9D
B94940B9 35D6 4FD7 9A9C 7A811D2F3D87
2B8EDEF7 D9FE 472B B44F 857849D80377
37ED4D31 FD70 4A78 AC60 65A17D96BDEC
64E19458 6706 466F A29B 78CCAE32346E
WankirA

WankirA

Well ive been otherwise occupied but back and only just remembered this thread....
Fuuuuuuuuuuuu....!?!
Well if any of you are still kicking about ill cacth you up in a day or so...

Damn!

WankirA

WankirA

Still new at this growing business, having started out with an indoor grow last august.

Have come a long way but always learning and changing **** about.

Am trying to establish a gentle perpetual: albeit with my girls taking an individual view on when they are ready, I don't tend to go by ’must be ready in x weeks’. And I have a bunch of dried flower in my stores so seams to be working.

Pretty much all coco/pearlite (avg 70/30) but have just finished cooking my own organic fertilizer to incorporate into my substrate's.

I grow under LEDs in a couple of tents (.5m x 90cm & 1.2 x 1.2) with a smidge of co2 in bloom tent and usual carbon air conditioning etc.

Currently growing a mixed bag of strains.

Some for shitsngigs, some for reasons: Hulkberry is almost 30%!
While others for taste and or medical exploration.

Still have a bunch of seeds for following grows: Green Gelato, Blue Cheese, Royal creme, with Wedding cake, GSC, Banana Tangie and a Trainwreck on their way (ordered mid flu)
So, current line up is (no order)

Godberry - 25 litre airpot (veg)
BigBudXXL (¹ of ³) - 25 litre airpot (bloom)
Krippleshock ¹ of few - 40 litre builders rubble pot (v)
Zkittlez - 4 litre bucket (v)
Auto diesel - 12 litre airpot (wk3)
Royal Kush auto - 11 litre Atami pot (wk3)
NL Auto - 11 litre Atami pot (wk7)
Hulkberry ¹ of ³ - 25 litre airpot (b)
BigBudXXL ² of ³ - 11 Atami pot (b)
BigBudXXL ³ of ³ - 12 litre pot (b)
Kripple ² of few 25 litre airpot (b)
2 Hulkberry monstercrop clones

Bunch of clones - bbxxl/Krip'k/godb'y

All different styles and training applied, mostly top/fim & tying down however I do have a Glorious 'Dr Krippling' Krippleshock that I've lovingly front loaded by manifolding it (my first mainlined girl) which is sitting at 2ft between opposing budsites so just a week or so from flower.

I use BioBiz grow/bloom/Topmax & Heaven but also use a suite of things like molasses, potash of sulphate, Epsom salts, worm humus bat guano, Chicken guano, seaweed etc etc
I make aact teas every ten days or so and in between I flush every ten days or so with ph'd water to keep the coco clean

My pH targets are 5.7 - 6.3 to make the most of available nutrients, which I get through experience (after lots of logging first few months of monitoring) when I started - lesson here is don't rely on shitty cheap pH pens.

I am aware that some make money at this.
I do not: for me it started as a way of negating the need for street dealers for what I consider my wife & friends meds.
Now I have plenty of dry, cured flowers and I continue to do it because I enjoy it and I get to donate a zip or 2 to my friends local PTSD charity (for ex forces) every month or so and my wife has relief from her ailments.

Hit me up, always happy to shoot the breeze.
Couple of topics I'm interested in: Bud maturity - am testing a theory on bud end size and maturity of budsite.

Coloidal silver - not for anything beyond personal use but possibilities are incredible.

Free lights (cheeky i know) but I desperately need some more LEDs if you got em and want them out of your way - I'll gladly for postage and heap praise on you forever (FOREVER!!!) ..
;)

Hmmm, what else....
Am a big hairy janner fella who cares for his arthritic wife around the clock.
But as cynical as I can be, I always try and see the funny side.
Thanks for stopping by.
JN

WankirA

WankirA

Little update folks (no pics)

Moved tents about, the BBXXL & H'berry still not ready despite me taking the tops a week ago. (My LEDs suck major baws!)

Knock on effect is the large 40l mainlined Krippleshock and 25l Godberry had to be flipped and now the flower footprint is bigger than it should be especially now I'm 2 lights down.
Just spreading 400+/- watts keeping it going for now.

