New Grow 4x8x8 1800 Watt Vertical Grow Help

• Thread starter Humboldt.Rio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Whatz up farmers!!!

Im racking my brain and just need to bounce ideas off someone.

As I said I have a 4x8x8 gorilla tent. I want to throw u a 3 light vert with hps-mh-hps right in the middle of the tent.

Heat is gonna be my issue. I would love to bare bulb and exhaust heat from the top. I have a 710cfm 8" to pull air out.
I also have a 6" to supplement fresh air in. Floor fan blowing up through bulbs.

If bare bulbs dont work, I can cool tube the bulbs and pull air through the cooltubes out while pullling air out of the room with the 6"

Worst case..... I have a portable ac but electricity is expensive where I live. I would rather run 1800 watts minus the ac.

What do u guys think. My night time temps are about 20c in the room outside the tent.

Im afraid I need a bigger fan...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

scubascrog

scubascrog

Yeah heat is going to get you there, its best to vent them out in cool tubes in sequence, you set the humidity by how much air you let in after you set the fan speed to the desired temp, check out my setup in my sig

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Yeah.... Thanks scuba....thats what im thinking too...

Then run the 6" to pull the hot air out of the cooltubes

8" to pull all the air out of the room

Passive intake air.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Whatz up farmers!!!

Im racking my brain and just need to bounce ideas off someone.

As I said I have a 4x8x8 gorilla tent. I want to throw u a 3 light vert with hps-mh-hps right in the middle of the tent.

Heat is gonna be my issue. I would love to bare bulb and exhaust heat from the top. I have a 710cfm 8" to pull air out.
I also have a 6" to supplement fresh air in. Floor fan blowing up through bulbs.

If bare bulbs dont work, I can cool tube the bulbs and pull air through the cooltubes out while pullling air out of the room with the 6"

Worst case..... I have a portable ac but electricity is expensive where I live. I would rather run 1800 watts minus the ac.

What do u guys think. My night time temps are about 20c in the room outside the tent.

Im afraid I need a bigger fan...

Any help is greatly appreciated!
I helped my homie set up a similar room. Same size and same wattage. We went cool tube and started with 3x 6" can fans... They didn't even start to cool the area. We had a furnace blower and decided to mount it in the floor. It's around 2500cfm on low and is pulling filtered cool basement air and room stays 78-85 degrees. Hope that helps, just know unless you're in a cool area your gonna be fighting heat.

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Cheers Jay....

Thats exactly what im afraid of.....

I think to pull it off, I will need ac.

I have a good portable. I only ever sealed a room ac. Supplement with co2 bc I could never wrap my head around cooling the air and exhausting at the same time. Always seemed counter productive.

Im not afforded this luxury this time. I have to work with what I have.

Anyone with thoughts on adding ac to this setup?

Thanks again

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Cheers Jay....

Thats exactly what im afraid of.....

I think to pull it off, I will need ac.

I have a good portable. I only ever sealed a room ac. Supplement with co2 bc I could never wrap my head around cooling the air and exhausting at the same time. Always seemed counter productive.

Im not afforded this luxury this time. I have to work with what I have.

Anyone with thoughts on adding ac to this setup?

Thanks again
Should be fine, just run the cool tubes on separate circuit. So they pull fresh air from outside the tent and exhaust back out. Not sure how the exhaust works on your portable but I'd exhaust it out and away from the tent also. You will need negative air pressure on the tent for smell control and fresh air to the tent. So a inline fan and filter would do that.

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Yeah...the portable has an exhaust.

The air out, I dont need to scrub. Its just gonna blow out to the ocean. Less restricted on the fan too.

If I pull fresh air and push it over the 3 600's with the 6"

And suck air out with the 8" should be OK? Or switch the fans the other way.

8 on the tubes and 6" pulling air out?

Cheers

Latest posts

Top Bottom