New Grower Drooping leaves and dying leaves help

• Thread starter RyanDaGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RyanDaGrower

RyanDaGrower

Lately these girls bottom leaves have been dying, which I thought nothing of because these leaves never reached out for sun and the plant was to bushy to let light in, but now after a few days of being in a 104 heat wave. They now look like this, for last week and a half I’ve started to give the Grow Big Fox farm Fert 2-3 teaspoons a gallon every other watering (each plant gets 40 oz of water mixed with it) it’s now turned there leaves dark green like an OG strain should look like. It’s also been smoky with the Cali fires and today it’s an full overcast of it. For the next few days it’s supposed to be in the 90’s and I hoping they can make a full recovery before the heat starts up again! Should I do LST for the stem and leaves that are growing? What am I doing wrong? Should I be watering twice a day?

New grower drooping leaves and dying leaves help
New grower drooping leaves and dying leaves help 2
New grower drooping leaves and dying leaves help 3
New grower drooping leaves and dying leaves help 4
clinton5656

clinton5656

I'm seeing some spots on there that could be thrip but most likely is calcium deficiency. So a little cal-mag should help do the trick but as far as your watering is concerned they do like to be stressed a bit and vegging when it comes to water so you can easily over water make sure the pot is empty not just an inch of the top soil. Pick up the pot and get an idea of when it is empty I always found the best growth spurts that I get was after watering and when it had no water left in the pot I will let it go a couple days until it looks like it's starting to suffer and then drowned it again and you see tremendous growth. Not sure what your humidity level is either but that could be a slight issue I know where I'm at I can get 108° in my greenhouse and be about 30, 40% humidity. The only plants I ever had issues with and that type of heat was new clone. Once they're established they should not have any issues being in the sun unless they are new to the Sun and then they need to be introduced slowly. But it looks like they're being overwatered and looks like possibly a little calcium deficiency. They are definitely under some heat stress but that's okay it really shouldn't bother them too much as long as they're being watered right.

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

If I’m doing my math correctly 40 oz water is five 8 oz cups or a little more than a quart into grow bags (3-5 gallon?) in CA heat, which I believe is WAY under watering for your conditions. Plants look nice and green but I think they need at least a gallon every 1-2 days with FF feed every 3 days. Other Cali growers please chime in. I’m in MA and have very little experience growing in CA heat.

Top Bottom