Don't like closing canopy but till those two are ready, I'm not rushing 'em.
So, the 1.²√ tent is under lit and overfull with:

2 large Kripples (& now a 40 so 3) - the unknown flower is out @ week four and it smells GLORIOUS (will put a desc up of strains soon)

2 large BBXXLs - one due is being stubborn (and not as big flowers as I'd like: tops where... Meh! (As I let my last of these genetics die out, its swan song (bloom 4 wk) has double the flower size of this stubborn *****.

And the newly flipped Godberry, which I've also started spraying with colloidal silver as a means of keeping her for a 'small pot sog' in the future.

Both G'y & K'k were defoliated about 70% off.

Veg tent,
Monster cropped #2 Hulkberry is sprouting from all angles. Jus needs some time...
It's partner (#1) has sat in flower more or less same time as #2 been sprouting... Stupid plant.

3rd topping of Zkittlez and its currently looking like a 12 inch (capital) T n happy.

Defol on the two autos:
auto Diesel is skinny but form is good with 4 even colas with multi budsites
While Auto Jack is sturdier and a little tighter but after 3 toppings this has given me 12 nice and even flower sites.

But because they both healthy and happy am contemplating topping both one more time....
Guess a day or two to think on it before the window passes...

One of the Gberry clones has shown 'a root' so am thinking if I grow this one out and flip after lots o topping n fimming this will be my seed mother: need her stress levels to be low if that's the case, minimize any likely hood of introducing the Hermie gene. (May have no impact at all but will try and give this clone a privileged upbringing regardless).
3 Krippleshock clones remain the same, just finding roots.

Cheers and please let me know what your thinking is on topping autos (healthy n happy at day 30 ish)???

Btw am on a few of these forums so if you know me, hit me up.

WankirA

WankirA

Startled a mini project today, 2l cola bottle filled with coco inside a 3l bottle with an air pump running through 3 inches of nutes.
Like a mini AIT system.
I have some old auto beans kicking about so dropped a Creamatic which I have a few of, no loss.
This is for ShitsnGigs...

Few days hand watering should have the roots low enough to take advantage of that oxygenated fuel...

Fingers crossed.

Also swapped my tents about.. Big deal cause my flowering girls are heavy.
But added the Godberry & mainlined Krippleshock.
Still very tight but manageable until BBxxl and Hulkberry finish up (any day now).

Ermm, hulk clone doing well with growth from all angles as you'd expect from a monster crop.
Both mid term autos (JackH n Diesel) are perfectly but differently shaped, Jack had one more topping and both are expected to begin showing starter buds anyday.

Colloidel Silver was delivered and have been treating a single branch on the Godberry I just flipped with a view to long-term seed use - drop seeds instead of cloning: just easier, especially if you top...
And suddenly S.O.G. grows look like a more doable technique when I can drop 20 or so with out cost.

New flower sites on zkittlez are pointing up already after 3rd topping. Just need the Z'z clones to take and I'll be happy.
Plenty for now.
Enjoy and stay safe.

WankirA

WankirA

Funny week in tent moved all around (veg + autos now in small flower) early in the week which has worked out well after all.
Reorgboffe

Colloidal silver at lights on & off a single branch from a newly flipped Godberry, hope to self this on a second branch for seeds, want to give this strain a rest for a bit. Besides, for so many other wonderful genetics to choose from.

On day 35(ish) of the two other autos - the 3 topped Auto Jack (decided again st a 4th) is sturdy but many flower sites and all even and exposed while the Auto Diesel is proving lankier with four long colas (n some stripping); this one got me thinking if I can use CS on one branch, seed a second leaving 2 long colas for smoke. With a view to getting enough beans for a future auto SOG....!?!

Inspired by a grower on autof'r.net (St. Tom who is growing monsters in solo cups) , I decided to change the Creamatic auto bean's use and shifted it from Grodan block (sorry sorry crowpotcheaply, ill try it later) to a 2L cola bottle.
In coco but its also sitting in a couple inches of nutrient at the bottom of a 3L bottle with an airstone under neath, will top feed till the wicking is enough.

