New grow Amnesia Lemon from Barney's Farm and OG Kush freebie.

• Thread starter Perrin6363
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Quick tag in, I run FF happy frog and yeah I usually go most of veg without needing any additional nutrients. If I do need to add nutes it's usually only 1/4 strength and usually in the very last few weeks of veg at that point
damnnnnn bud wth? Apparently I got so high I missed your whole 2nd grow till meow 😆 Guess I don't exactly know how this "follow" thing works because I thought it made it so you got notified of those you follows posts. Or something like that. Either way man sorry I've missed it and also that so few have stepped in when you asked. Allow me to be 1 of the first few to say it man but your fkin killin it again. I just got caught up from the 1st post and I know how you feel when almost every step of the way you feel like "waiiit a minute, that don't look right. Pfft here we go again....What did I do or what was I supposed to do that I didn't. Son of a bitch, crop ruined" and so often we are doing one of the most common rookie maneuvers ever, Helicopter Parenting 🤣 and you know what, I am not gonna stop. My plants are 4 feet behind me blowin in their fake wind and "jungle-like" fake atmosphere, and I'm about to set up a whole 2nd tent today in here. How am I supposed to not be all over 2 tents with 3 girls in each at all times and not helicopter parent them lol fk that. Your plants look really good and great work so far.
Now as for 1500 ppm run-off, yeah that seems high af but don't forget I am new to growing and 1st timer to soil so hopefully we can pull in some help from others. Are you in Fox Farm soil? If so is it Happy Frog or Ocean Forest or? Even if you mixed 30% perlite in, if in fact you are in one of those soils, I think any and all issues you may be experiencing could be due to soil being too "hot" and not like temps. I could be way the heck off but those soils both have enough nutrients in them that adding much to them too early can be too much. I've heard both those soils "technically" have enough in them to carry you through veg easily with ONLY water. Soil like that I believe we want to feed the soil and the soil will feed the girls and more than likely you should alternate with feeding, then next is plain water, then feed, etc.
Mr Fulvic I have heard is golden and I have a bottle but haven't used it yet. Also heard high grade Silica like Power Si are integral tools of the trade. Those 2 + Jacks 321 make up Bill Farthings "Ballin on a Budget" recipe -HERE and if you have read any of that then you know it is legit af. I have a friend that swears by something called Recharge. Says he has never seen a product on the market that is better.
What size pots are those? 3s or 5s? LST lookin good. You going to use a net of some kind or let them run wild?

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I'm pretty happy with these gals. Should I transplant them to something a little bigger? I didn't want to put them in the 3 gal yet, but maybe something bigger. View attachment 1255427
Next time when in seedling, I would use that yellow plant holder you used later. Anyyything but the carpet. It acts as a natural dehumidifier and you want high humidity then. Any time can keep them off the carpet I would do so

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

And yeah I read back to 1st and saw you are in Happy Frog. I believe Ocean Forest is even hotter but maybe you just runnin "too hot in da hot tub, burns my feet" - Eddie Murphy 😄
Maybe a course of action would be just use ph'ed water and see how they respond

