New Grower! Any advice for my new Pink Kush Clones ?

• Thread starter Aubz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aubz

Aubz

Hey, I am a first time grower and would love your help or advice!

I have 4 Pink Kush clones that are about 2 1/2 weeks old I picked up last week from a trusted grower.
I’ve built a makeshift green house with some PVC pipe and plastic sheets. Take a look at the pictures!

Any thing I can do to improve this green house ?

I do take my plants out of the greenhouse from about 9AM-2PM due to the lack of light and then move them back into greenhouse around 2PM. Unfortunately they only get good sun light until about 6PM due to tree coverage.

Hopefully they get enough sun lol :(

Topping my clones for the first time

I’ve read a lot of back and fourth about how to train clones. Some say topping is the best, some say it’s counter intuitive so just stick with LST. So I was kinda stuck....

Frustrating part is, I could not find a lot of information on topping clones. Due to the sex maturity of plant I knew i was going to be facing alternating nodes and not symmetrical nodes as you would get from a seedling.
I ame to the conclusion too utilize both techniques and see what happens, along with some defoliation to concentrate energy to the new stems created.

Take a look at the my newly topped plants along with some LST training.

lol I don’t know if I did a good job or not but I guess we will tell in about a week or so

Also, I do believe the grower has a mite infestation. As you can see the white dots on the leaves.

I have and will use Neem Oil every 3 days to control this problem!

Would love to hear any comments good or bad, I am a new grower that loves to learn, so your help is appreciated!

Have a solid day!

Aubz

New grower any advice for my new pink kush clones
New grower any advice for my new pink kush clones 2
New grower any advice for my new pink kush clones 3
New grower any advice for my new pink kush clones 4
New grower any advice for my new pink kush clones 5
Last edited:
Jermamma420

Jermamma420

Good looking babies.
Topping it will cause the lower branches to grow faster, but as you already stated, they wont double in numbers every time.
For the LST you want to bend your stalks/branches, not the fan leaves. When the stalk gets laid down, it causes all the side branches to shoot up really fast, like separate plants.
I don't agree with defoliating without a good reason. You'll notice each starting branch has a fan leaf. That leaf is helping to feed that branch, and it will grow faster with all it's leaves, plus they will buffer any nutrient mistakes. They store food, and give it up when the plant needs it.
I grow SOG and only have single colas. My defoliating only consists of removing lower branches, until about week 3-4 in 12/12. After that, there isn't any more branching. I leave all the fan leaves on, though, and just remove them, and feed them to the worms, or chickens as they die.
That flat label in your pot looks like galvanized coated metal. Zinc poisoning.
It's good you take your plants outside. Fresh air and ventilation, like a fan, is important to keep the water and nutrients flowing through the plants.
I recently had a fan go out, and all my plants almost died, and got taco leaves, even tho the light was plenty far enough away.
I added a breeze, and everything got better.
It makes me think of the cheap dehydrators, how they pull cool air from the bottom, and out through the top. Plants work the same way, kinda :) All that water has to have a place to go, so it helps if the air is not too humid, and moving.

Last edited:
Aubz

Aubz

@Jermamma420

Thank you so much for the advice! I really appreciate It.

I literally ran outside and LST’d the branches as you mentioned!

Ok good to know! All I’ve read is the bottom kolas are all energy suckers that aren’t needed. But what you’ve said makes total sense! I’ll ensure I’ll wait till about week 3-4.

Apologies but I don’t know if I am answering your question correctly
“Is it 7 in the morning, or 7 at night!?”

I move my plants into the sun at 9AM. Due to the location of my greenhouse, it doesn’t really get sun until about 2PM, that’s when i move them back into the green house. I get solid sun until about 6, as the sun goes down again due to the position of the green house it doesn’t not get ample sun from 6PM-9PM. Even though I know I need to be on a 18/6 in veg stage, I hope they still grow nice Lol

I could move them to the front of the house but it would be to out in the open.

I’ve added photos on what the plants looked like prior to my training, take a look

Again thanks for the tips any thing else you can throw at me please do!

Aubz

282000F7 A2A7 4E05 A647 0729A8BC930F
1C4D4B69 AC66 4EA5 99ED 90EA0C3BEFB4
939F6BB1 6C9E 47C5 9EC2 5464998D169B
10A94FC0 E698 4A67 B11A 36B9735D404F
Jermamma420

Jermamma420

@Jermamma420

Apologies but I don’t know if I am answering your question correctly
“Is it 7 in the morning, or 7 at night!?”

