New Grow - Brothers Grimm/Ace Seeds Genetics

• Thread starter SweetLeafGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Super excited about this new grow of my miracle medical Cannabis cancer cure! After a lot of research and searching out anti cancer strains for my new grow, I ultimately decided, and made some purchases of seeds from Brothers Grimm and Ace Seeds based on excellent terpene reports showing very good anti cancer terpenes in these strains.

Growing in Roots Organics Lush Soil and I will be using Humboldts Secret nutrients during flower, most likely in 3 gallon pots, which I really like from my experience with the current Ethos grow.

Genetics are as follows-
One seed each of Brothers Grimm Cinderella XX, Rosetta Stone XX, and Killer Queen XX feminized.
3 seeds Ace Seeds China Yunnan Regular.

The goal is to have 4 plants going into flower but since the China Yunnan are not feminized, I started 3 seeds and will cull anything over the one female that I am after. If I get lucky and get 2 or 3 females, I will make the extras into clones once they show their gender. If things go as planned, I will select the best plant from the Brothers Grimm strains and the strongest China Yunnan for clones to grow for my summer outdoor greenhouse grow, 4. plants which is also going to include 2 Cherry Tonic Web CBD plants.

Lastly, I wanted to give a big shout out to Brothers Grimm Genetics. I have not grown any of their strains yet but I have heard good things about them. If their genetics are as good as their customer service, things are going to be super at harvest time. There was a slight error on my order. I emailed their customer service, which very quickly and professionally handled the situation. I ordered two packs of seeds and when it was all said and done, I ended up with 5 packs in total!!!

I am hoping this is my best grow yet since I have learned so much about this miracle plant. Thanks to all the cultivators who share their knowledge so unselfishly!

Happy growing to all the great folks at the Farm!

IMG_0201.JPG

IMG_0203.JPG
IMG_0204.JPG

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Thanks guys, removed the dome...trying to keep the humidity up during a cold winter. I have a tent in the 3rd week of flower in the adjacent room to that bathroom and keeping the RH in the 50's but will be bringing that down soon as the flowers mature a bit more. I might have to figure something out to keep the RH up in that bathroom where the seedlings will be for the next month or so.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I’m tappin in here almost dropped the Cindy xx myself this round - still might - haven’t ran brothers gear before either , supposed to be fire for sativa lovers

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Thanks guys, removed the dome...trying to keep the humidity up during a cold winter. I have a tent in the 3rd week of flower in the adjacent room to that bathroom and keeping the RH in the 50's but will be bringing that down soon as the flowers mature a bit more. I might have to figure something out to keep the RH up in that bathroom where the seedlings will be for the next month or so.
Cheap cool mist humidifier is a very good way to raise RH in a room or tent.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Sprout Update-
3 full days after seed to soil and 5 of 6 have sprouted! Still waiting on one of the China Yunnan to pop but so far so good.

One thing of interest to me that I have never seen before. Last night when I checked, the Killer Queen seed had shot up what looked like a root going straight up. I took a bit of soil and covered it up and watered it a bit, and this morning, the same shoot broke through the extra soil I added and was standing tall and proud, but also, another shoot had showed itself with the seed pod and cotyledon showing, a root going downward in addition to the extra "root" thingy. Never saw this before but I am assuming it's not all that uncommon. I am guessing the extra root will die off and everything will proceed normally but maybe I am wrong. Anyone ever see this sort of deformation???

IMG 0213

IMG 0214

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Watching this.. I grew Brothers Grimm C99 back in the early 2000s that was absolutely ridiculous, it practically grew itself. Pretty buds, frost, size, quick finish, minimal fuss, it was easily the best plant i ever grew and i grew it for years.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

3/19 Update-

Two weeks after sprout and things are progressing slowly. The Killer Queen seed that had the extra sprout is growing well and that extra sprout dried up pretty quickly and fell off. The final China Yunnan sprouted as well so 6 for 6! The Cinderella sprout has been very weak since first sprouting and I've had to baby her quite a bit. She sprouted and then sat right on the surface of the soil and did nothing. I carefully pulled a tiny bit of soil away from the plant so the cotyledons weren't sitting right on the soil. Turns out this was a good move bc as the sprout has grown, the tips of the cotyledons have turned brown. I've raised the intensity of the light some to deal with the stretching but I'm not too concerned about that as I will be transplanting into 1 gallon pots soon and will bury them a bit deeper to cover the stretch.

