New grower from eastern New Mexico

• Thread starter sagadella
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sagadella

New to cannabis and I've been devouring information as fast as I find it and I am finding everything! The information for new members is like a crash course in growing. It's really a gift- so thanks!
I have a small commercial hydroponics greenhouse raising lettuce- so naturally I want to grow hydroponic cannabis. I am half way through my first grow ( in my basement) with 2 surviving Critical Purple feminized autos- and am learning the hard way as newbys must. Really- all my issues have been addressed in the forum- its all there - beautifully documented and organized.
Currently using an ebb and flow system with hygroten. Biggest challenge so far and been the titration in nutrient needs and concentration- the goal with lettuce is to NOT
Tempimagehvpr7vjpg
to bloom! :-))

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Welcome, plant looks good enough.
What are your environmental perimeters?
Also, what made you choose auto-flowers for growing?

S

sagadella

Welcome, plant looks good enough.
What are your environmental perimeters?
Also, what made you choose auto-flowers for growing?
Thanks for the response-Im sorry I only just found how to see responses. This is not only first grow but first time participating in a Forum- ever -and I'm of a certain age, so software is usually a 4 letter word! I am using flood and drain, 4x4 grow tent, Hortibest Octopus G8 660watt LED now but started with home built LED lights that I use for sprouting lettuce seedlings, Botanicare PRO veg, bloom and cal-mag. My grow room does not have a heater or dehumidifier for reasons of electrical safety but I have been managing to keep in the VPD ranges with exhaust fans and low ambient humidity. I must say this is a very friendly group- most all people are so supportive of each other.
I do have a question for you if I may- Just realized that what was supposed to be an auto flower is still vegging in week 8 5/7. No sign of sex traits at all but has secondary branching. Is it possible to have a photo period in an otherwise auto seed group?
Oh - did auto only for size and what I thought would be simpler for lighting before I had a grow tent. NOW I have recognized the additional challenges to autos! Half hoping it is a photo period and will learn to clone:-)

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Thanks for the response-Im sorry I only just found how to see responses. This is not only first grow but first time participating in a Forum- ever -and I'm of a certain age, so software is usually a 4 letter word! I am using flood and drain, 4x4 grow tent, Hortibest Octopus G8 660watt LED now but started with home built LED lights that I use for sprouting lettuce seedlings, Botanicare PRO veg, bloom and cal-mag. My grow room does not have a heater or dehumidifier for reasons of electrical safety but I have been managing to keep in the VPD ranges with exhaust fans and low ambient humidity. I must say this is a very friendly group- most all people are so supportive of each other.
I do have a question for you if I may- Just realized that what was supposed to be an auto flower is still vegging in week 8 5/7. No sign of sex traits at all but has secondary branching. Is it possible to have a photo period in an otherwise auto seed group?
Oh - did auto only for size and what I thought would be simpler for lighting before I had a grow tent. NOW I have recognized the additional challenges to autos! Half hoping it is a photo period and will learn to clone:-)
It’s always possible you could have and photoperiod plant mixed in, 9 weeks with no sign of flowering is longer than any auto I’ve grown.

Top Bottom