Aubz
Oh, that 7 in the morning thing is my signature.
One time me and my dad got so stoned, and partied hard that night, until the sun came up, and we didn't know what day it was, or if it was day or night, LOL

Jermamma420

Jermamma420

All I’ve read is the bottom kolas are all energy suckers that aren’t needed. But what you’ve said makes total sense! I’ll ensure I’ll wait till about week 3-4.
Yeah, any branches or buds that cant reach the canopy will be energy suckers, but with your LST, you'll be able to get most if not all the branches at the same height for flowering.
It's just theres never really any good reason to remove the fan leaves, like so many people do, unless theres not enough good air flow, and they have mold issues. Once they're done growing, they dont take any energy, they only give it, and make it. Plus every injury only slows growth. Sometimes it's worth it in the end, sometimes not. All part of the fun and learning.
I aim for the fastest turn around myself, which means 8 week flowering time genetics ( Critical strain right now),cloning, and harvesting every 2 weeks, when things go good.
Sometimes my cloner gets infected with slime though, and throws everything off. I'm gonna get on the compost tea train for that. I have confidence it will work.

Aubz

Aubz

Thank you so much!

Great advice! I actually purchased Blue Sky Organics Growing Kit, I’m testing it out but it seems like it’s a good product!

Came with the tea I believe you mentioned!

F03E0EBD A35F 4EA8 B619 5DC4A420689C
BFD30596 1D7C 403E BD4F DE6BD46AB485
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Welcome. Looking good. I’d wait to top those clones until they are more established. Also with the green house, watch the humidity. Get a couple fans moving air around in there. Plants need 14hours (or more) of sunlight to continue to veg. Depending on where you are, nows the perfect time. Happy grows.
Burnz

Aubz

Aubz

@BurnzYzBudZz

thank you =D

I actually just topped them today with the
LST. I put some pictures above prior too, take a look. I really tried to create symmetry when topping and LST, even though the nodes are alternating.

I’ll update in about a week, and hopefully things go well LOL

Aubz

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
@BurnzYzBudZz

thank you =D

I actually just topped them today with the
LST. I put some pictures above prior too, take a look. I really tried to create symmetry when topping and LST, even though the nodes are alternating.

I’ll update in about a week, and hopefully things go well LOL

Aubz
How long were they outside before you topped? Just watch for signs of stress. They look great. You are along for a great journey. Remember, patience is a virtue when growing. Don’t over mother your plants 🤣 and watch the overwatering. Happy grows.

Aubz

Aubz

I would say they’ve been out for about a week and half. Thank you so much, the validation of me being on the right path feels good!

LOOL One thing I gotta work on is patience, I feel like a proud parent 😂😂 so I constantly watch them lool

I have been using a moisture meter but I honestly feel like feeling out the weight on the plant when it is watered vs non watered; I feel as if you can really tell the difference.

Any more tips I would absolutely love!

Thanks for all the support and help!

Aubz

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I have never used the moisture meter only the weight of the pot. After a month or so you will get the watering thing down. I will be checking out that blue sky organics you got there. I’m running the dyna gro series right now.

Aubz

Aubz

Nice!
Its a great set I think for beginners without breaking the bank. Purchased off Amazon for $100 with shipping(due to the weight) in Canada.

Funny enough the kit came with the moisture meter lol kinda use full to check the moisture content at different depths within the soil but who really needs to do that lo

Thanks for the advice I’ll be sure to update next week on the progress of these beauty’s

Aubz

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hi welcome to the farm hope you enjoy the site LST needs to be started early while the branch is easy to bend and before it get to set in it way I use this method in my grows combined with a second harvest method I find I get the best result in my situation . Od .

Aubz

Aubz

@One drop

Hey! Thanks for the the advice!

Definitely will try that out, is there anything I can do to improve my current LST ?

I got some great advice in terms of not bending at the actual Kola but the branch. I think this is good but I’m already seeing a lot of new growth around the stem and some new auxiliary nodes.

Aubz

Aubz

Aubz

@Jermamma420

HeyI took your advice on the LST on the stalk vs branches. I bent them yesterday and already seeing them shoot back up.

I felt as if my originally LST wasn’t doing much lol

C321E261 273E 44A6 9CB5 443A8A66EE4C
46803A47 E89E 4F09 AB4F 2B0BA19F89AA
75A7F996 138D 4F6A B6C5 2EFBE2E31C05
0233EA57 3089 4C65 AFF0 F4CAC2032469
Top Bottom