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

damnnnnn bud wth? Apparently I got so high I missed your whole 2nd grow till meow 😆 Guess I don't exactly know how this "follow" thing works because I thought it made it so you got notified of those you follows posts. Or something like that. Either way man sorry I've missed it and also that so few have stepped in when you asked. Allow me to be 1 of the first few to say it man but your fkin killin it again. I just got caught up from the 1st post and I know how you feel when almost every step of the way you feel like "waiiit a minute, that don't look right. Pfft here we go again....What did I do or what was I supposed to do that I didn't. Son of a bitch, crop ruined" and so often we are doing one of the most common rookie maneuvers ever, Helicopter Parenting 🤣 and you know what, I am not gonna stop. My plants are 4 feet behind me blowin in their fake wind and "jungle-like" fake atmosphere, and I'm about to set up a whole 2nd tent today in here. How am I supposed to not be all over 2 tents with 3 girls in each at all times and not helicopter parent them lol fk that. Your plants look really good and great work so far.
Now as for 1500 ppm run-off, yeah that seems high af but don't forget I am new to growing and 1st timer to soil so hopefully we can pull in some help from others. Are you in Fox Farm soil? If so is it Happy Frog or Ocean Forest or? Even if you mixed 30% perlite in, if in fact you are in one of those soils, I think any and all issues you may be experiencing could be due to soil being too "hot" and not like temps. I could be way the heck off but those soils both have enough nutrients in them that adding much to them too early can be too much. I've heard both those soils "technically" have enough in them to carry you through veg easily with ONLY water. Soil like that I believe we want to feed the soil and the soil will feed the girls and more than likely you should alternate with feeding, then next is plain water, then feed, etc.
Mr Fulvic I have heard is golden and I have a bottle but haven't used it yet. Also heard high grade Silica like Power Si are integral tools of the trade. Those 2 + Jacks 321 make up Bill Farthings "Ballin on a Budget" recipe -HERE and if you have read any of that then you know it is legit af. I have a friend that swears by something called Recharge. Says he has never seen a product on the market that is better.
What size pots are those? 3s or 5s? LST lookin good. You going to use a net of some kind or let them run wild?
3 gal. Was thinking about doing 5gal for the next grow though. I don't think I'm going to use the trellis net this time. I'm going to do my best to keep it at the same level but with the padded wire twisties. I really like to be able to spin the plants around and it makes watering a pain in the ass. That Bill Farthing recipe is what I'm going for. I'm going to use up the rest of my ff nutrients then go for Jacks. I've also got a compost pile going and want to try no till living soil. But dude I just scored a shit load of free 3/4 inch pvc! I'm cleaning it up now and going to start working on a bigger tent. I'm fucking amped bro. If I could keep my dehumidifier inside the tent as well as eventually get a portable ac to set in there. I wouldn't even need an inkbird I could just set the dehu to the desired range as well as an ac unit. Portable ones are pretty dang expensive and I've already bought 2 window units, so I wait until next summer for that. For now I'll just rely on the lung room being cool and the exhaust fan sucking in that air. I'm still debating what to use for walls. I could get panda film, but I could also use those reflective 4x8 Styrofoam sheets. It would end up insulating a lot and they're not that much more expensive.

I was using ocean forest. It is hot soil but I'm really not getting any ill effects to the plants. I'm honestly a bit confused now that I've started measuring ppm. I just followed ff feeding schedule last time and everything went well. I've not even been watering to run off lately bc of the organic soil. Man I could keep going on and on, I've got no one to talk to about growing so when I do I could talk all day. In going to read the rest of the replies after this one.

Oh shit dude I forgot I won a fucking contest today! Herbies Seeds on another forum. I chose the Runtz. I'm so fucking excited!

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Quick tag in, I run FF happy frog and yeah I usually go most of veg without needing any additional nutrients. If I do need to add nutes it's usually only 1/4 strength and usually in the very last few weeks of veg at that point
Alright, so I'm going to do the same then. Bc you're not the only person who's said this lately. I've got Mr fulvic and PowerSi I would still use though right? Just once a week? I haven't watered to run off these last 2 waterings so I'm not entirely sure where my ppm are at. But next watering I'm going to use only Mr fulvic and PowerSi and make sure I get run off. I'll test that and I bet it'll be high enough to get me through the next week or 2 of veg. Thanks for the info.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Next time when in seedling, I would use that yellow plant holder you used later. Anyyything but the carpet. It acts as a natural dehumidifier and you want high humidity then. Any time can keep them off the carpet I would do so
Yeah I got to rip that carpet out of there. I got the other side bc it was empty but haven't had the opportunity to take it out of this room. After this grow I'm going to re do everything. I fucking hate this room. It's super gross. It's gotta be loaded with bacteria and mold and God knows what else. The previous owner of the house we bought had her cousin living back there.

Swagmasterflex

Swagmasterflex

3 gal. Was thinking about doing 5gal for the next grow though. I don't think I'm going to use the trellis net this time. I'm going to do my best to keep it at the same level but with the padded wire twisties. I really like to be able to spin the plants around and it makes watering a pain in the ass. That Bill Farthing recipe is what I'm going for. I'm going to use up the rest of my ff nutrients then go for Jacks. I've also got a compost pile going and want to try no till living soil. But dude I just scored a shit load of free 3/4 inch pvc! I'm cleaning it up now and going to start working on a bigger tent. I'm fucking amped bro. If I could keep my dehumidifier inside the tent as well as eventually get a portable ac to set in there. I wouldn't even need an inkbird I could just set the dehu to the desired range as well as an ac unit. Portable ones are pretty dang expensive and I've already bought 2 window units, so I wait until next summer for that. For now I'll just rely on the lung room being cool and the exhaust fan sucking in that air. I'm still debating what to use for walls. I could get panda film, but I could also use those reflective 4x8 Styrofoam sheets. It would end up insulating a lot and they're not that much more expensive.

