New Gavita 1700e LED Stack

• Thread starter squinteastwood
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squinteastwood

squinteastwood

Hey guys, first time using LEDs and having some issues getting a new room dialed in maybe you guys can help. Been around this stuff for a long time and I am a bit baffled. Here are some specs...

15 x 11 ft room +10ft tall. 2 12 foot pallet racks with 2 tiers on each separated by a 3 ft isle. 3 gavita 1700e leds per tier. 5ton Ac, air handler stacked vertically at the end of the isle with a 90 to ducting running directly down the isle at ceiling/top light height. Quest 225 dehu and bottled co2 in corner set to 1000ppm. Lots of air movement. Leds running at 50% and plants are in 2gals coco with 3 ft or more from the top of each plant to the light.

If I run the room at 80 degrees when the Ac kicks on my surface leaf temp is going down below 70 degrees according to laser, even though thermostats saying room never drops below 75, the Cooled air doesn’t have a ton of area to mix before it contacts the plants because it’s such a small room. When I run the room at 84 leaf surface temp never goes below 74 however leaf surface temp gets up to 82.

I know what it feels like to have your arm at plant height under a hot double ended hps and tell that the plant is not happy, and what a room thats too hot feels like. At 84 it’s comfortably warm in here and when the Ac kicks on it’s a steady cool even catch a bit of a chill now and then. At 80 it is relatively cool in there, I’ve been in other rooms at 80 and it’s quite a bit warmer.

Plants are struggling. They are probably a bit stunted from running the room to cool for the first few days. They caught a bit of pm and I think that’s due to leaf surface temp going well below 70 with 70/75% humidity even though the room itself was set to 80. Pm has been irradicated but will most definitely come back if I don’t deal with environment issue that caused it.

Standard GH feed, currently every 3 days when pots are starting to dry out (they ain’t drying out fast) today’s feed 5.9 1200 in and 5.8 850 out.

Plus the room is constantly reading above 1200ppm and I haven’t even seen the co2 tanks kick on yet, is it really possible that just me breathing in there for a short period of time is keeping the co2 level that high?

Here’s some pics of the damaged plants. Maybe you guys have some ideas as to what’s caused this. Radiant heat? Looks like heat damage but the room is not hot! They have been coming around so we’ll see how things go... any help on using these leds is appreciated.

New gavita 1700e led stack
New gavita 1700e led stack 2
New gavita 1700e led stack 3
New gavita 1700e led stack 4
New gavita 1700e led stack 5
New gavita 1700e led stack 6
New gavita 1700e led stack 7
Top Bottom