New grower here and need a lot of help

• Thread starter BcMemphis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BcMemphis

BcMemphis

I am having problems with my 2 plants and sorry in advance for the long post but I want to give some back round info.

What I have :
2x4 and a 3x3 tent and I am using the 2x4 for this.
2 Mars Hydro TS 1000W turned up about half way
Small heater set on a WiFi heater controller set to 78
Small humidifier set 55 I have to fell up once a day
4in in-line infinitely fan with the display to check all settings of the environment
Are use reverse osmosis water for watering and the humidifier

I got 2 clones from a friend of a friend with no info about them or how fare alone they are. They came in red solo cups and looked good. I put them in the tent for a 2 days to let them distress and I moved them into a 3gal fab. Pot with fox farm ocean soil. They have been doing good for 2 weeks now and I have not feed them anything because I have bad luck and I was hopping the soil would give me time to figure things out. Now I am getting yellow spots and the center of the leaves are turning a lighter color. So today i added 4ml of cal mag to the water and PH it to 6.3. `I have General hydroponics nuts but i seem to also screw this up. Any help would be great.!!!!!!!! I seem to not be able to figure out a feed schedule or how often to feed and then feed just water.

New grower here and need a lot of help
New grower here and need a lot of help 2
New grower here and need a lot of help 3
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Every other day or so . There are times everyday but the soil is dry.
It's not dry the top is dry... its sopping wet at the bottom where the roots are.

BcMemphis

BcMemphis

It's not dry the top is dry... its sopping wet at the bottom where the roots are.

I just watered it right before pic was takin.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes because over watering is not to much water but watering to often. When the soil stays saturated unless you have high drainage like soiless it become depleted of oxygen and the plants can't take up nutrients... immobile nutrients are usually first to show like in your case iron or Zinc and then come calcium.

BcMemphis

BcMemphis

Yes because over watering is not to much water but watering to often. When the soil stays saturated unless you have high drainage like soiless it become depleted of oxygen and the plants can't take up nutrients... immobile nutrients are usually first to show like in your case iron or Zinc and then come calcium.
Is it normal to water every other day or every other 2 days in the veg state?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Here is a video that may ease your mind about underwatering.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Is it normal to water every other day or every other 2 days in the veg state?
Your not getting it... yes ideally you water every 2-3days but all that means is you want a media and pot size that allows for that... in your case it doesn't and forget the x days thing... you water when they need not just an arbitrary number.

BcMemphis

BcMemphis

You need to let the soil dry out à good bit between waterings. If those nutes you have aren't organic buy some basic organic grow and bloom nutes. Keep it simple while your trying to learn.
I don’t thing they are organic notes ....
Your not getting it... yes ideally you water every 2-3days but all that means is you want a media and pot size that allows for that... in your case it doesn't and forget the x days thing... you water when they need not just an arbitrary number.
that is a great video and I am seeing what u are saying.I am over watering but what the video shows is that it is easier to fix a plant that needs water than a plant that is over watered. I am doing a lot more harm over watering it.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Exactly. Water/feed when required not when it's convenient for you.
The roots like a soil that has a lot of air in it. If your constantly soaking it without giving the soil the wet dry cycle it needs your just going to drown your roots.drowned roots equals fucked shoots.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Exactly. Water/feed when required not when it's convenient for you.
The roots like a soil that has a lot of air in it. If your constantly soaking it without giving the soil the wet dry cycle it needs your just going to drown your roots.drowned roots equals fucked shoots.
So much this ^^^

Latest posts

Top Bottom