I was using ocean forest. It is hot soil but I'm really not getting any ill effects to the plants. I'm honestly a bit confused now that I've started measuring ppm. I just followed ff feeding schedule last time and everything went well. I've not even been watering to run off lately bc of the organic soil. Man I could keep going on and on, I've got no one to talk to about growing so when I do I could talk all day. In going to read the rest of the replies after this one.

Oh shit dude I forgot I won a fucking contest today! Herbies Seeds on another forum. I chose the Runtz. I'm so fucking excited!
I have some of the runtz to pop, I'm curious to see how stable herbies genetics are!

Frostie069

Frostie069

Just had a scroll through and caught up, last photos they were looking pretty mint mate. Can’t provide any advice on soil unless outside, I sucked with soil inside. I had a surprise when you said you topped them, good to see, definitely on the right track, I’ve found with topping as long as you cut them right and heal them right the rest is what you make of it.
Great to see how pumped you are about it all too, I’ve just joined to share my new grow which I seem to be just as pumped as you about.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I think I'm about to flip soon. I defoliated a bit a few days ago but they seen to have bounced back. I think they're ready. And get this. I won a fucking vs3000 in a contest on another forum! I was stressing about going into flower with only 100w per plant. After last grow I really felt like I needed more. But I couldn't spend anymore money. I was just going to be okay with whatever I got. I'm so fucking excited.

I've been keeping the canopy mostly even with padded wires. It's working great and I'm able to water a bit easier because I can spin them. Even if the wires are in the way. Winning that light opens up so much more for me. I've got all this pvc for free on fb and put this together last week.
20220721 150638

I didn't do the ceiling yet bc I'm going to take it apart and reassemble it in the other room where the tent is now. But I have to rip the carpeting out and paint the walls, in that room. Then I'll glue the ceiling together in a checkerboard pattern. Going to use foam board for walls and maybe get a little panda film for the 5x5 growing area, just to line the walls with. Dehu and portable ac (when I can get one) will go inside the tent. Now that I have this light I can move forward. Even if I only grow 2 or 3 plants in there, I would love the extra room. I could use 5 or 7 gal pots. Grow some monsters.
The plants now seem like they're happy. I've been getting some weird ppm readings. I don't fully understand them, but I'm still learning. I think I'm figuring it out.
20220726 180112
20220726 093724
20220726 093712

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Just had a scroll through and caught up, last photos they were looking pretty mint mate. Can’t provide any advice on soil unless outside, I sucked with soil inside. I had a surprise when you said you topped them, good to see, definitely on the right track, I’ve found with topping as long as you cut them right and heal them right the rest is what you make of it.
Great to see how pumped you are about it all too, I’ve just joined to share my new grow which I seem to be just as pumped as you about.
Hey man, thanks for checking it out. Gonna flower soon.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

I think I'm about to flip soon. I defoliated a bit a few days ago but they seen to have bounced back. I think they're ready. And get this. I won a fucking vs3000 in a contest on another forum! I was stressing about going into flower with only 100w per plant. After last grow I really felt like I needed more. But I couldn't spend anymore money. I was just going to be okay with whatever I got. I'm so fucking excited.

