New Grow - Brothers Grimm/Ace Seeds Genetics

• Thread starter SweetLeafGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Watching this.. I grew Brothers Grimm C99 back in the early 2000s that was absolutely ridiculous, it practically grew itself. Pretty buds, frost, size, quick finish, minimal fuss, it was easily the best plant i ever grew and i grew it for years.
Hi, I did the same thing ,got them from Heavens Stairway and made a jar full,one of the best there is,that pic is at 4 weeks flowering
20220323 201054

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Not trying to scare you but had very much trouble with Ace, most seeds did not pop and ones that did had many many genetic deformitys, Never did finish them nor bought from them ever again.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Update- ~5 weeks since sprout

If you have been following along, I had some issues with hydrophobic soil and learned a good lesson. Cindy (Cinderella XX) and Rose (Rosetta Stone XX) from Brothers Grimm had real issues with this soil. Two of the Ace Seeds China Yunnan (Left to Right China 1, China 2. China 3) and the Killer Queen (Brothers Grimm) were looking better but still showing the same deficiencies so as I reported previously, I transplanted all the seedlings except the China 2, which for whatever reason didn't need it.

I am very happy to report today that this action brought Rose, and especially Cindy back from the brink of death. They are both doing very well considering and you can hardly tell Rose had any issues at all. All plants except Cindy have been topped and are growing nicely. I gave a light feeding of Base A and B, Golden Tree, Tree Trunk, and CalMag+Iron (Humboldts Secret nutes) the first time they needed water after the initial transplanting and watering in.
IMG 0848
IMG 0849
IMG 0850
IMG 0852
IMG 0852
IMG 0853

IMG 0847
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Update ~7 weeks since sprout

Got almost everyone transplanted into their 3 gal pots this past week. Rose and Cindy are both recovered from the deficiencies I had early on in seedling stage - Rose hardly skipped a beat, Cindy has not rebounded quite as well but she is catching up. Cindy was the only one who did not get transplanted but will get her in a fabric pot soon.

Also last week I did a round of LST and topped again where needed. I wanted to flip these to 12/12 by the end of the week but I am not sure I will be where I want to be by then. That hydrophobic soil set me back at least a week and I want to fill the tent more so we will see. Thinking around the start of the 2nd week of May to flip.

The 3 China Yunnan are doing well and excited to flip to see where the gender of these 3 falls. I am going to make a couple of clones of this strain when I know which are female and run this in my greenhouse summer grow alongside a CBD strain and one more undetermined strain.

Other than that, things are going well with this grow and I am excited to get another strain from Brothers Grimm, Apollo XX, which was recently updated with lab testing. Turns out this strain is a super anti cancer starin and I want to get my hands on some of these seeds, which will most likely be the 4th plant in my greenhouse this summer.

Tent #1 Group photo- Back row, left to right - Rosetta Stone XX - Killer Queen XX - Front row, left to right - China 2 - China 1

IMG 0475

Rosetta Stone XX

IMG 0476

Killer Queen XX

IMG 0477

China Yunnan 2

IMG 0478

China Yunnan 1

IMG 0479

Cinderella XX

IMG 0481

China Yunnan 3

IMG 0480

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Update- 5/7/22

Flipped to 12/12 on the 3rd and cruising along. Did some more LST and still need to do a bit more in the next few days, been real busy so have not been able to give as much attention to the plants as I would have liked.

Waiting game is on now with the China Yunnan, looking for signs of gender. I have successfully made my first clones from China 1 and have them in soil now. I have everyone in two tents while I wait for China females and will have only 4 once I have a solid female. Took cuttings from China 2 and 3 before flipping and will keep any that are female for my dispensary friend who wants to grow out this strain. I have also decided that I am only going to run 3 plants in the greenhouse and jump in head first with my new RDWC setup. I've got seeds started for the greenhouse, one each of Wedding Cake (Barneys Farm), Violetta (Ace Seeds), and Cherry Tonic Web CBD (Purple Caper) and will run one of these China Yunnan clones indoors in the RDWC hydro system. So that is my plan for the summer.

Group shot tent 1
IMG 0492

China 3
IMG 0494

Killer Queen
IMG 0496

Rosetta Stone
IMG 0495

Cinderella
IMG 0499

China 1
IMG 0498

Group shot tent 2
IMG 0497

China 2

IMG 0493

Roots

Clones

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

5/10 22 update-

One week into flower and 2 out of the 3 China Yunnan have shown themselves to be males and the 3rd is not looking promising fo getting a female, definitely leaning male but still a bit inconclusive.

China 1 and China 2 are both definitely males. Big bummer there but will flower out the 3 from Brothers Grimm in the 3x3, won't be optimal but will suffice.

IMG 0512
IMG 0509
IMG 0511
IMG 0510

I

ITSMYFIRSTTIME

Thats a shame! I hate having to get rid of a healthy plant I invested so much time and love into. Hopefully the 3rd one is a female! I have 2 seedlings started now and 4 more seeds germinating!

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

You're the best! Thanks Brother. Touch base with me privately before, there are a few logistics we need to consider because I live in such a rural area.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

June 6 update ending week 5 flower-

I've been super busy and have not been able to spend much time at the Farm but have an update on the Brothers Grimm grow. I only have 3 plants in the tent because the China Yunnan plants, which were regular seeds, all came up male, That was the first crappy thing that happened with this grow.

I am still battling cancer and still taking a full gram of RSO every day and have been for almost 10 months. I am beating the cancer but there are side effects that have been very frustrating. Short term memory is shot and if I don't write things down, I screw things up. Concentration and critical thinking are also impaired. With that said, I screwed up and accidentally feed Rose (Rosetta Stone) and Queenie (Killer Queen) full strength nutes 4 days apart.....doht!

Anyhow, Rose did not take it well, Queenie didn't like it to a lesser extent. When I figured out what I had done, I did a flush on them, then when they dried out a few days later, gave them RO water with cal/mag only. I have since fed them when they dried out again and it seems that I have stopped the damage. Rose was fairly stunted from this mistake and you can see it in the smaller flowers compared to Queenie. Cindy (Cinderella) was not affected because she is in a 5 gallon pot and didn't need water that day.

Group Photo

IMG 0593

Rose-

IMG 0594

Queenie

IMG 0595

Cindy

IMG 0596

Cindy and Queenie Flower

IMG 0599
IMG 0600

Top Bottom