Ziittlez , now been topped twice and has 4 cola as planned, but where cut two was made, I have two flower sites erupted with two on one side & one on the other - will grow out enough for clones (if any take, I'll grow to use for seeds)..
Flower tent is overfull but all plants getting light at canopy level.
Brought a Krippleshock down for exam under real light:
Just into week 4
IMG 20200425 091152
IMG 20200425 091214

Couple clone's died. Sad but about par for my course.
So I took a new cut from the Krippleshock above: for a future seed run) hoping the monster crop survives to re flower quickly.
Still have 2 God'y and 2 zkittlez clones in, but no roots.

That it for now.
Wank.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Wow what a great thread so many nice plants some cool grow spaces , by the way welcome to the farm I hope you grow and grow and grow . Regards OD .

WankirA

WankirA

Right folks, what have I done this week ....

Skittles now in flower tent and mainlined colas (16) all at about 18 inch stems, so am happy with this one so far and a few inches to go.
Mainlined Krippleshock is coming along nicely, managed to get a 60w 3.5k led dropped into the cavity so getting light from inside and out.
She is frosty as fuck and only week 4
Hmmm.
At the beginning of the week I had a BBxxl to harvest. Came down nicely: wet trim and into my layered net, thats 10 identicolas maybe a couple zips from my very last BBxxl . This ministry of cannabis seed (bought from DCS who are great!) Its been a great daytime smoke hints of lemony fuel but can be a little hard on the pull. So after a year its time to put this one out to pasture.

Tuesday: all (but 1, smaller Krippleshock too close) plants in bloom got some bat guano worked into topsoil, always backed up with potassium sulphate, magnesium same and a glug of molasses, gets that biolife working hard for me...

All vegging plants get a minor flush. A 'pots' worth of PhD water with seaweed only. Followed a few hours later with a half feed.

As a side note: I got a Seedstockers freebie in the post (I may have already said) but I registered on April 20th promo and I forgot: well a BCN Critical XXL Auto all the way from Spain.
Thanks for that Seedstockers, will keep you posted on it...

Wednesday last week the first of 3 Krippleshock girls came of age, chopped and trimmed, smaller buds than BBXXL but again couple maybe 3 zips of sticky frosty caramel nugs. Been hankering for this one since I polished of my stash of it a couple months ago: so happy.

Hulk clone (nbr1) has by necessity been up potted from 4l tub to 25l airpot and as of time of writing the up pot (and mychos) recharged her with vigour so I'll add to flower only when I remove one but its gonna be hard, this thing is getting outta control (its the monster crop factor) as I'm trying to reduce plant numbers in bloom (gonna focus on less but bigger plants)

Friday: Trainwreck and GSC (photoperiods) and Creamatic (auto) all topped. None of these have the vigour I expected so will use cuts as clone regardless but only to keep genetics hanging around until I can verify the end results (photos)

Collected Godberry pollen from my clone, enough to play Doc Frankenweed at least so, have tickled a little into the mother Gb'y which is about 4 weeks to go so a little over her should give me some mature fem seeds.
Godberry strain saved for future grows (if enough viable seeds it'll supply a future sog run).

Also added a touch of pollen to my very well performing Autos : smaller 6 inch colas on both the Auto Jack and Auto Diesel had a smidge. Not sure what's gonna happen but free seeds are free seeds...
Both autos @ week 6/7 and flower on both getting chunky (especially the twice topped Jack H) and smelly so have reset all previous ties making some space for light but looking to be about 3-5 zips if I'm a judge. Very happy and I always count my autos as Bonus smoke (although i was pissed at calling it on my last NLauto - fuck RQS genetics!)

WankirA

WankirA

Hey there @bubblefunk , thanks for swinging by always nice to know somebody reads this journal.

Its a real ballache pulling em out of their space but promised some pics and tool these today for a compare (he running same seed, a week apart): so here's my Jack Herer Auto at 6/7 weeks old.
Still a bit of weight to add..
IMG 20200527 123537
IMG 20200527 123553
IMG 20200527 123448
IMG 20200527 123601
IMG 20200527 123412

Haven't smoked any Jack H in a couple of years so kinda looking forward hard for this one...
Cheers

Top Bottom