New BUG to me, HELP!!!

• Thread starter Santa.ClausHOHOHO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

BUGS
Outdoor Grow. Michigan area.
Right next to my Gorilla Zkittlez is my small patch of Tomato's.
I just noticed on the under side of the leaves on the tomato's is a bunch of bugs.
I did not notice them on the GZ yet...
Kind of in a panic mode right now. I saturated them with Lost Coast and then came inside to post this thread.
I took the photo through my Magnifying glass. Not the best photo, what are they ???

New bug to me help
Bug 5 tomato leaf
Bug2greenbug
Bug3 white bug
Bugtwo brown
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Aphids!
You better get a grip real quickly!!
Those fuckers don’t stop!!!!!

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Thanks a bunch.
Im going out to yank the tomato plants and spray the Gorillas. I am all over it.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
White one is a thrip, brown is adult aphid green one is a teenage aphid

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter

The most commonly used non-chemical remedy is to spray them with soapy water. You can buy insecticidal soaps but many people make up their own using a teaspoon of washing up liquid diluted in 3 litres of water. The aphids are unable to breath under a coating of soap and subsequently suffocate.

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Ok, great info.
I ripped the Mater plants out and got um on the bon fire, wife was like WTF are you doing. Gonna torch it when this darn wind dies down, its blowin 25 mph
Looking for more ideas. Should I drench the soil. Wife is making the soapy spray mixture. I am going to strip down and shower then go inspect the Gorillas a lot closer. FKIT, I'll spray them regardless.

Thanks for the fast reply's...

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You could have kept the tomatoes, just treat them.

If you're growing outdoors, I can guarantee that getting rid of the 'maters did not get rid of the problem.

Are you in flower? If not, bomb them with the pesticide of your choice.

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Not in Flower... The Maters were right next to the Gorillas. 10 feet away. Poof, Gone now , LOL.

Started the Bon fire anyways. Blowing 20 to 25 and I used a whole thing of charcoal fluid. Whoa Nellie, it was RIPPIN.
I will spray them tonight, sun is beaming down right now, FULL sun. Gonna hold off till evening.

Thanks for the input.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Whatever. My point is that pests are ever-present outdoors. It would probably be a good idea to hit them with either the dilute detergent/soap solution or one of the less obnoxious pesticides every week or so.

Next year, don't be so hard on the 'maters. You can bomb them with the same pesticides you bomb your cannabis with.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Must be that time of the month. I’ll be spraying Pyganic this evening. Found some chewed on leaves earlier today on my outside plants.

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Also try to spray underneath the leaves, not just on top of them.
I am pretty diligent when spraying and getting the underside. Getting better at it away, takes patients, something I really lack in.

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Ok, quick update... I might have over reacted and yanked the Maters, but I don't wanna risk it. Even though odds are good they are on my Gorillas, I understand that and more or less knew it.
BUT I said FKIT, yanked um.

I went ahead spread Demetrious Earth all around on the ground in the entire grow area. I have the area pretty free of weeds and its 99% dirt. Got it covered pretty good with DE.

I have been noticing a lot more Ants though but I welcomed the sudden arrival of lots of Lady bugs. Doing a little digging around and some research on Ants and Aphids I came across this article, pretty interesting info. Give it a read if you've got a minute. Pretty short read.

Thanks again

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

About 20 years ago, I thought it would be a good idea to let my indoor plants get some good ol' fashioned sunshine. The local fire ants placed aphids all over them. I heard they did it, but I had no idea how quickly they could move a herd.

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

LOL, Learning A LOT this year. Pretty wild stuff about Ants.

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Ok, good day in the Jungle.
Did a nice spraying/soaking with LC of all the plants.
DE the soil at the base and entire area, Also focused on a lot of the Ants.
While I was at it I did my 3rd layer of Trellis for my 2 biggest plants, Gorilla ZkittleZ. Just up over 8 ft tall.
Liking what I've got going. Besides the Aphids n Thrips, LOL. Getting good mass on the branches, nice n Stout.
Got them spread out and supported nicely with the Trellis.

Chem77

Chem77

Aphids are thick in Michigan, I use captain Jack’s on my weed plants and sevin on my tomatoe plants. Every year!

Latest posts

Top Bottom