New grow Amnesia Lemon from Barney's Farm and OG Kush freebie.

• Thread starter Perrin6363
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Perrin6363

Perrin6363

This is the little seedling/early veg box I set up. I had ordered these light strips before I started growing and realized they were worthless pretty quickly. I strapped them together and was told by most that they'd be enough for the first month. One seems to be doing fine the other looks like it might be stretching a little. Was wondering if it was okay to let them be in the tent during the day with the flowering plants? My lights aren't that strong. If anyone reads this let me know. Haha thanks. They're in ffhf right now, but will use ffof when i transplant. Was also thinking of doing 5 gal fabric pots this time instead of 3 gal. I think my 30x30 could take it. Nutrients are also fox farm. I'm really excited about this grow. I've feel like I've got good genetics and some exp from one previous grow almost finished up. I've got pretty decent control over my environment at this point. At night the ac goes up to 67 and dehumidifier gets set to constant. During the day ac is at 64 and dehumidifier is set to 45% unless I watered that day then it stays on constant. That keeps my tent right around 70-75. With 45-52% rh. I just absolutely fucking love grow pot. I love the attention to detail, all the love and care that goes into it. And then to be able to smoke my own pot at the end, holy fucking shit, I just found the holy grail of hobbies. Maybe someday I could make it something more. Thanks for reading if you made it this far. If I understand correctly I just keep adding to this thread as my grow diary.

New grow amnesia lemon from barneys farm and og kush freebie
New grow amnesia lemon from barneys farm and og kush freebie 2
Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Day 6:
I installed a ventilation system. I explain some in the video, but I taped 3 thin metal wires to create an arm. I was trying to get the outtake vent in the back of the closet to create more of a circular airflow. If not it would've sucked from the bottom of the door right to the top. Took the dome off today.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Day 7: I don't feel like they're looking too good. Sorta yellowish and don't seem happy. I'm not stressing it, there's not I can do for them at this point. I've kept them moist with a dome and spraying frequently, but with the dome off I'm letting them dry out a bit. My temps are 66 and my rh is 57%. I've laid some wet rags in there, but will hang them tonight. I know that's cold and I bet that's why they're not looking so good. I don't really have anything I can do about that at this point. They'll have to tough through it until I can get them in a tent. Left is kush

20220610 171817
20220610 171711
Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I got a new light for the main tent so I moved this one over to the seedlings. They seem like they're doing alright. Just watering at this point. When I transplant I'm going to add perlite more perlite to the soil. I think I messed up not adding it to the seedlings. My thought is that with more oxygen in the soil I'll develop better roots. I haven't been happy with my roots yet. I don't have great climate control over this closet. I hang a wet rags and it'll bring the rh up to 60% for a little while.
20220619 093054
20220619 093035

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I'm pretty happy with these gals. Should I transplant them to something a little bigger? I didn't want to put them in the 3 gal yet, but maybe something bigger.
20220621 171745

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

6/27 transplanted

20220627 121658
20220627 121652
Ffof with around 30% extra perlite. Watered with distilled water bc I had nothing else, ph adjusted to 6.5. Added great white to the transplant hole. Very excited about it.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Messed the picture up but you can still get a good idea of the root health. Not positive but I think this looks pretty good. Def a lot better than the ww and AK was. I used peat pots on those but didn't trust they wouldn't hinder the roots so I took them out when I transplanted. I don't remember seeing and roots around the outside. It prob just means I waited to long this time. I was seeing signs of general unhappiness in the plant that I think was attributed to it having outgrown its pot. I'm super excited about this grow.
20220627 111959

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

This is day 25. About 2 days after transplant. They just started perking up a bit today. Under the blurple they look like they have an extremely dark green shade, so I pulled them outside to get some pics. Looks less dark green outside but I think they might be suffering a little N tox. I don't know. These pics don't look bad but they looked damn purple under the blurple, go figure, huh, lol. I haven't fed anything but the soil was ffhf then ffof at transplant. I'll hold off on feeding until i see more yellow in the coloring. Was planning on giving Mr fulvic next watering but the way I understand that is that it makes nutrients more available. So if I'm dealing with possible N tox then I prob don't want to use Mr fulvic. That amnesia lemon looks pretty happy though.
20220629 093545
20220629 093455