IMG 0741

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Got the new tent set up and everyone transplanted into 1 gallon pots. Progress has been slow but overall, I'm pleased with how these are going. All 3 China Yunnan are looking great (back row). The Cinderella (front left) from Brothers Grimm has been very temperamental but seems to be coming out of it. Killer Queen (front center) is looking, well, killer. Rosetta Stone (front right) is a bit stretchy but looking good, will top her in the next day or two.
IMG 0760

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

A little over a month in and things with this grow are a bit disappointing so far. I got a bag of Roots Organics Lush soil off ebay and it came to me dryer than a popcorn fart. Live and learn I guess and this has been a lesson in dry soil. Two of the Brothers Grimm strains, Cinderella and Rosetta Stone both did not like this soil at all. As time went on, the Killer Queen and two of the China Yunnan started showing the same symptoms of deficiency on the lower leaves. First, I tried feeding them with a diluted basic veg nutrient mix. I watered them in and it just poured straight through that dry soil. I read an article on hydrophobic soil which said to set the pots in water for a period of time to let them soak it up from the bottom. I tried this with the same nutrient water and seemed to give them a drink, but they all continued to go downhill.

I figured what the hell, I'm going to take some drastic measures and if they die, they are looking as though they will die anyway, so let them die with their boots on! I pulled them all out except one of the China Yunnan that looked fine, and transplanted them back into the same pots after pulling all the old soil off the very small root systems, and replacing it with some Coast of Maine container potting soil. So far, all have done well with the transplanting and even the two sick Brothers Grimm strains have even perked up as much as their sick little plant bodies will let them. I still think these two will not survive but we shall see!

IMG 0333
IMG 0327
IMG 0328
IMG 0329
IMG 0330

This China Yunnan stayed in the Roots Organics Soil as it was not showing any of the signs on the lower leaves.

IMG 0331
IMG 0332

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Try a wetting agent like yucca extract or buildasoils Q product which is another wettting agent. These products work great with hydrophobic soil. I always use them on a regular basis to make sure I’m fully saturating the pot. I love roots organics dry amendment like but never had the lush soil. I’ve switched to coast of Maine stonington blend with pretty good results. It has some coir and peat instead of my usual pest based soil. Water in some recharge and pray lol. If you need some genetics sent over I got you brotha no problem

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Thanks IG!

Yea, I like the Coast of Maine soil, used it before. I also like the Roots Organics nutrients so I thought I would try their soil this time. I am sure the soil itself is great, it's just the bag I got had not been stored properly and I didn't know better. I have two other bags of Lush from a different seller but have not opened them to see how they look. Getting ready for a great summer outdoor grow so I got lots of soil! I also bought 3 big bags of Coast of Maine soil that is in the pink bag, Bar Harbour Blend. It was less expensive so that is why I went with that. It's pretty nice soil and what I used to transplant these plants into from the Lush. Nice and dark and drains very well, I was impressed, especially for $25 for a large 2 cubic foot bag, shipping included!

I am also almost finished with the room I have been working on. I am getting close to cancer free and feeling so much better! So I am almost finished, working on the floor tomorrow and then the new RO system, a utility sink and then it's time for the tents and RDWC system! I was thinking about throwing some of your clones in for the first run but perhaps I oughta get some experience first before I try to run an elite cut. I have read a lot about the RDWC and think I have a good chance of success with all the great help here at the farm. Do you have any clones ready? What are your thoughts bro?

Next time I will be prepared!

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Thanks IG!

Yea, I like the Coast of Maine soil, used it before. I also like the Roots Organics nutrients so I thought I would try their soil this time. I am sure the soil itself is great, it's just the bag I got had not been stored properly and I didn't know better. I have two other bags of Lush from a different seller but have not opened them to see how they look. Getting ready for a great summer outdoor grow so I got lots of soil! I also bought 3 big bags of Coast of Maine soil that is in the pink bag, Bar Harbour Blend. It was less expensive so that is why I went with that. It's pretty nice soil and what I used to transplant these plants into from the Lush. Nice and dark and drains very well, I was impressed, especially for $25 for a large 2 cubic foot bag, shipping included!

I am also almost finished with the room I have been working on. I am getting close to cancer free and feeling so much better! So I am almost finished, working on the floor tomorrow and then the new RO system, a utility sink and then it's time for the tents and RDWC system! I was thinking about throwing some of your clones in for the first run but perhaps I oughta get some experience first before I try to run an elite cut. I have read a lot about the RDWC and think I have a good chance of success with all the great help here at the farm. Do you have any clones ready? What are your thoughts bro?

Next time I will be prepared!
I’ll be taking some cuts today but also have a lot of ppl waiting for clones but I for sure got you on one of these cycles for sure just say the word!! I would say go for it bc I can always send a replacement if it didn’t work out. I have a few other beside the grape gas but that’s the only one I’ve personally flowered and im in love with this strain. Sweet but gassy at the same time!

Top Bottom