New grower Curled/taco'd leafs..

• Thread starter OGKE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OGKE

OGKE

Got 4 clones from a friend. Followed his instructions. Inside in a small grow tent under light at night, then outside in the sun during the day. Now in their 2nd week of flower, outside all the time. The were perfect looking until about a week ago when I notice a single branch with leafs that were curled up on the edges and a few younger leafs that were curled almost shut. I did find just a bit of webbing and removed it. Also there was a small brown bug tucked in the folds of the very young bud that I caught and killed. However it seems to be spreading.
I have not found any other bugs like the first one…well I may have spotted one, but it got away.<update(This morning I was looking under a curly leaf and saw and smashed a REALLY small brown/reddish bug). Ive picked 2 leafhoppers off and there are a few ants here and there (going to use cinnamon today).
My friend suggested soap and water spray. I made some on the weaker end of the scale to be safe and applied it yesterday evening. They girls seemed to tolerate it and I will re-apply with a stronger mix later today.
They are in 5 gallon cloth bags, in Auroras Roots Organic 707.
I have fed them once a week for the last 2 weeks ( Fox Farm’s Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom).
They get watered moderately every 2-3 days.
As far as ambient temp and humidity, I am located in Hawaii.
Please have a look and give me your thoughts on what this could possibly be. Mahalo plenty!

New grower curledtacod leafs
New grower curledtacod leafs 2
New grower curledtacod leafs 3
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Russet mites. Good luck, they a real bitch. Sulphur is a decent treatment for them, as is rosemary oil and peppermint oil spray.

OGKE

OGKE

Thanx for the reply...Just looked them up. Isopropyl alcohol (1 part to 3 parts water or even a little stronger with cannabis according to what I just read) and Diatomaceous earth ( thin layer on top of soil around plant and leaves) were also mentioned-- ever try either or heard of any anecdotal stories? What about Neem? Mahalo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom