New grower help during flowering stage

• Thread starter pandamore
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pandamore

Hi everyone! Gonna be upfront and say I’m really hoping to learn more and get better at growing, this was my first attempt and I’m running into issues and don’t really know where to start. I’ve been growing kushmints in coco soil, 12/12 light and have been fertilizing with Canna Coco A/B every 3 days. Everything was growing very healthy until the flowers started growing. Even when they were small they were all okay, but once they really started to form it looked like they were sucking everything out of the rest of the leaves. What do you guys think happened and how can I prepare my plants better for next grow attempt? I am also curious if I will be able to salvage any of the buds or if all the leaves will be dead before the final formation.

In the photos, the taller 3 plants are kushmints and the smallest one is Runtz. I know the kushmints were “fast growing” so I thought that was explaining the height difference, but the runts started to not grow well after initial flowering. Maybe also in the future, do you guys recommend only growing one strain in a single tent? So many questions but thanks guys in advance

New grower help during flowering stage
New grower help during flowering stage 2
New grower help during flowering stage 3
New grower help during flowering stage 4
New grower help during flowering stage 5
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

looks like way to much nitrogen to me but then again im no expert

P

Psy3784

The slightly wet pots, is that all the water you have been giving them each time? I have only grown outdoors and in the ground but, might need more water too maybe?

Jerd

Jerd

your soil looks bone dry on the edges and sopping wet in the middle. or is that just a shadow?

sambapati

sambapati

looks like way to much nitrogen to me but then again im no expert
yes...agree it isn't too late to add some nitrogen organically would be best. Water from the outside in VERY slowly. Stop and take your time. Sure you'll get some smokeable bud.

P

pandamore

yes...agree it isn't too late to add some nitrogen organically would be best. Water from the outside in VERY slowly. Stop and take your time. Sure you'll get some smokeable bud.
Awe thank you for this advice! I just bought nitrogen only fertilizer and I’ll do that watering advice. When it comes to my next grow, should I start with nitrogen heavy fertilizing and then switch to canna coco in the later stages? Curious what your favorite method is

P

pandamore

your soil looks bone dry on the edges and sopping wet in the middle. or is that just a shadow?
I’ve been just watering in the middle in fear of overwatering, but should I be soaking the entirety of the pot?

Jerd

Jerd

I’ve been just watering in the middle in fear of overwatering, but should I be soaking the entirety of the pot?
the roots to grow to the sides of the bags so your oribably missing a bunch of roots when watering. im just a new grower but thats my take

sambapati

sambapati

Every square inch must be watered slowly and gently. Water 1/2 wait an hour then finish and drain.

Heywood

Heywood

Roots will not grow into dry soil.

You need to thoroughly water the entire pot, then let the plant use up that water before watering again.
Wait to re-water until the pot feels very light when lifted.

Looks like you have plenty of room to add additional soil into those pots as well.

Top Bottom