I've been keeping the canopy mostly even with padded wires. It's working great and I'm able to water a bit easier because I can spin them. Even if the wires are in the way. Winning that light opens up so much more for me. I've got all this pvc for free on fb and put this together last week.
View attachment 1265362
I didn't do the ceiling yet bc I'm going to take it apart and reassemble it in the other room where the tent is now. But I have to rip the carpeting out and paint the walls, in that room. Then I'll glue the ceiling together in a checkerboard pattern. Going to use foam board for walls and maybe get a little panda film for the 5x5 growing area, just to line the walls with. Dehu and portable ac (when I can get one) will go inside the tent. Now that I have this light I can move forward. Even if I only grow 2 or 3 plants in there, I would love the extra room. I could use 5 or 7 gal pots. Grow some monsters.
The plants now seem like they're happy. I've been getting some weird ppm readings. I don't fully understand them, but I'm still learning. I think I'm figuring it out. View attachment 1265358View attachment 1265359View attachment 1265360
Looking mint👌

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Welcome to the farm mate 🙋‍♂️ crazy that he has only had a grow before this one. Dude is full on goin DIY wizard level 10 on us 💪🤗🤣 fkin awesome to see what happens when the rabbit hole widens 🐸

HunterBrandon

HunterBrandon

You are in for a treat I can tell you first hand as I am, as I write this smoking my first hits of Amnesia Lemon from Barney's Farm. My one plant had to suffer through my root rot boot camp so it ended up quite small but the bud is very nice and I have not even cured it yet, just sampling. Be ready for fantastic finger hash as this is one of the most finger hash yielding strains I've had. Luckily my root rot boot camp is over thanks to Mr. H2O2, and the clones are already bigger.

Looking at your grow you've come a long way fast. Benefits from hanging out here at the Farm for sure!

How's my buzz you ask? This took about 45mins.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

You are in for a treat I can tell you first hand as I am, as I write this smoking my first hits of Amnesia Lemon from Barney's Farm. My one plant had to suffer through my root rot boot camp so it ended up quite small but the bud is very nice and I have not even cured it yet, just sampling. Be ready for fantastic finger hash as this is one of the most finger hash yielding strains I've had. Luckily my root rot boot camp is over thanks to Mr. H2O2, and the clones are already bigger.

Looking at your grow you've come a long way fast. Benefits from hanging out here at the Farm for sure!

That's hilarious, it takes me the same time to write a message after I smoked too. That's awesome to hear about the amnesia lemon. I'm extremely excited about it. Thanks for the reply. I love talking with people on here and most def wouldn't have gotten at far without this forum.

Frostie069

Frostie069

may have taken a while, but you nailed it mate!!

Frostie069

Frostie069

Welcome to the farm mate 🙋‍♂️ crazy that he has only had a grow before this one. Dude is full on goin DIY wizard level 10 on us 💪🤗🤣 fkin awesome to see what happens when the rabbit hole widens 🐸
thanks for the welcome trader, seems like a great place here, I'm slowly working my around, perving on everyones buds!!

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

This is the second day of 12/12. I can see them starting to stretch. It's making me think about the trellis net again. I don't have any room to keep pulling the branches down. I really can't even spin the plants around anymore so I might as well put up the net and fill out the back of the tent with some of the branches. I'm going to get an electric pump instead of the hand pump I used last grow. Once the net goes up I mean.
20220801 164829

Frostie069

Frostie069

View attachment 1265362
The plants now seem like they're happy. I've been getting some weird ppm readings. I don't fully understand them, but I'm still learning. I think I'm figuring it out. View attachment 1265358View attachment 1265359View attachment 1265360
looking happy and lush mate, congratulations on winning the light too, fucking awesome!!!

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I'm starting to get some yellowing and some leaves dying off of leaves at the bottom. Looks like it would be N deficiency. It's really not so bad yet but I don't understand what would be causing it. My soil ph is okay. I used Distilled water and did a slurry test that came back 7.1ph. I've fed slightly light on the ff feed schedule. Both plants are still growing well. The other plant is not having any yellowing. I wondered if maybe the amnesia lemon just requires more N?
20220804 080509

I put a net up today. I was using padded wires to keep a somewhat even canopy but it's getting to be too much. I was trying to avoid a trellis net bc it makes it harder to water. But honestly all these wires running from the branches to the edge of the pots makes it even harder. Plus the fact that I didn't defoliate nearly enough before flower. It's making it extremely difficult to water. I bought a little electric pump to help water with. As far as the net I'm just using it to keep the branches growing laterally until the stretch is over. Then hopefully those lower branches will be even with the canopy up top.
20220805 100433
20220805 100514
20220805 100518

There's so many leaves at the bottom. I guess it'll give the AL more leaves to consume and kill off until I can get more nitrogen in her.

Top Bottom