New grow looks healthy, but dropping and leaf curl down

• Thread starter S.WestFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

What’s going on Farmers? Title pretty much explained my situation. I’m on day 38 with these, and have noticed some dropping and clawing down of the leaves as well. I let the soil get dry about 1-2 inches on top before I water. Temps are 70-76 degrees, humidity is staying around 40-50%. Using Ocean Forest soil from Fox Farm. Got a circulating fan for my ladies as well.

Oh! And I was wondering if anyone could tell if they are male or female yet? (I feel [hope] female) I tried getting closer but my phone wasn’t having it. And I probably should’ve cut the light, so I’ll do that now! Ha

Thanks in advance to all the helpful!

New grow looks healthy but dropping and leaf curl down
New grow looks healthy but dropping and leaf curl down 2
New grow looks healthy but dropping and leaf curl down 3
New grow looks healthy but dropping and leaf curl down 4
New grow looks healthy but dropping and leaf curl down 5
New grow looks healthy but dropping and leaf curl down 6
New grow looks healthy but dropping and leaf curl down 7
New grow looks healthy but dropping and leaf curl down 8
New grow looks healthy but dropping and leaf curl down 9
az2000

az2000

I think I see N toxicity (the claw, buckled)? And/or, maybe the plants aren't drying enough between waterings? Do you lift the container and feel what it feels like? It should feel alarmingly light. (If it's too light the leaves will droop. They'll bounce back 20 minutes after watering. It's not the end of the world. Worth doing it once to know what that feels like.).

How many days between waterings? You said the top 1-2" is dry. How long does that take?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It looks like over feeding to me. What medium and what nutrients are you using? The plant is still pretty young to need much to eat, I'm willing to bet that it has either too hot of a soil or too much fertilizer being used. Water overage looks similar, but has a different overall look that I can't really describe. Tell us the specifics and lets get this fixed!
****Update*****
I re-read your originl post and saw the words "Fox Farms". This is the #1 post that I reply to and just finished another about the same product. FF is great but too hot for some plants, seems like Indica has more trouble with it, It has a ton of nutrients in it and adding any to it will cause overfeeding issues and possible nutrient lockout. Plants usually recover if the overfeeding is stopped, but the truth is that some strains have a hard time with it, and some seem OK. If you search thru a lot of my replies, I answer the same questions at least 10 times a week with all being about using FF and adding nutrients.

S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

alright guys i'll start watering every 4-5 days. generally been watering about every 2-3 days. Yeah i was recently informed that this soil is better used on plants lready in the flowering stage. Hopefully cutting back on the water helps. I've not been adding additional nutes to the mix, as i know how hot this soil comes. I'll keep ya'll updated! thank you all a lot

Top Bottom