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Do you guys use Great White throughout the grow, mixed with water during feeding? Or just in the root ball during transplant? It says Myco needs to come in contact with roots to be effective. It seems like it might be a waste to mix it with water and feed.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I don't know what to make of this exactly. It's not a huge deal as far as this plant goes but I'd love to understand all this more. They've both been a pretty dark shade of green thus far. I thought maybe it was slight N tox from the ffof soil I used. I was going to wait to use nutrients bc of that. They're about s month old, i haven't fed them yet. But then I went out there today and there some yellowing on some of these bottom leaves. So now I'm thinking maybe they want N. I mixed up my nutrients for tomorrow mornings watering. I added grow big, 7.5ml/ half gal. ff call mag 1-0-0, 2ml/ half gal and Mr fulvic, which I just got. I just transplanted 5 days ago so I used the rooting feed directions which was 5ml/gal vs veg and flower recommended doses 1ml/gal. I cut it down some though and did 2ml/half gal. I think this yellowing at the bottom is N deficiency though. What do you guys think?
20220701 204421
20220701 204426
20220701 204429

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Day 28
I watered this morning, A little over a half gallon. 1/4 gal less than last grow. After work I went out there and had a huge amount of run off sitting in the tray at the bottom. Double the amount from the last grow. It took me a second to remember I had added about 30% perlite to the ffof soil. Which now I'm thinking may have been too much. If they're not holding water as well then I'll be watering them a lot more frequently. I don't know what type of impact that has on the plant. I won't be able to feed every other watering. I could be having to water everyday. I may end up having to transplant these to 5 gal pots in a month or so. I'll have to do some research to see what kind of impact the more frequent watering will have.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I haven't updated this in a while but I've done some lst.
20220708 191308
20220708 191321
20220708 191255

I also had a question if anyone's got a min. I recently bought a cheap tds meter and checked my run off after I watered today. It was in the 1500's. So what I've gathered is that tells me I don't need to feed, maybe for a few waterings, bc that is pretty high? And for instance on my last grow when I followed a feeding schedule I was just loading it up with nutrients it wasn't using? And maybe that is why the fabric pots I used are covered in what appears to me salt or other minerals? Should I wait until I get readings in the 800's to start feeding again?

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Here's some before and after defoliation and adjustments to branches. If anyone reads that lemme know if I'm on the right track.

Amnesia lemon
20220713 111511
20220713 113609

OG Kush
20220713 111523
20220713 113615

Also moved them to the tent and started 2 autos in this closet.

20220713 124759

Thanks for checking them out.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I've got an issue, I think a deficiency, starting. It's more noticeable in person but I think these pics kinda show what's going on. I think it may be a mag deficiency.

The nutrients I've added were all 3/4 of what ff recommends on their feeding schedule. Last week was big bloom, cal mag (1/2 recommended dose) and Mr fulvic. This week they got bb, grow big, and Mr fulvic, no cal mag. Water I'm using is spring water. But it only read 8ppm. So i thought that is prob for very little mag in it, and I've only added cal mag once.

20220715 155140
20220715 155336

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

damnnnnn bud wth? Apparently I got so high I missed your whole 2nd grow till meow 😆 Guess I don't exactly know how this "follow" thing works because I thought it made it so you got notified of those you follows posts. Or something like that. Either way man sorry I've missed it and also that so few have stepped in when you asked. Allow me to be 1 of the first few to say it man but your fkin killin it again. I just got caught up from the 1st post and I know how you feel when almost every step of the way you feel like "waiiit a minute, that don't look right. Pfft here we go again....What did I do or what was I supposed to do that I didn't. Son of a bitch, crop ruined" and so often we are doing one of the most common rookie maneuvers ever, Helicopter Parenting 🤣 and you know what, I am not gonna stop. My plants are 4 feet behind me blowin in their fake wind and "jungle-like" fake atmosphere, and I'm about to set up a whole 2nd tent today in here. How am I supposed to not be all over 2 tents with 3 girls in each at all times and not helicopter parent them lol fk that. Your plants look really good and great work so far.
Now as for 1500 ppm run-off, yeah that seems high af but don't forget I am new to growing and 1st timer to soil so hopefully we can pull in some help from others. Are you in Fox Farm soil? If so is it Happy Frog or Ocean Forest or? Even if you mixed 30% perlite in, if in fact you are in one of those soils, I think any and all issues you may be experiencing could be due to soil being too "hot" and not like temps. I could be way the heck off but those soils both have enough nutrients in them that adding much to them too early can be too much. I've heard both those soils "technically" have enough in them to carry you through veg easily with ONLY water. Soil like that I believe we want to feed the soil and the soil will feed the girls and more than likely you should alternate with feeding, then next is plain water, then feed, etc.
Mr Fulvic I have heard is golden and I have a bottle but haven't used it yet. Also heard high grade Silica like Power Si are integral tools of the trade. Those 2 + Jacks 321 make up Bill Farthings "Ballin on a Budget" recipe -HERE and if you have read any of that then you know it is legit af. I have a friend that swears by something called Recharge. Says he has never seen a product on the market that is better.
What size pots are those? 3s or 5s? LST lookin good. You going to use a net of some kind or let them run wild?

Latest posts

Top Bottom