New grower in Thailand thanks to legalization-- looking for outdoor seed recommendations for humidity and heat

• Thread starter HKTT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HKTT

Hello all,

Thailand just legalized growing of up to 15 plants per household. I bought some cheap "blue dream" seeds and after about 3 weeks they started flowering. I did get a small yield out of these plants, but now I want to take my outdoor growing to the next level for some quality harvests.

I live at sea level where the average high temperature is around 90 daily. I would prefer sativa or a hybrid for daytime energy and focus, then a couple indica flowers for the evening relaxation.

After using the search function on the forum, I was not able to find seeds specifically for warm humid tropical climates.

If anyone has grown outdoors in a hot and humid sea level climate, I would appreciate any recommendations.

Thank you.

First flowers
virginiaponics

virginiaponics

Dutch passion Shaman, or Royal queen Fruit spirit, both of these do really well outdoors, also ripper seeds acid dough

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
You may have to concern yourself with the hours of daylight do you have going on over there more so than the hot humid climate.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I grow a few high energy sativa doms, but I've been growing indoors for many years, so I just don't know how they'd perform outdoors. I'd stick with strains with tropical sativas in their family tree, including Thai (duh!), Colombian, Jamaican and maybe some of the African strains.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
If you are trying to grow photoperiod Plants it looks like you might not have enough hours of daylight to keep them in veg. They’ll probably keep flowering early like your blue dreams did. Unless you can rig up some supplemental lighting and give them a few more hours of light each day to keep them in veg till they get larger. Or look into non-photo. Plants. Or possibly local strains that do better under those lighting conditions. I would get out and ask some locals how they are growing maybe and what they are growing under those lighting conditions. Just my two cents. Good luck, and welcome to the farm!

sambapati

sambapati

Yes, we have around 12 hours of light 365 days a year.
Welcome to the farm! Living in the Eastern Seaboard area and have several indoor and outdoor grows under my belt in country. Echoing what @Oldchucky said, 12/12 from the outset is the challenge outside along with bugs, aphids, mold, spider mites and PM. If you like, I have an organic pesticide that I buy from Bangkok that the bugs don't like. If it is possible to veg the plants indoors and then move 'em outside to flower that is also a strategy. Regarding strains, there are a lot of varieties with a Thai base and other influences....Can experiment. Come December I'm trying out an outdoor garden tent/and outdoor fans to keep the wind moving....Let me know if I can help.

Cohi

Cohi

Very nice selection of seeds from your part of the world. I've got a bunch of their stuff and have always been pleased.

Top Bottom