New grower advice

• Thread starter Davler513
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
My ppdf varies through out my tent but does not reach 750 should my camera be facing the light to test it?
oh, sorry, just reread your message.. lets see if we can find some instructions for ya

D

Davler513

Screenshot 20230606 201106 Photos

D

Davler513

oh, sorry, just reread your message.. lets see if we can find some instructions for ya

Thank you for all the info I am gonna study up on dli and ppdf but as it stands with my screen facing the plant it reads at 1.0-1.3 and the other way it reads around 70 I am going to research and try to correct the issue

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Your front facing camera the one you take selfies with, place it on the head of the plant point camera towards the light and see what it reads.
Theres a setting for red blue lights on the app, your probably reading it on the full spectrum setting

Pilted

Pilted

Make sure it's set on ppfd, clicked the button on the bottom to pick light. Click the I in the top left to see tutorials.
Screenshot 20230606 205236 349
Screenshot 20230606 205308 554
Screenshot 20230606 205336 488

D

Davler513

Theres a setting for red blue lights on the app, your probably reading it on the full spectrum setting

Thank u for the knowledge at 18in my ppdf is reading at 70-150 for both red/blue and full spectrum and my DLI for 18/6 is reading at 4.2-6 I am considering lowering

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Thank u for the knowledge at 18in my ppdf is reading at 70-150 for both red/blue and full spectrum and my DLI for 18/6 is reading at 4.2-6 I am considering lowering
You might need a full spectrum LED lighting solution and ditch the red blue light .

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Thank u for the knowledge at 18in my ppdf is reading at 70-150 and my DLI for 18/6 is reading at 4.2-6
Hmm what light is this? Lemme look back you should be seeing much higher readings off of a grow light,

Are you using iOS or android? I know with my iPhone I need to use a diffuser I don’t believe android needs one but I may be wrong

Can you give us an exact light model?

D

Davler513

Hmm what light is this? Lemme look back you should be seeing much higher readings off of a grow light,

Are you using iOS or android? I know with my iPhone I need to use a diffuser I don’t believe android needs one but I may be wrong

Can you give us an exact light model?
Turns out my ppfd reader was wildly incorrectly calibrated when I used my wife she was getting a reading of 1250 where as I only got 70

Pilted

Pilted

Turns out my ppfd reader was wildly incorrectly calibrated when I used my wife she was getting a reading of 1250 where as I only got 70
Sounds like 1250 is accurate with the way the leaves are curling up on top leaves I was thinking 1100-1200. You want the top at 900 ish depending on the plant, some will be okay at 1000 but not all plants will be able to handle 1000. The 1250 is probably the reason you are experiencing slow growth and why it is not on track for your harvest time. Easy fix get top bud site in the 900 ish or lower range and the lower bud sites in the 600 or above range. You lost a lot of time with it being at 1250 it has slowed growth and you have probably lost out on some yield, but you know where the issue is now so get them in range and she should start maturing properly.

D

Davler513

Sounds like 1250 is accurate with the way the leaves are curling up on top leaves I was thinking 1100-1200. You want the top at 900 ish depending on the plant, some will be okay at 1000 but not all plants will be able to handle 1000. The 1250 is probably the reason you are experiencing slow growth and why it is not on track for your harvest time. Easy fix get top bud site in the 900 ish or lower range and the lower bud sites in the 600 or above range. You lost a lot of time with it being at 1250 it has slowed growth and you have probably lost out on some yield, but you know where the issue is now so get them in range and she should start maturing properly.
OK so with me not knowing an exact time for harvest when should I begin flushing

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
OK so with me not knowing an exact time for harvest when should I begin flushing
That comes with some experience with the said plant your working with. With all the diffrent strains out there... could be 50 days or 80... who know man, your there, study the plant and compare it to pics of it online or books if you have them. Easy to harvest too early, very hard to harvest to late. Just read your OP right now, no way that's 67 days into flower. If it is...get a new light bro, asap. Otherwise your gonna be chasing your tail on every grow. Good luck.

Pilted

Pilted

You will need to watch for the buds to be ripe. There are many ways to do this can use phone take a close up picture, then on the picture you took zoom in even more to see the tricones ( or get a jewler loop or a USB microscope). This is the easiest and most accurate way to tell when it ready.

Commercial growers look at new growth compared to old growth, they look at the stigmas the white hairs, when they see less new new white hairs and more orange hairs they know it's time to harvest.

People that have been around a long time can just glance at a plant and know it's ripe, it will take me and you many years to be able to pull that off I am sure.

Just remember earlier you pull it more of a head high it will be, later you pull it more of a couch lock high it will be. If you pull it too early you will lose potency, if you pull it to late you will lose potency.

I would go with the tricones method what you are looking at the tricones you wanna first look for the tricones on the buds not the leaves, they start off clear, this is to early, they then turn cloudy/milky color, this is the early stage when you can pull them, all cloudy no amber is the head high range. After cloudy they start to turn amber, this is the CBD starting to be created by the plant, once all tricones are cloudy and 10-20% are amber this is the late stage to pull it and will give you more of a couch lock high, any later then that and you start losing potency.

Will take you a few grows to find the high you like but you want all tricones to be cloudy before you harvest at least. I usually go for all cloudy and very few amber. Just remember this is for the tricones on the buds not the leaves.

Pilted

Pilted

Now you know what your looking for and when to harvest you need to more or less guesstimate on when to do final flush, since the plant has had light stress it will depend on how fast it recovers and how fast it starts to mature, I personally wouldn't start flushing until I seen one two amber on the buds, but I don't know the growth pattern for your individual plant so hard for me to say. Also remember when looking at tricones the top buds will show the color change before the lower buds, so you have to take that into consideration also.

Pilted

Pilted

Oh also remember I am new so if others are giving a different suggestion, you probably wanna go with what they are saying, all I can do is tell you what I would do, if that's the best way or not I am not sure, but it's the best way I know.

D

Davler513

Oh also remember I am new so if others are giving a different suggestion, you probably wanna go with what they are saying, all I can do is tell you what I would do, if that's the best way or not I am not sure, but it's the best way I know.
I was planning to play it by ear

Latest posts

Top Bottom