New Cannabis Planter

• Thread starter jolin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jolin

jolin

Just strated cannabis plant, anyone can recommed me a good grow light to use? I'm not professional on how to choose it.

Leew421

Leew421

All comes down to budget and needs. If just one plant you won't need a huge light. You can get a t5 light setup and change out bulbs based on veg or flower. I suggest getting a good grow book and reading up on the subject too. Welcome

jolin

jolin

All comes down to budget and needs. If just one plant you won't need a huge light. You can get a t5 light setup and change out bulbs based on veg or flower. I suggest getting a good grow book and reading up on the subject too. Welcome
Thank you for your sggestions:)

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I still use the trusty high pressure sodium (hps) at about 400w per square meter in veg and switch to 600w wen I flip the light schedule to 12/12 to induce flowering.you could use led lights or fluorescents but I don't use those so I can't really give much advice on them.
What kind of grow are u looking to do @jolin ? just a small tent or cupboard grow for your own personal?whatever size grow your looking to do youv came to the right place.
If your just looking to do a few plants under one or two lights i can help there but if looking to do something a bit bigger there's plenty of very skilled commercial growers here too.

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Just strated cannabis plant, anyone can recommed me a good grow light to use? I'm not professional on how to choose it.

Beginner I would go LED u can get a cheaper China made one that will do just fine for a year easy and u won't have to deal with ther issues such as heat with a HPS or other bulbed light

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Beginner I would go LED u can get a cheaper China made one that will do just fine for a year easy and u won't have to deal with ther issues such as heat with a HPS or other bulbed light
My problem with leds is that I don't know which ones are good and which ones are garbage.and there are plenty of garbage ones from what iv heard.plenty good ones too of course but how do we know what ones are good or not?that would be my only worry but that's were the forums come in handy I suppose.
@Toaster79 knows a bit about leds and iv seen him pull plenty o high grade weed with em and being able to control temps better is not to be sniffed at.prolly cheaper on power too.

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

My problem with leds is that I don't know which ones are good and which ones are garbage.and there are plenty of garbage ones from what iv heard.plenty good ones too of course but how do we know what ones are good or not?that would be my only worry but that's were the forums come in handy I suppose.
@Toaster79 knows a bit about leds and iv seen him pull plenty o high grade weed with em and being able to control temps better is not to be sniffed at.prolly cheaper on power too.

Go on Aliexpress and look up king led they are knock offs will cost u less then 200 for the 1200 watt the pics Iv included are what the light looks like and the plants were grown under it those plants were also off to the side so didn't even get direct light from it and u can see still packed on a lot weight you don't need to spend a grand or more for a decent light :) hope this helps feel free to ask me anything I did t cover

IMG 6653
IMG 5207
IMG 5298
IMG 5293
Toaster79

Toaster79

Not knowing what size of a grow room, cabinet, cupboard or tent we're talking about it's pretty hard to make any suggestions. Like @Mr Bee suggested, MH/HPS is a tried and well known light source and does the trick more than well. But sometimes heat management can be a serious issue. That's why some people started using LED technology. LED light are supposed to run cooler, but that's not always true. There are tons of cheap chinese blurple lights out there, but there isn't a single unit I would or could recommend. First of all build quality and materials used are disastrous (hence the low price) which brings us to reliability. Those lights aren't built to last you the next 5+ years. They are built to fail. That's how economics work nowadays.
However there are some units/kits out there that are designed to last "for ever". Timber growlights comes to my mind. Theres also the DIY path avaliable for those that are not affraid of a screwdriver and a hacksaw. There are several good threads here that can point you in the right direction or even several users that might be willing to build you one.

I myself built my first light out of small single die LEDs some aluminium heatsinks and PC case fans. Installed all those in my warderobe closet and called it a day. Then I added some first generation COB LEDs until I got me a 1x1m tent and built a whole new 315W unit.

20170810 230919

IMG 20170312 141919 015

Works for me

Latest posts

Top Bottom