New England... Outdoor Season ANY INSIGHT?

• Thread starter FruitOfTheLabor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

paulycali

actually using Canna Bio Vega rhizotonic cannazym .. for flower ill take out vega .. and add bio flores and bioboost..

.. i just need something to keep the bugs away i need to toss out tons of clones and seedlings.. how biig should seedlings be wen put otu.. ive only put clones outside befpore

The bigger the better for sure. Remember they are just babies and can be the next meal for almost anything including the sun and weather. If your getting antzy about starting your seedlings and bringing them outdoors then just start them outdoors. Its no problem especially when you said its mostly bagseed. If you do this just make sure to cover the germinating seed pots with some plastic or some sort of cover to help with the humidity levels and protect them from the elements. Good luck :)

Chobble

Chobble

actually using Canna Bio Vega rhizotonic cannazym .. for flower ill take out vega .. and add bio flores and bioboost..

.. i just need something to keep the bugs away i need to toss out tons of clones and seedlings.. how biig should seedlings be wen put otu.. ive only put clones outside befpore

Seedlings will grow stronger and yield heavier generally. You want to get them to a good size with plenty of girth to support themselves, I would wait till they're atleast fully rooted in a 4" if not a half gallon pot. I personally go in a one gallon or a three depending on how much space I have.

Chobble

glockdoc

glockdoc

yea from what i understand seeds have more vigor then clones. i wish i had some quality genetic seeds to plant outdoor here in R.I but im just going to put out a bunch of clones instead. think i can avg 1 oz a clone? what would be a good way to see a zip per clone minimum? i do understand that many factors come into play with yield, but if a general way to guesstimate is oz per foot ive heard and read. the the rule of thumb is ft of plant growth per gallon of pot size. should i plant my clones in 3 gallon pots knowing the will loose 1/3 of wet weight to acquire my goal of 1 oz per clone?!?

Chobble

Chobble

yea from what i understand seeds have more vigor then clones. i wish i had some quality genetic seeds to plant outdoor here in R.I but im just going to put out a bunch of clones instead. think i can avg 1 oz a clone? what would be a good way to see a zip per clone minimum? i do understand that many factors come into play with yield, but if a general way to guesstimate is oz per foot ive heard and read. the the rule of thumb is ft of plant growth per gallon of pot size. should i plant my clones in 3 gallon pots knowing the will loose 1/3 of wet weight to acquire my goal of 1 oz per clone?!?

If you put the clones outside in June, They hopefully will veg for a month or two and yield much more the a mere ounce.

Chobble

glockdoc

glockdoc

wow thanks for the speedy reply! i figured a zip is somewhat easier to achieve then trying to bang that out on an indoor gig. do u have a recommended size pot; and also do u have any recommendations on how tall they should be when i put them out?

Chobble

Chobble

wow thanks for the speedy reply! i figured a zip is somewhat easier to achieve then trying to bang that out on an indoor gig. do u have a recommended size pot; and also do u have any recommendations on how tall they should be when i put them out?

A nice one foot bush is what I do. Three-one gallon pots as needed. You want to put them out when they days are longest though, to make sure they dont flower off the bat.

Chobble

Chobble

Chobble

how come three 1 gal pots? or did u mean a three gallon pot
I ment three through one gallon pots :p For example, an indica may not fill up a three gallon in a week but a sativa will, so I put the indica's in one gallons to save some space while I get my sativa's outdoors etc.

Chobble

P.S.

When I refer to fill up I mean root system wise.

Chobble

Chobble

Depends where you will plant them.......Ive started seed in June mid June and had 6 footers by Oct...... I used to take milk crates fill with 4 inch pots......of germed seedlings. Put a piece of cage ovr it...wired securely...and also put a stake threw it...as critters can tip over. Id put these close to where I wanted to plant. And then every 10 days or so watr.....well. Good luck.

imo Seedlings should be started as early as possible as to Clones where you should put them out so they won't flower early :P

Chobble

F

FruitOfTheLabor

was deff thinking about it.. but spent all my money on soil and stuff for the Outdoor Season so im broke.. it sucks bad.. i am working with great genetics and run a nursery myself i just got to move to a new state cause i cant find anyone to buy clones at all.. or seed stock for that matter.. like honestly its a fucking mission.. im trying to do an outdoor but i cant find any good soil to grow in the ground.. so it looks like im going to do 3 and 5 gallon grow bags .. so not the yields i was hoping for but i guess ill just put out a ton of extra clones.. since i cant find buyers lol ..

i was just wondering.. i keep finding really sandy soil .. and i mixed in some sunshine soil.. and came back to my spot.. and the plants were destroyed.. looked like they fucking got burnt by the sun... or maybe the soil was too hot.. like nute wize? no clue but im pissed.

oil

oil

Did you harden off your clones before you put them out in direct sunlight? If they are planted in sunshine/sand mix it should not be nute burned.

P

paulycali

You gotta harden them off! Dont just stick them in ground under direct sunlight. That's a no no. Just put them outside under a tree or something. Somewhere in the shade for sure. Oh yeah some sunshine mix won't cut it. Your going to need alot of sunshine mix. At least a bag per plant if you want them to do well and not come across that sandy soil where the roots will heat up and die out. You must choose between pots or the ground. Pots will be easier for sure. Plants are way easier to grow in pots then in the ground. Make a few holes and fill them with lots of soil or just grow out of the pots. Make your decision soon so its not a constant battle. Good luck and hopefully you can pull off a successfull harvest. Peace out :)

JohnBudd

JohnBudd

My methods have changed over the years, due to killing many, shitty yields, deer eaten plants, too much rain, on and on. I now use 8 gallon pots, lug alot of 2 cu ft bags of quality soil out, and save water bottles of my own urine. I did holes 4-5 inches same diameter as bottle, put in ground in between 4 plants.(and remove lid) I usually run 20-30 18" known female clones....mostly indica/hybrids.....ie 60-75 day strain.(....ie lots of heavy lugging of soil/pots ect) Frost comes early in Oct....a long haul to lose at the end. I give the girls a boost at 2-3rd week of flowering.....turn pots every other week.....and am rewarded with 1-3 lb plants for early Oct...Hollween rocks in these parts! Late nite runs with yard bags with 5-6 plants....ie alot of hard work!! So worth it! So all together, 5 trips just to carry pots, 15 trips to lug soil, 7-8 trips with the girls.....the worst the conditions to get to your plot the better....swamps...crossing creeks....camo the pots and you will be rewarded!!

JohnBudd

JohnBudd

The soil you use during grow is critical. Cheap ass sandy 2.99 a bag soil is that...mostly sand and bark mulch....not good for plants. I use premium soil, 6-7 bux a bag....Coast of Maine soil is pretty dang good for outside. Panapscotte Bay(Coast of Maine) is also good stuff.
After last week of steady rain, took walk on first break of sun...to find many pots sitting in puddles....moved to higher ground. If had been in ground/flooded and dead. In pots/happy!
Once the legwork of carrying 15 bags of premium soil, all the pots and plants out and necessary tools ..the hard part is done.
Rotating plants, ensuring proper run-off....ie no puddles....and you will be rewarded in a big, big way.
Dont grow hazes or any strains that take a long, long time....as blows to see a plant almost done....almost being key word.
Most are not blessed with great soil, New England has very acidic soil. Straight into ground in Northeast without prepping, re-doing soil leads to dead/shitty plants.
Do the work, and be rewarded....take the easy way....not much reward. I speak from experience.

glockdoc

glockdoc

all that i know, good help for the new growers thou! thanks for insight though! how come u dont use ffof or something. thats 20 a bag, if u think ur doing good now you would probably see some improvements.. have u ever thought of using any pots bigger then 8 gallons or is 8 the most convenient for u? have u used 5 gallon pots at all? do u pick strains that are mold resistant or is there anything u do to prevent mold on ur crops? what do u do about waterings? yes this week has been rainy as shit, im looking forward to some heat to help germ my seeds that are in dirt...should of done the good ol' germination way (out of dirt) what are some more "advanced" outdoor grow techniques you know. theres a guy on 420mag aerogardner or something who goes hard as a motherfucker on his outdoor gigs. 20-30 ak47 plants in 20 gallon smart pots avg 5 lbs per plant. shit like that i would love to learn. the dudes from maine too, so im guessing with the right knowledge like ones u are spreading can help alot of people yield very well!

masshole61

masshole61

Some poor bastard a couple towns away got ripped by the cops. Took 530 mature plants in an extremely remte part of the town forest in a ridiculously affluent town. Cops got a "tip" and just walked up on the dudes spot and started hacking. The moral of the story is don't show anyone your shit, and don't tell anyone shit!

Top Bottom